The idiot named Syrio Forel

GGK1986

Well, I couldn't agree less. I find it beyond the meaning of stupid that you would die for your honor. No man lives a full life without being not honorable once or twice. Any man pretending he did or does, is full of shit.

That statement was added to my post more just for dramatic effect the quote before has more meaning into what i was trying to say. Obviously one cannot be honorable all their life.

If one doesnt have "something" in their life worth dying for then IMO there is no point to said life but thats just me. If Syrio is dead then IMO he died saving an innocent life which is one of the most noble deaths one can have.

So please dont stain his memory by calling him stupid.

If Syrio is dead then IMO he died saving an innocent life which is one of the most noble deaths one can have.

So please dont stain his memory by calling him stupid.

Have to disagree again. Syrio died a noble death, agreed, but before one dies, one can make a poor decision, in my opinion.

Let's turn it around: if I say Hitler did some good things too; is that staining his memory as well?

In a nutshell, we have too many characters as it is, some of them have to go at one time or another.

Ofcourse. I totally get that. But that does not diminish the possibility that he might have been able to pick up a sword and protect Arya more thoroughly and further down the line.

Have to disagree again. Syrio died a noble death, agreed, but before one dies, one can make a poor decision, in my opinion.

Let's turn it around: if I say Hitler did some good things too; is that staining his memory as well?

Obviously one can make a poor decision before death but you cant prove it was a poor decision because you dont know how the situation would have played out if Syrio picked up a sword. We dont even know if Syrio could use a greatsword, hes a bravo after all not a knight.

Oh yeah just to add calling someone an idiot when we know nothing of the inteligence of the character is ludacris at best.

Hitler did do good things so i guess that would help his memory not stain whatever is left.

Obviously one can make a poor decision before death but you cant prove it was a poor decision because you dont know how the situation would have played out if Syrio picked up a sword. We dont even know if Syrio could use a greatsword, hes a bravo after all not a knight.

Oh yeah just to add calling someone an idiot when we know nothing of the inteligence of the character is ludacris at best.

Hitler did do good things so i guess that would help his memory not stain whatever is left.

Well, opening a topic to discuss about it, is completely different than wanting to prove it, right? We can't prove shit, because we don't know anything. We will have to wait another 22 years to know everything. I think GRRM will end up communicating like Stephen Hawking to finish his last few chapters through a ghostwriter.

Well, opening a topic to discuss about it, is completely different than wanting to prove it, right? We can't prove shit, because we don't know anything. We will have to wait another 22 years to know everything. I think GRRM will end up communicating like Stephen Hawking to finish his last few chapters through a ghostwriter.

I know that was your intention in your thread to discuss a topic but in your earlier posts your were acting like Syrio made a poor decision was a fact which is just plain wrong. Thats the only problem i had.

Sorry if i came off offensive in anyway. Im pretty sure GRRM will finish the series and tbh if he didnt finish it i wouldnt read the ghostwriters story because it just wouldnt be the same.

I know that was your intention in your thread to discuss a topic but in your earlier posts your were acting like Syrio made a poor decision was a fact which is just plain wrong. Thats the only problem i had.

Sorry if i came off offensive in anyway. Im pretty sure GRRM will finish the series and tbh if he didnt finish it i wouldnt read the ghostwriters story because it just wouldnt be the same.

Simply my opinion, bud. I rarely state my opinion as a fact. No worries, though.

Bytheway; I meant GRRM communicating like Stephen Hawking and using a ghostwriter, GRRM still telling the story, but someone else writing it down for him. Fuck his pace ;)

If it bugs you too much just go read the SSMs GRRM discusses a lot of this stuff that's never covered in the books.

I have, thank you. Nothing bugs me, really. I believe him dead, but I only wanted to discuss the fact that he did not pick up a steel sword when fighting the Kingsguard, that is it.

This is not just about you, but the amount of off-topic comments you get on this website, is mindblowing.

I'm not sure if anyone has proposed this before, but there are all these "Syrio is a FM" theories out there, and those tend to lead to "Syrio=Jaqen" but...what is Syrio is a FM and he's been Meryn Trant this whole time?

Well, how could he and Meryn be in the same room then, when they tried to capture Arya? Does not make much sense, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if anyone has proposed this before, but there are all these "Syrio is a FM" theories out there, and those tend to lead to "Syrio=Jaqen" but...what is Syrio is a FM and he's been Meryn Trant this whole time?

Its plausible but i doubt it, hes dead as Ned :crying: :crying: :crying:

Well, how could he and Meryn be in the same room then, when they tried to capture Arya? Does not make much sense, in my opinion.

i think he meant Syrio killed Meryn and took his face but i dont see where he would have had the time to do that.

What I mean is, after Arya bolts, Syrio kills Meryn and takes his identity.

Its plausible but i doubt it, hes dead as Ned :crying: :crying: :crying:

I agree, just noting that this makes more sense than other "Syrio is alive" alternatives.

i think he meant Syrio killed Meryn and took his face but i dont see where he would have had the time to do that.

I dunno, Jaqen seems able to change his face with a wave of his magic hand...if Syrio really was a FM I think he could've pulled it off.

I mean, why he'd be doing that is unclear, as he has now been hanging around in the KG for four books and never done anything but credibly be Ser Meryn but...long game! Not impossible!

Its funny how often readers with only a peripheral understanding of a situation proclaim experienced and wise characters as idiots.

Some self-reflection would not go amiss.

Well, considering the path he chose led him to getting killed, going for a sword couldn't possibly have turned out any worse.

Bytheway; I meant GRRM communicating like Stephen Hawking and using a ghostwriter, GRRM still telling the story, but someone else writing it down for him. Fuck his pace ;)

Wouldnt like that either because it would be GRRM telling the story so it would be just as slow just with a different writing style of a different writer. Would be the same framework for the story but all the intricate details martin puts in would not be the same because hes not the one writing it.

What I mean is, after Arya bolts, Syrio kills Meryn and takes his identity.

I agree, just noting that this makes more sense than other "Syrio is alive" alternatives.

I dunno, Jaqen seems able to change his face with a wave of his magic hand...if Syrio really was a FM I think he could've pulled it off.

I mean, why he'd be doing that is unclear, as he has now been hanging around in the KG for four books and never done anything but credibly be Ser Meryn but...long game! Not impossible!

Syrio would not have beaten Sansa. Or stayed around. It is impossible, in my opinion. If he would have killed Trant, then I think he would have picked up a sword? ;)

He's not so much an idiot, so much as it was convenient to the plot for him not to survive, so he did not.

Frankly, I agree that I don't find the situation very convincing, but I don't think it's in Syrio's character for him to be that incompetent.

Archived