Game of Thrones Garners Emmy Nominations

Westeros

Agreed. Season one and two had great soundtracks and season three's music was awesome. The OST for season 4 is, IMO, kind of meh... and NOW he get's nominated? :shocked: *confused Seneti is confused* :dunno:

Meh? The score for "The Watchers on the Wall" alone deserves a nod.

I really think its amazing how many actors we think could have been nominated from got. there were so many more people that were worthy of nominations, but you know, they can't really just give anyone a nom. seriously, I think charles dance, NCL, pedro pascal, sophie turner, maisie williams, ian glen, and especially alfie allen all could have gotten nominated in a different year. they are all fantastic. it really says something about the show, no matter what you think about it, that there is this high quality acting. they do a fantastic job of casting

#ALFIE2015!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Charles Dance's performance is Emmy material you guys. It's definitely of that standard in terms of quality (he seriously plays the perfect Tywin). But it's not the type of performance the Emmys go for.

Honestly, I'd love to see Maisie Williams nominated at some point for her work with Arya. She's so underrated.. she's captivating. Her character has such an awesome arc and Maisie takes the material she's given and just elevates her arc to another level. She's amazing.

Glad for Djawadi's nom, at long last. Pleased but surprised at Headey's nom.

What are the odds on Dinklage taking the Emmy this year? It's a brutally competitive category.

Off-topic: Love Joe Mantello getting some love for The Normal Heart. LOL at the OITNB ladies getting shoved into the guest actress category. Whatever works, I guess.

I am still totally bewildered that Djawadi was NOT nominated for any of the first three seasons , passes beyond my understanding.

^ Yup, I've never heard better music on TV than his.

I like Jeff Beal's work also on HBO and TV, he has been nominated for 8 prime-time Emmys and won twice.

Why he was not an EMMY winner for his score for HBOs ROME passes beyond my understanding.

There was a problem with the board database and the posts made during a period of several hours yesterday were lost.

Yeah, and I was wondering why my post about the DVD submissions for Emmy Best Drama Series disappeared. I said I found it really weird that they included the worst episode of the season (Breaker of Chains) and didn't include Mockingbird and The Mountain and the Viper. It would make a lot more sense to submit 1-2, 7-8, 9-10 (if they have to have back to back episodes on each DVD) or 2-6, 7-8,9-10.

As with any episode of GOT, it has component parts that are strong, and some that are weaker. The sept scene misfire tends to overshadow everything else in people's minds, of course, being probably the most misguided storytelling moment of the season.

As with any episode of GOT, it has component parts that are strong, and some that are weaker. The sept scene misfire tends to overshadow everything else in people's minds, of course, being probably the most misguided storytelling moment of the season.

Sept scene misfire?

Edit: Jaime/Cersei scene?

Archived