A Song of Meat and Sausage

tormund's beard

The Sister Soup sounds like a very nice starter. A dry white, leave the bottle.

For the entree, lobster fresh out of the ocean, boiled in seawater and served with a simple sauce made from melted butter and lemon juice with some cracked pepper.

Serve with fiddleheads, corn on the cob and a spinach salad.

Peach cobbler for desert.

I <3 me a good seafood feast. :drool:

(If you're on the west coast substitute Alaskan king crab for the lobster.)

Yes,The Bread is something I'd eat....

The semi incubated egg is actually a very common dish in several parts of East Asia,like Vietnam and Philippines.

I'd not realized that. interesting. The way it was presented as a kind of aberration (and my own unfamiliarity) made this sickening to me. Have you had it, and is it good?

wrt the Dornish stuff, I imaged capsaicin-based peppers, like the sort of new world chilis and the like. The stuffed peppers sounded especially good to me.

I have no clue how to reply to that....

Anyway,I might like the Dornish food too,depends on what GRRM means when he says spicy though.

no need, it was a bad joke on my part , i apologize

The semi incubated egg is actually a very common dish in several parts of East Asia,like Vietnam and Philippines.

I believe this is a preparation in French cuisines. I think almost any description of red meat (and I'm a red meat eater) in the series is unpalatable, always with the ripping and stabbing of "chunks of meat". Blech. Of course Wyman Manderly's pies take on a whole other connotation once you realize what's going on there but even sans that knowledge the description of fatty meat in dark gravy is less than savory for me in that scene.

I'd go for the cheeses, cured meats and wine -- Arbor gold on warmer days and Dornish red at dinner.

In North Carolina Venison is dirt cheap, especially if you buy it from a hunter. And there really is nothing like a good venison stew on a winter night to warm you from the inside out.

Gotta agree Venison soup is the best thing on a cold winter night, best accompanied by a fifth of jack.

The Sister Soup sounds like a very nice starter. A dry white, leave the bottle.

For the entree, lobster fresh out of the ocean, boiled in seawater and served with a simple sauce made from melted butter and lemon juice with some cracked pepper.

Serve with fiddleheads, corn on the cob and a spinach salad.

Peach cobbler for desert.

I <3 me a good seafood feast. :drool:

(If you're on the west coast substitute Alaskan king crab for the lobster.)

replace peach cobbler with lemon cakes and it sounds perfect

Surprised GRRM hasnt shown us a bear being served yet, had some when i shot a black bear in Alabama and dammn one of the best stews ive had in my life.

Knowing your the one who killed the animal adds to the flavor a bit for me. Especially if your tracking the thing for days, lucky enough for us we wernt, we were following a boar trail and got really unlucky or lucky whatever you wanna call it.

Surprised GRRM hasnt shown us a bear being served yet, had some when i shot a black bear in Alabama and dammn one of the best stews ive had in my life.

Knowing your the one who killed the animal adds to the flavor a bit for me. Especially if your tracking the thing for days, lucky enough for us we wernt, we were following a boar trail and got really unlucky or lucky whatever you wanna call it.

elks and rabbits for me when hunting (we do hunt wolfs,foxes and bears but we don't eat those)

mmmm...Stallion Heart....raw of course

:drool:

I eat it daily

Tried horse a couple times in my life not much of a fan. However the worst experiences were in Mexico when i didnt know until a friend of mine told me what i eat. I got sick before he told me that and got worse afterwards, gave a bad stigma too it.

elks and rabbits for me when hunting (we do hunt wolfs,foxes and bears but we don't eat those)

Im kind of a redneck in that if im gonna kill something im going to eat it. I hunt for fun dont get me wrong but i eat my kills.

We werent planning on eating the bear at first because we had no idea how to move it, we were after boar. Lucky enough my friends uncle wasnt that far off with his truck.

Damn you know how hard it is to drag a bear 2 and a half miles? That shit was a epic pain in the ass.

