If Drogo Invaded Westeros *long*

When the Dothraki do have success in Westeros I'm sure we'll see a rush of people on the forum claiming GRRM has ruined the realness of the series. Let's push aside the warging, dragon riding, army of dead, and resurrections. "No way could a nomadic people without armor defeat these advanced armies in the west."

Not quite the thing I will complain about is if something follows logically out of what we have been shown, told or seen in the world...

Sure GRRM can write anything he wants but pointing to magic does not work. Yes there is magic but it is so far bounded. Take Wargs so far is has limits and bounds. If Arya suddenly jumps from cats to skin changing people effortlessly (vs her Direwolf and cats both of which she has a well developed relation too) yep I say that is bad writing.

Same with the horse boys so far they are simply not a challenge for the well rounded armies we have been given in Westros, and five minute pre battle talk from Bariston the Bold will not change that. The author can make is so but I will be disappointed. If Drogo had been presented as reformer, or a true one-in-several centuries visionary reformer like Genghis than I could say yes the Dothraki are scary. But he (GK) was an insider and it took him more than a decade and his starting point was well past were the Dothraki are in terms of existing flexibility, disapline, tactics and not just being stupid.

----------------

The point is that that two out of three men with tactical knowledge werent bothered about the Dothraki, while the other one was just consumed by rage and paranoia of the Targs. The Dothraki may well do some damage in Westeros but only because George ignores the logic of the situation, or uses them the only way they should be used-as light cav supporting a larger more disciplined force of foot, archers and heavy

Beyond that how many want to see Ned fall or Robert isolated? How many on that day really started from the position of We want a the RB rule to be stable and safe and effective? Even Renly might have seen advantage in splitting Ned away after all Robert's only choice left was him or Tywin for hand... The 'Game of Thrones' is well named they were playing a game and nobody aside from Ned, and absent Stannis were interested in really ruling and ruling well for the greater good - Robert maybe but he was ruled by his passions.

Archived