Irrational love and hate

RhaenysBee

I actually rather dislike Rickard and Hoster too for that matter. Perhaps because of the whole Southron Ambitions stuff. (No offense to your grandfather :P )

martial upbringing isn't for everyone (my grandfather would teach how to shoot a gun before he taught you how to write :laugh: )

and i'm rather proud of how ambitious and aggressive my grandfather is

but i understand your dislike for such a character

Yup, me too. A part of me wants him to be real, because it'd be so awesome. Rhaegar is another story, I can go into very long details what I love about him, but you are basically right saying that we don't really know enough to "rationally" like him. But Rhaegar has been, is and will always be my No. 2. Greatest ASOIAF Crush, and I can't do anything about that.

As for Bran, I'm sorry about that, I really can't say what I dislike in him, it's just... somehow I don't like him.

Hasn't Bran suffered enough? :crying:

The thing with (F)Aegon is I don't mind if he's a Targ or Blackfyre. I think he's going to be awesome anyway in TWOW. He'll take Storm's End, get the support of Dorne, Stormlands, and some of the Reach Lords and crush Euron's army at Oldtown (Fire Eater theory). And Rhaegar, I'm glad someone else likes him as half the Forum seem to hate him, I don't honestly know why I like him. It's not because he's Jon's father because I liked him before I heard that theory.

You seem to forget those who hate the guts out of Roose for killing Robb Stark the King in the Starks and betraying The North!

Roose is invincible, immortal, indestructible, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. Roose is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. The Roosepocalpse is coming.

I love:

• Myrcella because she is good at Cyvasse and didn't cry when being shipped off to Dorne
  • Tommen because he loves cats and hates beets
  • Genna because she's like Tyrion but without the bitterness
  • Maester Aemon because he's grandfatherly

I hate:

• Ser Hyle because he just seems like the kind of date rapey douche you find populating college campuses the world over.
  • Hizdahr because he's just lame and annoying
  • Selyse because she is thoroughly unpleasant to be around. Her and Melisandre's Queens Men are all awful too (except Devan Seaworth).

Roose is invincible, immortal, indestructible, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. Roose is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. The Roosepocalpse is coming.

Don't you dare use something from Joker's speech to describe Roose!

Roose is a White Dwarf Star, heading for a black hole. That's physics. It's inevitable.

Hasn't Bran suffered enough? :crying:

The thing with (F)Aegon is I don't mind if he's a Targ or Blackfyre. I think he's going to be awesome anyway in TWOW. He'll take Storm's End, get the support of Dorne, Stormlands, and some of the Reach Lords and crush Euron's army at Oldtown (Fire Eater theory). And Rhaegar, I'm glad someone else likes him as half the Forum seem to hate him, I don't honestly know why I like him. It's not because he's Jon's father because I liked him before I heard that theory.

He has! I'm sorry! I just don't like him :( For a while I thought I liked Rhaenys because of her tragic end... but... I don't like Aegon because of his tragic end (even before F/Aegon thing) and in spite of all tragic stuff what Bran's been through I still can't take liking to him, so all I can say is I can't explain either.

Haha, I have an irrational indifference/lack of like for Jon too, so I definitely don't like Rhaegar because he might be Jon's father. In fact, it was the other way around. I started giving a chance and trying to take liking into Jon because of Rhaegar after the whole R+L=J stuff came up. And well... Rhaegar was just somebody so interesting from the start... mysterious handsome man loved by subjects, remembered well by everybody (I hate Robert - not because of Rhaegar), idolized by POVs... just how could I NOT like him? Oh, and nobody ever got to or will ever get to convince me that R+L is not a tragic epic love story. And also nobody will convince me that Rhaegar didn't give a shit about Elia and the kids. And yeah, Rhaegar was hot.

:rofl: :rofl: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup:

Don't you dare use something from Joker's speech to describe Roose!

Roose is a White Dwarf Star, heading for a black hole. That's physics. It's inevitable.

I will quote The Dark Knight at every possible opportunity :ninja:

And I forgot to mention... shit, I'll burn for this... you could say it's irrational that I so don't like Tyrion. In fact I could list a number of reasons, but I think it's just reverse psychology... I mean GRRM just does everything in a writer's power to make Tyrion a general fave and it's just way way way too much for me....

But it's curious, because I really liked Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. Well, I LOVED Mark Addy's Robert too, but I still hate Robert as a character. Mark Addy was just too awesome.

I will quote The Dark Knight at every possible opportunity :ninja:

So will I. BUT NOT FOR ROOSE!

Anyway I think you and I are destined to do this forever, arguing about Roose and how bad and he is.

