Direwolf -Stark Connection Theory

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this has already been made a point . Jon touched this point within the first season when he claimed the Stark children were destined to have these wolves since they were five children and five wolves then Ghost is found making it six . The house sigil for Stark is also a Direwolf . My theory is that maybe the wolves represent the stark . Example - The wolves seem to share their owners personalities. They also mimic what happens to the Starks .Nymeria was lose at the incident on the kings road . Shortly after that Arya goes missing from kings landing after Ned Starks arrest. Greywind dies - Robb Dies . Lady is in chains and killed. Sansa is held hostage and figuratively kills Sansa and becomes Alanye . I wonder if the writers and Martin notices these points or i'm just obsessive , Thoughts ?

The wolves match their owners personalities because their owners are wargs, who therefore strongly influence the behaviour of their pets. It is symbolism to a huge degree, but there is a clear in-story explination for it.

Lady dying presumembly stunted Sansa' warg abilities, and Arya being seperated from Nymeria only proved how strong their bond is (Arya being able to see as Nymeria from across the ocean).

yeh pretty much fact that theyre 1 with the stark kids but i think lady being killed is representing sansa as the lone wolf and nymeria being driven off is arya as the wandering wolf im also certain that the names of the wolves have something to do with kids aswell.

The wolves match their owners personalities because their owners are wargs, who therefore strongly influence the behaviour of their pets. It is symbolism to a huge degree, but there is a clear in-story explination for it.

Lady dying presumembly stunted Sansa' warg abilities, and Arya being seperated from Nymeria only proved how strong their bond is (Arya being able to see as Nymeria from across the ocean).

I've never thought of Sansa as a warg . I've only just finished Storm Of Swords but i'm up to date with the T.V. series . I've just thought that Bran was a warg then Arya becomes one later in the book.

I've never thought of Sansa as a warg . I've only just finished Storm Of Swords but i'm up to date with the T.V. series . I've just thought that Bran was a warg then Arya becomes one later in the book.

Martin has confirmed all the Stark kids have warging abilities, they're just not all as powerful as Bran (due to his injury and experience with the three-eyed crow). Jon sees through Ghost's eyes during CoK while scouting near the wildling base, Rickon and Shaggydog are nearly identical in personality, and it's implied Robb has been having similar connections (which we can't see since he's never a POV).

im also certain that the names of the wolves have something to do with kids aswell.

In the sense that all of the names are exactly what that kind of kid would pick, yes. Only Ghost's name seems pre-determined, given his white fur and silent movements.

In the sense that all of the names are exactly what that kind of kid would pick, yes. Only Ghost's name seems pre-determined, given his white fur and silent movements.

A bit weird since Jon seems the quite one and always in the background just like ghost. Even when the found him he was away from litter and the mother just like Jon is at odds was with Catelyn .

I somewhat disagree. Yeah, the white fur may have influenced Jon's choice of name, but I get the feeling that Jon named his direwolf Ghost cuz being the bastard son, he's sort of the ghost of the family.

Archived