Im kind of a redneck in that if im gonna kill something im going to eat it. I hunt for fun dont get me wrong but i eat my kills.

We werent planning on eating the beat at first because we had no idea how to move it, we were after boar. Lucky enough my friends uncle wasnt that far off with his truck.

Damn you know how hard it is to drag a bear 2 and a half miles? That shit was a epic pain in the ass.

it's not that, i eat what i kill too but i'm a muslim and we don't eat boar or animals with fangs (animals that eat other animals basically) i hunt for recreational reasons as well, mostly wolfs when they over breed and start getting too close

and how the hell did you drag a bear ? that thing must've weighed at least 800 k\g

it's not that, i eat what i kill too but i'm a muslim and we don't eat boar or animals with fangs (animals that eat other animals basically) i hunt for recreational reasons as well, mostly wolfs when they over breed and start getting too close

and how the hell did you drag a bear ? that thing must've weighed at least 800 k\g

Took a long fucking time even with three people, we made a sortve sled like contraption to drag it. We tried dragging it without the sled for about an hour then we were about to say fuck it but as i said my friends uncles wasnt that far off but not far off in his mind means 5 miles of dragging a 1500 lb bear.

Took us 3-5 hours im estimating to get to my friends uncles truck.

Respect to ya for following through with your religion, most dont adhere to those kind of rules but kudos to you for it.

omg, the bread. Even at the Wall, reading about "bread hot from the ovens" slathered with butters trumps everything to me. The Dornish food sounds pretty good too, as does some of the capon preparation and Sister's Stew.

To be honest, the only food that really sickened me was that egg served to Cersei with the bloody chicken fetus inside. Somehow, I found this more disgusting than even the grubs Arya eats.

yumm bread!

I've actually seen people eat the fermented eggs with baby ducks or chickens inside... I couldn't eat for 3 days. It was disgusting to me.

We used to have chickens and one time I cracked an egg and there was a half formed chick inside... I couldn't eat the eggs from our chickens for weeks!

I know it's a delicacy some places, but so are monkey brains, and I'm not eating those either!

Took a long fucking time even with three people, we made a sortve sled like contraption to drag it. We tried dragging it without the sled for about an hour then we were about to say fuck it but as i said my friends uncles wasnt that far off but not far off in his mind means 5 miles of dragging a 1500 lb bear.

Took us 3-5 hours im estimating to get to my friends uncles truck.

Respect to ya for following through with your religion, most dont adhere to those kind of rules but kudos to you for it.

thanks,man

when we took that bear down we just buried it (we were deep in the forest and camping so no where to take it to)

but i got myself a couple of fur cloaks off those wolves,so it was nice

and it kinda became a regular thing to go hunting once or twice every year

Eel (lampreys are eels) is delicious. Unagi, anago, oishii!

i can eat locusts, i can eat camels, i can eat horses, i even ate a baby seal once,but that thing right there,it just ruins my appetite , i just hate slimy things

To be honest, the only food that really sickened me was that egg served to Cersei with the bloody chicken fetus inside. Somehow, I found this more disgusting than even the grubs Arya eats.

In the Philipines that's called balut. Never eaten it myself but former co-workers say it's good.

thanks,man

when we took that bear down we just buried it (we were deep in the forest and camping so no where to take it to)

but i got myself a couple of fur cloaks off those wolves,so it was nice

and it kinda became a regular thing to go hunting once or twice every year

We had a couple choices in that situation.

1) Leave the bear, which we almost did

2) Cut off the best section, couldnt do that because we didnt know anything about bear meat and we didnt have enough room in our coolers because of the boar we got earlier. Yea forgot we had to drag cut up boar meat as well, technically we sent him ahead to store that but whatever.

3) Best option drag the boar to the truck but oh my god did that take a long time, especially before we made the sled, made of 2 strong sticks a couple jackets stretched over it to hold up the bear. Pulled this cord like lining out of my coat to use as rope.

Damn i really feel like a redneck now, ehh whatever been years since ive been back to the South.

Archived