A Song of Meat and Sausage

tormund's beard

Hot Pie has a pie shop!

Does his business but I notice something weird.

Lately all the neighboring Frey's have disappeared!

Have to hand it to him --

Wot I calls, "enterprise"!

Poppin' Walders into pies!

Wouldn't do in my shop!

Just the thought of it's enough to make you sick!

And I'm tellin' you, them Frey's is pretty quick...!

And of course they can't compare as far as taste!

Surprised GRRM hasnt shown us a bear being served yet, had some when i shot a black bear in Alabama and dammn one of the best stews ive had in my life.

Knowing your the one who killed the animal adds to the flavor a bit for me. Especially if your tracking the thing for days, lucky enough for us we wernt, we were following a boar trail and got really unlucky or lucky whatever you wanna call it.

Chett and his dogs were hunting bear on the fist before the white walkers attacked in the aSoS prologue. They never caught it though...

Bison steak is awesome. In hamburgers with a good sauce, salad, tomatoes and onions? Hmmm.

Other than that, I'm basically a fan of italian cuisine. Good pastas, homemade by my grandma? Yum. Well-baked pizzas with plenty of vegetables and some ham? Yes. Osso Buccos with red whine? My mouth is wetting already.

On a book related note, is it weird that I wondered what the Frey Pies tasted?

Bison steak is awesome. In hamburgers with a good sauce, salad, tomatoes and onions? Hmmm.

Other than that, I'm basically a fan of italian cuisine. Good pastas, homemade by my grandma? Yum. Well-baked pizzas with plenty of vegetables and some ham? Yes. Osso Buccos with red whine? My mouth is wetting already.

On a book related note, is it weird that I wondered what the Frey Pies tasted?

Well, they call people meat "long pig" and the Freys are pretty piggy anyway so I'd say pork pies.

A nice beer/mustard gravy with onions, peas, potatoes and just a bit of horseradish?

Or classic pulled pork, slowly bbq'd?

I won't call you weird because obviously I've already decided what they taste like.

Chett and his dogs were hunting bear on the fist before the white walkers attacked in the aSoS prologue. They never caught it though...

Too bad woulda been interesting to see how they prepared, simple stew with a little bit of spice and its delicious.

Archived