I'm convinced that Arya is coming back to Westeros to kill Tommen

houseHB

I feel that at the end of A Dance with Dragons that in the epilogue chapter there is a foreshadow of Arya coming to back to westeros to kill the boy King Tommen. In the epilogue chapter we find out that the black cat that has been stalking Kings Landing forever is now stalking Tommen and his kittens this is the same cat that Arya was chasing back in A Game of Thrones. So I think showing this cat in the epilogue was foreshadowing of Arya coming to kill Tommen. Not sure how Arya well get back to Westeros though.

I don't agree with this theory. If it was foreshadowing, then it's foreshadowing years and years into the future. This can only be the case because at the end of adwd we know that arya is about to embark on her first apprenticeship. These words are important....first (because that implies there are several or many) and apprenticeship (because apprenticeships often take years to complete, if he hadn't meant to imply that he would have used 'the next part of your training or some analogue of that').

So I whilst I guess it could be possible in theory, it would have to be an adult arya coming back to kill an adult tommen. You don't become a faceless man overnight :P.

I personally believe that the black cat is being used as a traditional symbol of bad luck to come, but not connected with arya at all.

Edit: spellies

Arya will eventually be sent to kill someone important. That's the point with her story, and her role will probably be to cause havoc due to her killing said person. But as earlier stated in this thread, it will be someone Arya does not know, because the FM are never sent to kill people they knew in their previous life.

Beyond just the issue of being sent to kill someone she already knows, who would have hired the FM to kill Tommen? The Iron Bank is using Stannis in their scheme to get their loans back, and would be more inclined to kill Cersei anyway. Euron may want the kid dead to create more chaos, but he spent his one dragon egg on Balon. And Littlefinger ic clearly letting the chaos play out on its own.

Realistically, one of the Sand Snakes, Randyl Tarly, or UnGregor are the most likely canidates to kill Tommen.

That cat has been around since book one, and was likely Rhaella's.

I think she is sent to kill Walder Frey, she doesn't know him, and the Maderlay's are rich enough to hire a faceless man.

Either that or they finally ask her to do something she is unwilling to do and backs out, returning to Westeros of her own volition.

I like Tommen. I'll be sad when he dies. But he will, and it probably won't be pretty. Whoever is next to sit the IT (smart money goes with Aegon since, you know, he has a plan and is carrying it out and not knotted up on another continent) will have to eliminate the current regime. If Aegon can convince the Tarly's to turncloak without making a lot of noise about it I can see Randyll Tarly getting close enough to do the job on Tommen. With as many kings that have been killed lately (Aery's, Robert, Renly, Robb, Joffrey, Balon) you'd be an idiot to hire a Faceless Man to do it.

I would think the black cat is foreshadowing his death, but not necessarily by Arya. It seems more like either a simple "Death/The Stranger is getting closer and closer to our sweet King Tommen", someone close to him is getting brave enough to pull the trigger, so to speak, or someone (a Sand Snake perhaps) will be coming for him.

It could also be simply a way to show no one is afraid of Tommen, or no one takes him seriously. If the tom is Balerion, he could also be showing that Tommen has no place there. Or the cat is just a dick like most cats are. There are a few things it could be foreshadowing that have little to do with Arya.

I think it does foreshadow something bad happening to Tommen. It's like some shadow slowly creeping up on him while those loyal to him are slowly getting picked off.

Plus I think it's way better than the idea that some Targaryan warged into the cat lol

Arya wouldn't go to kill Tommen on her own and the FM won't send her.

I do wonder sometimes exactly how much they know about Arya. She's not exactly subtle.

1) Her list, she said it a few times before they called her on it, do they know the names?

2) Do they know the circumstances of her time in KL prior to Ned getting topped?

3) How far did the tales of the Stark children with their direwolves spread? Did the FM hear about them?

4) Arya growled and thrashed around in her sleep as Cat, which almost certainly means she has also done that at the Temple, if the answer to 3 is yes, well, then they may have pieced together that she is a warg anyway. The FM are a very old order, they have almost certainly heard of wargs, maybe not, and maybe they don't quite know about Arya and Nymeria.

They certainly know about Arya's list, and likely know she thrashes around and growls in her sleep. I am quite convinced they won't send her to Westeros, but that she will go there on her own for some reason, maybe when she hears that Rickon is still alive.

Precisely, faceless men can't kill those they know and Arya met Tommen in Winterfell.

Therefore she can't kill him.

She most certainly can kill him. She just cannot be assigned to do so. If she goes rogue while on a mission, or leaves the faceless men with some of their skills still in store, there's nothing preventing her from seeking him out and murdering him in cold blood. Although extremely unlikely IMO that she's the one to do it, it most certainly is possible.

Arya will eventually be sent to kill someone important. That's the point with her story, and her role will probably be to cause havoc due to her killing said person. But as earlier stated in this thread, it will be someone Arya does not know, because the FM are never sent to kill people they knew in their previous life.

Who says Arya needs to be "sent" to kill someone? Once she has the necessary knowledge and skills she can do whatever the hell she wants as far as I'm concerned. UNLESS the FM have a law abiding creed that dictates them to chase down any fugitive FM that has betrayed their cause etc. which I don't think they have.

Once Arya feels ready she will start narrowing down her hit list.

Archived