NYC in august

Hello!

I wonder if anyone is up for a cup of coffee or something in NYC, August? I'll be there from August 13 to 18. Would love to meet fellow fans and chat.

My plans are flexible, I've only bought tickets for opera/concert on tuesday and wednesday nights. Else, I'm free! I enjoy museums, coffeeshops, dining, etc. A game would be nice too. There's NY Restaurant Week also so that could work for lunch or dinner.

Let me know guys if anyone would like to meet!

I also put up a thread in General Chatter some time ago.

That sounds great guys. Thanks!

I'll keep in touch through this thread so I'll check with you around August 14 or 15 th if you guys are still available. I guess it will be very warm so I'll try to get a Winter is Coming tee at HBO store so I'll be easily spotted... Heheheh actually that is so dorky but I really woild like to get a Starks tee!

I think I'll be around and available to hang out on a weeknight or weekend. I'm pretty flexible, so let me know what you all ultimately decide.

August 15th sems good, maybe a drink after work then, I'm guessing midtown and HBO store aren't far? I don't know NY places so I'll do my homework and look up for a place in town that would be nice after work? No need for something fancy, just somewhere we can sit and chat. Maybe you guys from NYC could suggest what kind of place would be good. Somewhere one could get, say, a glass of wine and a bite?

As for evening plans I'm okay with that too.

Just saw your response, Trident...I always forget to check here! lol Trident, lets plan on after work (6ish?) on the 15th and it'd be great if Naz & TC (and any others that may be lurking) could join us too! BWB has met here at The Gingerman on a number of occasions, so that might be the easiest place to meet since everyone (except you maybe! lol) knows it. If you want something more exciting than pub food, we can go somewhere else.

yes... midtown & the HBO store are the same area. :) Midtown tends to be a little more pricy but its central. I'm pretty flexible on location. I'll msg you my info~

The Ginger Man sounds good to me. So does 6pm on the 15th. We can all celebrate Indian Independence Day together. Everybody must wear saffron, white or green and prepare to discuss one important thing they like about India. (Note: You cannot all pick me, even though I'm surely everyone's first choice.) Bonus points if you discuss something you like about Pakistan.

PS: You may be allowed to replace saffron with orange, for this one event only, since you lot don't know any better.

Sounds good to me.

Is any shade of green ok? I don't own anything Saffron or Orange.

Depends on which religion you do or don't mind representing. If you wear green, you'd be representing Team Islam (or prosperity, if you don't want to be sectarian). I happen to own all three colors, so I might just change my shirt a couple of times during the evening so as not to appear biased.

awesome! I have a fair amount of orange (is Harley Davidson orange anywhere close to saffron?) and tons of green. I can do that.

Maybe we should go out to Indian food after a drink...

HD orange is very close to saffron, as it turns out. Your color is hereby approved. You will be representing Team Hinduism (or courage/sacrifice among the PC set). Post-drinks Indian food sounds fine to me, assuming the rest of New York is not similarly celebrating (and why the hell wouldn't they be?), in which case we just go to the Village and have kati rolls (served by Bangladeshis, no less... ironic).

Btw, another disallowed discussion topic is how much you enjoy naan. This prohibition applies regardless of the degree of your paleness.

The Gingerman sounds great! I'll check if I have anything in saffron probably not! But I do have white amd green.

I don't know what time "after work" is in NYC here in Brazil it's around 18:00 to 19:00. So could we meet at 18:00? Or is that too early???

And Arch-Maester Phillip, Staten Island ferry is something I'd love to do. When u said during the week did u mean Monday to Friday? Or you'll be there on the weekend too?

The Gingerman sounds great! I'll check if I have anything in saffron probably not! But I do have white amd green.

I don't know what time "after work" is in NYC here in Brazil it's around 18:00 to 19:00. So could we meet at 18:00? Or is that too early???

And Arch-Maester Phillip, Staten Island ferry is something I'd love to do. When u said during the week did u mean Monday to Friday? Or you'll be there on the weekend too?

I work Monday through Friday from 8am until 4pm but I can make a special trip into Manhattan on a Saturday.

I am still not sure if I'll be in town that weekend. But if I am, then I will definitely stop by

The 15th is a Thursday, so surely you can come to the Ginger Man, yes?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because it's, uh... a week away. Everyone still coming? Any lurkers who missed this thread the first time around now want to join us? I remember Maester Sixtus saying at our last meetup that he would try to make it.

(In case you forgot, it's Thursday, Aug 15, 6pm, at The Ginger Man in midtown.)

Archived