NYC in august

Hi I'll be at the Ginger Man at 6 pm tomorrow. I will be wearing a saffron tshirt/blouse. At least I think it is saffron...

How do I recognize you guys when we arrive at the Ginger Man? Should I get a table under the name Clegane perhaps?? Hahaha I mean how are we going to recognize each other?

Looking forward to it.

I may be able to make it. Is it a 6pm start?

Yes, indeed. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi I'll be at the Ginger Man at 6 pm tomorrow. I will be wearing a saffron tshirt/blouse. At least I think it is saffron...

How do I recognize you guys when we arrive at the Ginger Man? Should I get a table under the name Clegane perhaps?? Hahaha I mean how are we going to recognize each other?

Looking forward to it.

I'm a bald, swarthy fellow with a handlebar mustache and not-insignificant midsection. Jade looks like the picture in her avatar; just look for a pretty woman with the longest hair in the room and a dashing biker dude at her side. Turinqui-Calima and Etulftune are both pretty and elegant young ladies, one blonde, the other brunette, both with long hair, but not as long as Jade's. Some of us may or may not be wearing GoT or ASoIaF t-shirts. Some of us may or may not be wearing saffron, white, or green. ;)

Most likely, when I get there, I'll post here in this thread saying where we are and what I'm wearing. If all else fails, you can PM me your phone number and we can keep in touch that way. In general, we've become good at spotting people who might be BwB first-timers. They're usually alone, look somewhat bookish, and are scoping out everyone who walks through the door, thinking, "Is that someone? Is that someone?" :)

Bumpity bump bump. Last reminder for anyone in the area to join us for drinks and maybe dinner tonight in Manhattan. If you've never been to a BwB hangout, fear not; we're mostly pretty cool. You'll have to endure my company, of course, but the presence of the other fine BwB regulars will more than make up for it. If you have been to a BwB hangout, then why the heck are you are not coming? C'mon, New Yorkers... be sociable. The weather is superb and there's no longer any danger of being stop-and-frisked. Can't get here? Rent a citibike! Afraid that we'll look like a bunch of nerds talking about fantasy books? Don't sweat it! At most meetups, there's usually only a 10% chance that we'll actually talk about the books/show. Plus, fantasy is cool now. No need to hide your love for dragons and magic.

Time: 6pm

Place: The Ginger Man, midtown Manhattan, on 36th St between 5th and Madison.

Plans: Drinks and maybe Indian food later

Attending: Trident, TC, Jade+1, naz, Etulftune, AManHasADisplayNameThatIsDifficultToShorten, and maybe ants.

Whoever gets there first, please try to secure us a table and let us know where you are, either in this thread or via cellphone. Looking forward to seeing you all tonight.

Once again, nice meeting all of you tonight, some old, some new.

PS: Trident and ants - I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Let us know if you need any more help.

Hi everyone

I had a lovely tike yesterday. I enjoyed so much meeting you all.Thanks Naz for organizing it at The Ginger Man - it's a very nice place!

Best wishes for everyone of you, hope we meet again. If any of you guys come to Brazil let me know!!

:-D

Credit goes to Jade and others. I just showed up. But thanks anyway. :)

It was fun! thanks for coming folks, and Etulffune, I'm sorry I missed you. Trident, I may take you up on the Brazil offer sometime! :) I hope you and Ants both have safe travels on Monday~

:cheers:

I'd be delighted to help with your brazilian adventures! Do PM me if you're going there!!

Thanks again everyone for getting all of us together.

Hi Ants hope you're having fun in NYC just as I am. Hope all you other folks are having a nice weekend!

Archived