No News from SDCC

Westeros

It doesn't mean that at all:

• S4 part 1: Taking Meereen
  • S4 part 2: Ruling Meereen
  • S5 part 1: Ruling Meereen, takes off on Drogon
  • S5 part 2: build-up and Battle of Fire
  • S6: Travelling to Westeros

They're going to have to move very fast through AFFC and ADWD to get to that battle by the end of Season 5.

I don't think they should linger too much in AFFC and ADWD material either but would probably place the Battle of Meereen early in Season 6.

They're going to have to move very fast through AFFC and ADWD to get to that battle by the end of Season 5.

I don't think they should linger too much in AFFC and ADWD material either but would probably place the Battle of Meereen early in Season 6.

No they wouldn't. What they would have to "rush" through is Dany's conquest in Meereen, having her beginning her rule in S4 E5. And tbh 4 or 5 episodes spent on taking Meereen isn't even that rushed. It fits very well.

From there we have a whole season (second half of S4 and first half of S5) to cover Dany ruling in Meereen. She takes off on Drogon mid-S5, allowing a couple of episodes to cover Dany with the Dothraki from TWOW + The drama in Meereen that occurs when she's gone. Then episode 9 will be the sample chapters from TWOW which cover the pre-battle, and then episode 10 can be the battle itself.

Ideally episode 10 of S5 would cover both the battles of ice and fire, however it seems like Ice will be a slower and more drawn out afair rather than the burst of chaos that Fire will be (and budgetary issues would become an issue), so the early episodes of S6 can cover that.

Sorry, really dumb question: Didn't they merge Yunkai/Meeren??

We don't know yet. It seems unlikely Meereen is completely cut as it was mentioned in S3 briefly and Dany did not decide to rule Yunkai in the finale. But they could be keeping their options open with that scene and I see Meereen being merged as a possibility.

That moderator was utter garbage. Does us all a favor Elvis and stay the hell away from SDCC.

Well, there is some news: Richard Madden (Robb) did a conversation with Zachary Levi very recently where he stated that the 3x09 DVD commentary will be him, Michelle Fairley, and David Nutter (and apparently Michelle Fairley hadn't watched the episode before doing the commentary, ouch). Pretty much what we figured, but there's that.

As for the SDCC panel, it was way too big. Also, if Peter Dinklage is going to do it, they should bring Lena Headey along, since he seems far more animated and engaged in these panels when she's on them as well.

Well, there is some news: Richard Madden (Robb) did a conversation with Zachary Levi very recently where he stated that the 3x09 DVD commentary will be him, Michelle Fairley, and David Nutter (and apparently Michelle Fairley hadn't watched the episode before doing the commentary, ouch). Pretty much what we figured, but there's that.

Yeah, that's what I expected. Probably NCW and Gwendoline Christie on 3x07, and if they continue with putting Sophie, Maisie and Isaac together, I expect it will be on 3x02.

Yeah, that's what I expected. Probably NCW and Gwendoline Christie on 3x07, and if they continue with putting Sophie, Maisie and Isaac together, I expect it will be on 3x02.

I had thought maybe NCW and Gwendoline Christie on 3x05, but 3x07 would work as well. They had better get one commentary, since they bounce off each other so well. (I'd really like a Charles Dance/NCW/Gwendoline Christie commentary track, since I read an interview with those three that came out not too long before Season 3 that was screamingly funny, insightful, and full of delightful chemistry between the actors.)

3x02 would be a really good fit for a Sophie/Maisie/Isaac track, since they all have a nice chunk of plot in that episode.

The Sophie/Maisie/Isaac one is the easiest to narrow down, since there's only five episodes with all three of them in it, and a couple of those have only token appearances by at least one of them. 3.02 has Maisie and Isaac's intros, and Sophie's second-biggest episode of the season.

On an individual level it would really make sense for them all to be doing different episodes, but, apart from being tradition, it makes sense to keep concentrating the younger Stark kids together since they have the same age considerations (well, not Sophie anymore).

My sort of rough guesses for commentaries, using only actors who have done episode commentaries in previous seasons:

3.01 - ?

3.02 - Sophie, Maisie, Isaac

3.03 - ?

3.04 - Emilia, Alfie

3.05 - ?

3.06 - Kit, Rose

3.07 - NCW (+ Gwendoline?)

3.08 - Peter, Lena

3.09 - Richard, Michelle (confirmed)

3.10 - Liam, Carice

My sort of rough guesses for commentaries, using only actors who have done episode commentaries in previous seasons:

3.01 - ?

3.02 - Sophie, Maisie, Isaac

3.03 - ?

3.04 - Emilia, Alfie

3.05 - ?

3.06 - Kit, Rose

3.07 - NCW (+ Gwendoline?)

3.08 - Peter, Lena

3.09 - Richard, Michelle (confirmed)

3.10 - Liam, Carice

These are good guesses. I especially like the idea of Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey doing a commentary track for 3x08, given that it's Tyrion's biggest Season 3 episode (and Cersei has a few scenes in there as well). I do think Liam and Carice might get a Team Dragonstone-heavy episode, and as you pointed out, 3x10 would fit the bill.

There might also be writer/director tracks sprinkled in there. D&D did the 2x01 and 2x07 tracks (with no additional commentary tracks for those episodes for the actors). I expect D&D will do 3x01, since they not only wrote it but also directed it.