He has! I'm sorry! I just don't like him :( For a while I thought I liked Rhaenys because of her tragic end... but... I don't like Aegon because of his tragic end (even before F/Aegon thing) and in spite of all tragic stuff what Bran's been through I still can't take liking to him, so all I can say is I can't explain either.

Haha, I have an irrational indifference/lack of like for Jon too, so I definitely don't like Rhaegar because he might be Jon's father. In fact, it was the other way around. I started giving a chance and trying to take liking into Jon because of Rhaegar after the whole R+L=J stuff came up. And well... Rhaegar was just somebody so interesting from the start... mysterious handsome man loved by subjects, remembered well by everybody (I hate Robert - not because of Rhaegar), idolized by POVs... just how could I NOT like him? Oh, and nobody ever got to or will ever get to convince me that R+L is not a tragic epic love story. And also nobody will convince me that Rhaegar didn't give a shit about Elia and the kids. And yeah, Rhaegar was hot.

Apart from the last bit I agree. I hate it when people say Rhaegar didn't care about Elia or his other children. It's not like they were already safe in KL surrounded by guards all the time. I also agree that R+L is a tragic love story, I mean he did say "Lyanna" as he died!

And as for Bran, I hope TWOW changes your mind on him.

I wouldn't call my love for Stannis "irrational", but admittedly I probably do tend to go easier on him than I do a lot of other characters.

I irrationally hate characters like Daario because they remind me of people in real life who I hate though, so I'll confess that a lot of my hate for that particular character stems from that.

Apart from the last bit I agree. I hate it when people say Rhaegar didn't care about Elia or his other children. It's not like they were already safe in KL surrounded by guards all the time. I also agree that R+L is a tragic love story, I mean he did say "Lyanna" as he died!

And as for Bran, I hope TWOW changes your mind on him.

What was the last bit? That I thought he's hot? Oh, well, that's the least of it :D I'm just too glad that somebody else thinks well of Rhaegar too and doesn't hate on him. And yes, he DID say a woman's name, so either the he didn't love Lyanna or the he didn't give a shit about Elia part of accusations is bound to fail. Do we know for sure he said Lyanna? I don't quite remember that.

Also.. Tower of Joy would suggest you that Rhaegar was happy with Lyanna there... I mean even Ramsay is not psychotic enough to name a place 'of Joy' while he keeps hostages there to his own amusement and purposes...

As for Bran... I'll see :)

What was the last bit? That I thought he's hot? Oh, well, that's the least of it :D I'm just too glad that somebody else thinks well of Rhaegar too and doesn't hate on him. And yes, he DID say a woman's name, so either the he didn't love Lyanna or the he didn't give a shit about Elia part of accusations is bound to fail. Do we know for sure he said Lyanna? I don't quite remember that.

Also.. Tower of Joy would suggest you that Rhaegar was happy with Lyanna there... I mean even Ramsay is not psychotic enough to name a place 'of Joy' while he keeps hostages there to his own amusement and purposes...

As for Bran... I'll see :)

I thought it the common assumption that he said "Lyanna"? If he didn't then I don't know what name he said.

And also the fact that Ned bears Rhaegar no ill will, even though it's said he raped Lyanna, kind of suggests that he didn't harm Lyanna in any way, and also he did leave two, and then later three KG.

And hopefully, you'll begin to like Bran.

I thought it the common assumption that he said "Lyanna"? If he didn't then I don't know what name he said.

And also the fact that Ned bears Rhaegar no ill will, even though it's said he raped Lyanna, kind of suggests that he didn't harm Lyanna in any way, and also he did leave two, and then later three KG.

And hopefully, you'll begin to like Bran.

Yes, Ned is the other proof, yes. The books says a woman's name, it's most probably Lyanna, of course. I just read a fanfic once (tsk, tsk, I know that's bad I know GRRM disapproves) that included a very pretty sentence about how Lyanna and Elia sounded very similar and I liked the idea that somehow both were in his thoughts. But yes, generally that was 99% a Lyanna. I was just asking to check if there was any further proof on this that I might have missed.

I wonder what'll be going on with Bran in fact... if he becomes a tree... or not :D

I wonder what'll be going on with Bran in fact... if he becomes a tree... or not :D

And what a fine tree he'll become if he does become a tree :).

I don't think there's any further proof that it was "Lyanna", I might have forgotten something, but I think it's just what people figured since he's Jon's father and must of loved Lyanna.

And what a fine tree he'll become if he does become a tree :).

I don't think there's any further proof that it was "Lyanna", I might have forgotten something, but I think it's just what people figured since he's Jon's father and must of loved Lyanna.

Sure, as I've said, I'm quite convinced of the epic romance between him and Lyanna. Otherwise, what's the frame of the whole story?

Archived