LGBTQ The Next

Stubby

I've long thought that an external them would be the only chance at semi-uniting humanity. I don't think they actually need to attack, just existing will go a long way.

There will always be lots of petty infighting though, I just hope the global Democrats and Republicans come up with snappier names.

*cough*

Watchmen

*cough*

On a topic that came up briefly in the last thread that I didn't have much information on - there is a push to try and end the practice of appearance related normalisation surgery on intersexed infants and children. This suggests that surgery is at the very least not uncommon and potentially the norm despite there being a lack of evidence of satisfactory outcomes for both physical and psychological results.

Both the Australasian Paediatric Endocrine Group (APEG) and the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne (RCH) have acknowledged that there is a lack of evidence in regards to good surgical outcomes for the surgery and that the few studies that have been conducted have conflicting results in terms of the cosmetic, sexual, or psychological effects of the surgery. In particular the Australasian Paediatric Endocrine Group raised concerns regarding sexual function and sensation.

I've known about the rise in number of intersexed children born in the last few decades (or at least that's what my studies had said anyway). I knew about a decade ago there was more of a political push to allow intersexed children to choose gender for themselves once they got older. I wondered at the time what type of psychological affects that would have on children, and if any studies have since been done on those that did wait and consciously choose.

Apparently there hasn't been any follow up studies done on the ones with surgery in Aus, so I'm guessing there hasn't on any that didn't have it either.

I saw in something I read yesterday or the day before an offhand reference to the likelihood of greater amounts of atmospheric dumping of endorcrine disruptors from corporations being linked to the rise in rates of transgenderism in recent years. Unfortunately it lacked sources or any further information, but it's something I've intended to read further on as it was a new idea to me, I had thought that the only cause of the rising rates was simply growing awareness and acceptance allowing more people to accept it and transition, rather than the rates actually increasing. I suspect that if this is the case, a rise in the incidence of physically intersexed children could also stem from that as it's very similar (really transgenderism is looking more and more like simply being neurologically intersexed).

Ironically, studies have also shown that individuals who identify with extreme gender stereotypes (ie. really girly girls, or hyper macho men) generally test as unhappier than those who are a little more neutral.

Then again, I'm a pretty big fan of Jung and believe strongly in reconciling the anima and the animus within each individual. Finding that model several decades ago had given me (and still continues to give me) great solace within myself and my experiences. I think it comes from me being a heterosexual woman who played contact sports, speaks her mind, and wears comfortable footwear! :D

Ironically, studies have also shown that individuals who identify with extreme gender stereotypes (ie. really girly girls, or hyper macho men) generally test as unhappier than those who are a little more neutral.

Then again, I'm a pretty big fan of Jung and believe strongly in reconciling the anima and the animus within each individual. Finding that model several decades ago had given me (and still continues to give me) great solace within myself and my experiences. I think it comes from me being a heterosexual woman who played contact sports, speaks her mind, and wears comfortable footwear! :D

Interesting, any links? I get tired of people being morons because, despite being a heterosexual guy, I enjoy baking and sometimes toss on a Disney movie for no reason other than I like some of them (though Hunchback of Notre Dame can kiss my furry butt). Last year, I had a date with a girl from Wisconsin who, upon my mention that I liked The Emperor's New Groove, said "Hahah, you're lucky I don't think you're gay." Willing to play along, I asked what she meant, to which she said that where she's from real men don't like animated movies. That date ended much faster than she had anticipated.

So, anyway, it would be fun to have cite-able data to toss at the ingrates.

LL if I wasn't taken and you weren't a panda the combination of watching animated movies with someone who would bake for me would be a major selling point :P

*Cough* Hi there. Remember my awfully moving Facebook update from this morning? Should I be deleting that?

Do you make a good cheesecake? :P

Hmm...so is this because of people who are acting these ways because they are repressing opposite-coded tendencies, or are people who are naturally inclined that way also less happy? Is there a way to tell the difference?

Interesting, any links? I get tired of people being morons because, despite being a heterosexual guy, I enjoy baking and sometimes toss on a Disney movie for no reason other than I like some of them (though Hunchback of Notre Dame can kiss my furry butt). Last year, I had a date with a girl from Wisconsin who, upon my mention that I liked The Emperor's New Groove, said "Hahah, you're lucky I don't think you're gay." Willing to play along, I asked what she meant, to which she said that where she's from real men don't like animated movies. That date ended much faster than she had anticipated.

So, anyway, it would be fun to have cite-able data to toss at the ingrates.

Hmm...so is this because of people who are acting these ways because they are repressing opposite-coded tendencies, or are people who are naturally inclined that way also less happy? Is there a way to tell the difference?

Oh dear, are you two going to make me actually go find those studies of, like over 15 years ago, and see if and how they're still relevant? I may need a day or 2, but I'll do my best.

*Cough* Hi there. Remember my awfully moving Facebook update from this morning? Should I be deleting that?

Do you make a good cheesecake? :P

I can buy good cheesecake and make awesome ice cream to go with it!

I knew there was a reason I love you

Oh, good. I don't like it when mummy and mummy fight.

N

Archived