A harder Jon Snow

ezinne43

Jon Show is one of my favourite characters, I think as he has become commander of the Watch, he has become a

emotionally colder and cruel character threatening to kill Val`s baby , he seemed to lost some humanity along the way. Or is this what happens when one achieves power?

I think that the pressures of his new position as Lord Commander, as well as his experiences among the Wildlings and his relationship with Ygritte, have forced Jon to become somewhat separated from the world around him. He's been through so much in the last few years that it would be unbelievable if his character hadn't changed. I don't know if he's become "cruel," so much as world-weary and emotionally inaccessible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

To me Jon Snow became a more tougher man and more mature and willing to make tough decisions. I think this incident will cause him to rule more forcefully and become more direct. However I could see him thinking about what to do with the Watch and if the people support him as the commander and if he still stays as a commander, I see him become more direct and commanding. I think he would be less diplomatic with the members and more commanding.

He's been groomed by Ned, Aemon, and Mormont to be a leader. He hasn't lost his humanity, but his position is forcing him to grow some balls and consequently, he comes across a lot harsher, particularly towards Sam. However, I second the notion that Janos had to go and I absolutely love the way he gets the nod of approval from Stanny boy after.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Deadstarks. He has grown up and actually opened his eyes( not just the 3rd 1). I think that unlike Ned. Jon is willing to bend ( depending on what is going on). I do think that if Mormont would have let the Freekfolk through the gate. I can't see The Bear letting all those people die only to come back & hunt the NW. I think that he would have looked at the bigger picture like jon has.

Ned, was a great person however, his Honor got in the way, (So much so that he caused his own death)

I think Lord Snow is just becoming less naive...that's all.

And I think the reason Melissandre sees him in her flames when praying for Azor Ahai is because Jon Snow is the real Azor Ahai reborn.

Interesting that in the first POV chapter of Melissandre she mentions her bed is useless since Stannis is gone...was she intimate with him for the sole reason she believed he is Azor Ahai reborn?

If so, and if she starts to adopt my theory, will she try to corrupt/seduce Jon Snow? Will the newer and tougher Jon Snow be able to resist her charms?

I agree Deadstarks. He has grown up and actually opened his eyes( not just the 3rd 1). I think that unlike Ned. Jon is willing to bend ( depending on what is going on). I do think that if Mormont would have let the Freekfolk through the gate. I can't see The Bear letting all those people die only to come back & hunt the NW. I think that he would have looked at the bigger picture like jon has.

Ned, was a great person however, his Honor got in the way, (So much so that he caused his own death)

Ned had been planning on moving the Free Folk into The Gift since at least AGoT. If anything Jon is only fulfilling his father figures life goal...

TurkeyRod, where is this in AGOT, I don't remember that. Even so, I am glad to hear that. I love Ned's character however, he made a lot of bad moves that ended up killing ROB, turning CAT into a Zombie, put Araya on the path of become a Serial Killer, & Sansa(lord, know what she will become). But, with Sansa & Jon, I think in the long run it will help them to become even more then what they would have been if they stayed at WF. Sansa's eyes opened up to the Real World & not the Fairy Tails that she like to believe in and Jon well that remains to be seen. But, if Ned never went to KL & been killed, Jon would have been nothing more than a Side kick to Rob( even though Rob loves Jon). & We have Yet to see how Big & Powerful he will become.

Something does stick out in my mind though. George gave an interview years ago, and stated that the people that we think are evil ( aren't) and the people that he think are good & honorable ( aren't). I can see some of that already. The Hound, The Free Folk, aren't as evil as peopled said they were. On the other hand Lysa turned out to be BSC, but still evil. Aryay is going Dark, & lord knows how Rickon will turn out( think that their Dire wolves have their personalities) and Shaggy Dog was always off the chain, wild & violent.

Damn, my quote Button isn't working. :frown5:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived