Game of Thrones Garners Emmy Nominations

Westeros

As is starting to become a habit, the third season of Game of Thrones has been nominated in the “Outstanding Drama Series” category for this year’s Emmy’s. But it’s not the only award it’s been nominated for, with a total of seventeen nominations (one of them in a special class). Here’s the complete list this season:

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Emilia Clarke? Really? Little disappointed Nikolaj Coster-Waldau didn't get a nod. Dinklage didn't really do anything all that interesting this year so not sure why he and Emilia garnered nods ahead of Nikolaj or Charles Dance both of whom seemed to have better performances this year. It really is just a popularity contest isn't it?

Peter was nominated twice and won once, so his nomination was quite predictable (he's a Emmy favourite). I believe Charles Dance wasn't submitted, so we couldn't be nominated... On the girls, I was hoping for a nomination for Michelle, better acting than Emilia (her acting improved a lot but isn't emmy nod worthy imo)... Pity that NCW didn't make it but supporting actor is a hard category to get a nod in the Emmys

I'm really pleased for Emilia Clarke. I doubt she'll win (she has huge competition), but she definitely deserved a nomination for her performance in And Now His Watch is Ended. Whether or not you think she is a great actress, her acting in that scene was fantastic and she made Dany's actions believable.

Michelle deserved an emmy for her performance, but she just didn't have enough strong material. It's a shame, but not at all surprising considering D&D sidelined her for Robb and Talisa.

I'm severely disappointed that NCW and Michelle Fairley did not get nominated. Dinklage, while not bad, did nothing remotely amazing this season. He didn't deserve a nomination above at the very least NCW, who was great in Kissed by Fire. But then again, I guess he's the only one they must actually look at. Its quite irritating, because Dinklage really did not deserve the nomination this year, not over NCW.

I'm less angry over Emilia Clarke. At least Daenerys did things this season, and she was actually pretty good, whereas Tyrion's story was pretty pointless (obviously his role will get bigger again in S4)

Yeah I'm not arguing that Peter and Emilia didn't do a good job but if I had to hand pick two or three out of the cast to reward for this season they wouldn't be on that list. I think the order would be Nikolaj, Charles and Michelle. Surprised that Charles Dance wasn't even submitted as a consideration, do they have to submit themselves?

Again no Ramin Djawadi for music for a series!

He has been nominated twice for prime time Emmy , for different shows.

No wins.

He has won one ASCAP Award for GOT.

It's odd, I know a lot of unsullied viewers , older viewers, who watch the show, and ask where the heck did that music come from? They had never heard of Djawadi but were very impressed.

Can't figure it out third year in a row.

I try not to care about these awards, especially considering their longstanding prejudice against sci-fi/fantasy, but I'm happy for Emilia and it's particularly satisfying in light of all the internet invective that's been directed at her acting. I'm no expert, but I've loved her performance from the beginning and thought she was exceptional last season.

I am still very happy with the 16 total nominations for this series! Emilia still had a pretty strong performance this year, my non-reader friends really thought she was a badass after her episode with the slave traders! It would have been nice to see Michelle get some recongnition for her role in the red wedding, (outstanding performance in my opinion.) One thing though that I agree with is that Peter Dinklage's Tyrion didn't have too much of a role this season to get this nomination. He did have some memorable scenes with his sister and father in the council meetings. Jaimie on the other hand, (no pun intended) his whole scene in the Bath with Brienne, was one of my favorites this season for him, non-readers really got to see a different side to him. Overall though, I would say that I am happy with the nominations. I wish them the best of luck, they are all going against some stiff competition!

:bang:

Really?? That basically means Michelle and NCW will never get a chance, one that they so deserve.

I'm not an Emilia hater(though there are many) but such (supposedly) prestigious awards so blatantly ignoring an actress like Michelle Fairley, for an episode like Rains of Castamere (which was nominated for best writing, so it's not like it went unnoticed) over an actress like Emilia, who doesn't have that large a range of emotions (the only scene in which she stood out is the Dracarys one) is just unfair and stupid.

And you know what that means... more Dany scenes, more Dany whitewashing by her loyal fan-boys.

I'm not an Emilia hater,(though there are many) but for such (supposedly) prestigious awards to so blatantly ignore an actress like Michelle Fairley, for an episode like Rains of Castamere (which were nominated for best writing, so it's not like the episode went unnoticed) over an actress like Emilia, who doesn't have that large a range of emotions (the only scene in which she stood out is the Dracarys one) is just unfair.

If you want to blame anyone for Fairley not getting nominated, blame the writers. One scene is not enough to get a best supporting actress nomination, and that's all Fairley had this year. Catelyn was a complete afterthought in nine of the ten episodes of season 3. For a newby to get a nomination, they need consistent strong buzz; Clarke had that, since Dany was consistently featured all season. Nobody was talking about Catelyn until "The Rains of Castamere", and then she was dead in the episode after.

:bang:

Really?? That basically means Michelle and NCW will never get a chance, one that they so deserve.

I'm not an Emilia hater(though there are many) but such (supposedly) prestigious awards so blatantly ignoring an actress like Michelle Fairley, for an episode like Rains of Castamere (which was nominated for best writing, so it's not like it went unnoticed) over an actress like Emilia, who doesn't have that large a range of emotions (the only scene in which she stood out is the Dracarys one) is just unfair and stupid.

And you know what that means... more Dany scenes, more Dany whitewashing by her loyal fan-boys.

Michelle Fairley barely had any screentime this season, and when she did have screentime she lacked any dialogue. It should not be surprising that she was snubbed, and D&D are a huge reason why.

But I have to take issue with your last comment... This season, Dany brutally ordered the Unsullied to murder the ruling class of Astapor - including unarmed men and women. How is that "whitewashing"?!

But I have to take issue with your last comment... This season, Dany brutally ordered the Unsullied to murder the ruling class of Astapor - including unarmed men and women. How is that "whitewashing"?!

Did anyone catch that, what with the whole Messiah-crowd-surfing scene??

Archived