Is there such a thing as a ASoIaF-fest?

I am a fan of The Big Lebowski and they have an annual get together called Lebowski Fest. People dress up as characters or lines from the movie, shout quotes at each other, and just have fun with fellow fans. Is there something like that for fans of ASoIaF?

There are multiple venues for this: WorldCon every year (San Antonio this year; London next year). There's TitanCon in Northern Ireland, although I'm not sure which weekend that's happening. There was a meet-up in Ohio earlier this year and one in England; those looked to be for TV fans, rather than book fans.

The BWB, frankly, was set up as a way for fans to get together and talk, and to meet GRRM. And that's why I go to conventions: see my friends again and hang out with GRRM and Parris. Most of the currently active BWB don't cosplay, though. Too much effort that cuts into the time when we could be drinking.

I would venture to say that it would be awesome to attend a ASoIaF convention where the median I.Q. would probably be about 20 points higher than the national average.

Some entrepreneur somewhere will figure out that several such Cons strategically placed throughout the country per year would be a winner. Vegas needs something in the Fall :)

Archived