Cricket XVIII -- Ashes and other psychological horrors

Xray the Enforcer

Dammit, can't believe I'm missing all the action. Sounds like a fantastic first day's cricket though the scorecard suggests England are beginning to getting on top. If we can keep things quiet for another 30 overs, the new ball should do the trick hopefully.

@Malt Was that the one about "getting a leg over," followed by 10 minutes of the commentators giggling on air? Because that still makes me laugh.

Anyone have a link to that, BTW?

ETA -- no! I see it was the other famous one -- The bowler is Holding, the batman's Willey. :lol:

Michael Holding is my hero. The Windies v England series in 76(?) is one of my first memories of watching the whole game. This still makes me shudder:

By the way, X-Ray, if you haven't already you should see the Fire in Bablyon documentary about the great West Indies team of the 70s and 80s.

Michael Holding is my hero. The Windies v England series in 76(?) is one of my first memories of watching the whole game. This still makes me shudder:

By the way, X-Ray, if you haven't already you should see the Fire in Bablyon documentary about the great West Indies team of the 70s and 80s.

:cheers:

Hopefully I can find it and watch it this weekend!

This is looking like the series people were saying Bell was going to have... well, in 2005, but more specifically in 2010-11. Of course Cook scored eleven billion runs so Bell didn't get much of a look-in. It's a shame he's not kicking on and maximising his hundreds, though. Maybe he's saving up for a treble on the Oval tarmac.

A Steve Smith full toss! The mockers aren't even bothering to pretend it isn't Alex's fault anymore.

ETA: This is really looking like 400 hundred plus is a par score so despite Bell's good work England still need Prior an the tail to score a fair number of runs.

Archived