The First Law - The comic

Inquisitor Glokta

Hi,

I started reading the First Law series about a week ago, am half way through the 2nd book (so no spoilers please!) and as you can tell by my name, I'm loving it. :)

The First Law

I found the comic version yesterday and there are currently ~50 pages available. It's available for free, with a new page being released each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They seem to be working closely together with Joe Abercrombie and some parts, like a map seen in a later issue, are close to being canon to the books.

I tried a search, but it didn't come up with any comic specific topics.

I like most of the illustrations for the characters, but have some complaints. The biggest being my favorite, Inquisitor Glokta, whom I would have never pictured as still being so handsome. ;)

Logen could also have a few more scars.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading them so far and how often do we get something enjoyable to spend our time for free in our current world? :)

edit: added link

It is interesting, but the format loses out a bit with the slow developments. But of course it is free so I can't complain about that.

There was some discussion at the end of this thread:

And a little bit in one of the (now closed) general comic threads.

only read the first 12 pages but the art was dynamic and pretty strong (if you can stand the portrayals of the cast). I'm pretty impressed that they are letting people read it for free to be honest. I guess they hope to get their money back via graphic novels or people paying for a full issue digitally.

Yeah, Joe said something about that the other day in this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/92264-a-map-of-abercrombies-world

I wouldn't say the comic is necessarily exactly what I've got in my head, incidentally. It's one possible interpretation, the way Andie Tong has chosen to draw it, occasionally tweaked by me. In a way I'm more interested in how an artist wants to represent it than I am in giving people some 'correct' version. There is no correct version, and a lot of things I don't necessarily have a precise mental image of. Sure, Logen and Glokta could both look much uglier, but I don't know that it's necessary they should. I do like Andie's version in many, many ways.

Archived