...I wouldn't mind an extra commentary track from D&D for 3x09. There were two for 2x09 (Dinklage/Headey/Marshall and GRRM.

No they wouldn't. What they would have to "rush" through is Dany's conquest in Meereen, having her beginning her rule in S4 E5. And tbh 4 or 5 episodes spent on taking Meereen isn't even that rushed. It fits very well.

From there we have a whole season (second half of S4 and first half of S5) to cover Dany ruling in Meereen. She takes off on Drogon mid-S5, allowing a couple of episodes to cover Dany with the Dothraki from TWOW + The drama in Meereen that occurs when she's gone. Then episode 9 will be the sample chapters from TWOW which cover the pre-battle, and then episode 10 can be the battle itself.

Ideally episode 10 of S5 would cover both the battles of ice and fire, however it seems like Ice will be a slower and more drawn out afair rather than the burst of chaos that Fire will be (and budgetary issues would become an issue), so the early episodes of S6 can cover that.

I think the problem doesn't lie with Dany but with Tyrion, Victarion and possibly Quentyn. Getting all their stories to the correct point in order for the battle to commence will be a challenge (which they may not accept).

Your way is a perfectly valid way of doing things, but personally I would develop the plot at a slightly more measured rate.

I think the problem doesn't lie with Dany but with Tyrion, Victarion and possibly Quentyn. Getting all their stories to the correct point in order for the battle to commence will be a challenge (which they may not accept).

Your way is a perfectly valid way of doing things, but personally I would develop the plot at a slightly more measured rate.

Victarion and Quentyn aren't problems. Quentyn's travels can be cut and he can turn up at any point in Meereen. With the Kingsmoot likely cut Victarion can swiftly be on his way to Meereen. Tyrion is a bigger problem but doesn't truly need to be there until like episode 8.

Really? Tremendous symbolism?

Yes, really. There is obvious symbolism in Tywin killing fish in that scene. Similar to the scene in S1 where Tywin is skinning that deer or in CoK where Roose Bolton goes hunting for wolves in CoK.

Just because you aren't smart enough to realize that doesn't mean you should try to insult those that are.

Gwendoline Christie and Maisie Williams have both been spotted in Iceland (presumably for filming, since they're doing summer filming in Iceland this year). Not Ireland, Iceland. Very interesting.

Gwendoline Christie and Maisie Williams have both been spotted in Iceland (presumably for filming, since they're doing summer filming in Iceland this year). Not Ireland, Iceland. Very interesting.

Maybe just a set visit? However I can see Braavos being filmed in Iceland possibly. Also Iceland looks pretty different in summer, so maybe they're using it a bit more for southern Westeros.

Maybe just a set visit? However I can see Braavos being filmed in Iceland possibly. Also Iceland looks pretty different in summer, so maybe they're using it a bit more for southern Westeros.

I don't think we'll see Braavos next season. I can see Iceland being used for southern locations during the summer. But for Maisie Williams, why would they change the locations that they used in season 3?

I don't think we'll see Braavos next season. I can see Iceland being used for southern locations during the summer. But for Maisie Williams, why would they change the locations that they used in season 3?

I didn't think we'd see Braavos either, except perhaps a CGI Titan in the distance. However this news makes me reconsider, and I heard that Maisie was rather cagey about her shooting location previously suggesting there was something significant about it.

As for the SDCC panel, it was way too big. Also, if Peter Dinklage is going to do it, they should bring Lena Headey along, since he seems far more animated and engaged in these panels when she's on them as well.

Wasn't that panel the same number the first two years.

It may have been too big then!

Lena must be busy, or have given it a bye (she's been there twice), I am wondering if Peter is not getting tired of these too.

Actually like Rose , Liam Cunningham and Natalia Tena are so lively and animated they just seem to thrive on things like this.

Dance is good too, not a publicity hound , but I am always impressed with his imperturbability, he always seems accommodating. Natalia just feasts on public appearances.

Maisie and Sophie seem like naturals , I think they are con hounds!

I am, in a way, surprised that Dave and Dan don't send Bryan Cogman in their place, since he knows everything they do and he is a very good representative for the show, maybe better than Dan and Dave!(How the heck do D and D have the time to get away? I think they were not there last year.)

I have wonder if Nikolaj Coster-Waldau didn't give a bye too, he sure been on the publicity loop a lot.

Gwendoline Christie would be also be a nice substitute next year, she does this stuff well.

Bye the bye, where is the autograph interview session? (No not that amateur I-Phone capture.)

Also the 'balcony' one-on-one interviews?

Maybe the videos show up later.

Where is the complete EW group interview? I have only seen snips from it.

Wasn't that panel the same number the first two years.

It may have been too big then!

Actually, in 2011 there were eight seven people on the panel, and in 2012 there were six, and in both years GRRM was the moderator. This year it's 10 plus moderator, big difference if you ask me.

ETA:

Yes, really. There is obvious symbolism in Tywin killing fish in that scene. Similar to the scene in S1 where Tywin is skinning that deer or in CoK where Roose Bolton goes hunting for wolves in CoK.

Just because you aren't smart enough to realize that doesn't mean you should try to insult those that are.

Angry posts don't make you look very smart. And there was nothing insulting about my original comment.

Archived