Irrational love and hate

RhaenysBee

People I irrationally love (not counting Tyrion, Jaime, Davos or Dolorous Edd, there's nothing irrational about loving them)

Anybody in House Mormont, especially Ser Jorah.

Viserys Targayen: Total fruitloop but i can't hate him.

Hot Pie: For his name and battle cry alone

Jon Connington: I'm not very sure, but his name sounds downright Shakespearian, and he's the nearest thing i've seen to a struggling hero type since poor old Ned left us. Which reminds me...

Ned Stark: Poor guy was always doomed, but i miss him, sniff.

Littlefinger and Melisandre: facinating, she's mad, he's....littlefinger...just awesome really

I like Drink and Arch, i really hope they get a bit more page time before they reach their inevitable ends...

People I irrationally dislike (hate is too strong a word)

Jon Snow: Spends too much time moaning about how miserable it is being a bastard and/or Lord Commander

Ygritte: "You know nothing, Jon Snow" Oh give it a rest, love.

Stannis: I'm sorry but i can;'t see what all the fuss is about

Khal Drogo: Badass yes, but lacking in personality beyond "indentikit barbarian warlord", i can't see how Dany came to love him.

Daario: What does Dany see in him either? Clashy dresser too.

Jojen Reed: Weird kid, even by Bran's plotline standards he's a bit creepy, which considering he hangs around with a bloke who's mostly a tree and used to be a three eyed crow says quite a lot.

Qyburn, Gregor Clegane and Ramsay Snow totally freak me out and terrify me, but there's nothing irrational in that, it's probably more irrational that i prefer Roose because....i'm not sure, he's very polite i suppose. Scary but compelling.

I also cant explain why I like Littlefinger.

I know he a perv, and most dispise him, but I admire his ruthless political maneuvering and his ability to stay two steps ahead of the game.

Evil, but dangerous. More of a respect than a love I guess.

Viserys Targayen: Total fruitloop but i can't hate him.

I know right?? I absolutely cannot hate this guy. I cannot! He deserves the hate he gets, but i just cannot bring myself to share the burning hate. I was oddly attached to him, mostly because i think he wasnt truly mad like his father, but angry. And that anger manifested itself in this brutish, horrible manner. I felt sorry for him. Also, Stupid Sexy Harry Lloyd.

I have irrational love for my top five.

Jon

Arya

Davos

Rhaegar

and Momont's Raven.

Those five can do no wrong. There are others but those are my loves.

My irrational hate goes to Cersei. She makes me see red. There are parts where i kinda almost feel for her (WoS) but other times, puppies cower in fear of me wanting to kick something. Rrrrrr....RAGE!

Other than that, i dont have much irrational hatred outside Greyjoys not named Asha and Theon.

Oh yeah! I do really hate LF. Probably a little more than i hate Cersei.

Do we know for sure he said Lyanna? I don't quite remember that.

I never updated it since I got it, but the WOIAF app says this in Rhaegar's section:

"He would die with Lyanna's name on his lips."

I love him too, because their story is so good, even though we don't know all of it, which I guess makes that irrational love. :)

Roose is invincible, immortal, indestructible, omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. Roose is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. The Roosepocalpse is coming.

:bowdown: Roose is love, Roose is life.

I also love Victarion, which could probably be considered irrational. But I do think that the only reason that he even has haters is because his manliness can be too much to handle.

As for irrational hate, I fucking hate Bran and his boring dreams. And I hate the idea of him being this all-powerful, omniscient greenseer.

You seem to forget those who hate the guts out of Roose for killing Robb Stark the King in the Starks and betraying The North!

Robb had it coming. Roose is the true savior of the North, bringing the peace it desperately needed. Show Roose is also my inspiration to become sober, which proves that he's a better role model for young children than The Forever Young Wolf.

I hate:

• Ser Hyle because he just seems like the kind of date rapey douche you find populating college campuses the world over.

This might be the most perfect description of Ser Hyle I've ever seen.

As for me, I have an irrational hate for Genna. Her line saying that Edmure should be killed really ticked me off. I hope she dies.

Irrational love:

- I am willing to concede that my love for Catelyn may be a tiny bit irrational.

- House Mormont. Favorite minor house in the series.

- Edmure, just for his one line. "My people. They were afraid".

I have an irrational love for Tywin and Cersei. I know they're horrible people but I like them that way.

I have an irrational hate for Rhaegar and Lyanna. I don't mind them in the beginning but the forum made me hate them. :leaving:

I take the 'irrational' part very seriously. I'm naming only the names that I cannot explain.

Hate/Dislike:

Bran

Margaery

Arienne

Edmure

Areo Hotah

Victarion

Jojen

Lancel

Love/like:

Thoros

Mance

Jaquen

Harry the Reader (is that the right name?)

Illyrio

Meera

Shireen

Pod

The sailor's widow

Sallador Saan

Septa Lemore

The Sand Sisters

Despite absolutely hating what he did to Lysa, I find myself absolutely loving Hoster and finding him to be one of the biggest badasses in Robert's Rebellion above such people like Rhaegar, Arthur Dayne, and Robert Baratheon.

No matter what I have an irrational indifference to dislike to Asha, in how I don't think there is anything at all interesting about her character and I rather hope she dies while Theon is spared.

Irrationally love:

Tommen+Myrcella - they sound like this pair of sweethearts and it saddens me to know that they'll probably die

Elia of Dorne

Rhaenys and real dead bby Aegon

Ygritte (because "you know nothing Jon Snow")

Big Belwas - everytime he shows up I want to belly slap him and hear him chuckle

Grey Worm - just because (> T3T)>

Septon Meribald - that monologue in Brienne's POV

ALL THE DRAGONS

Margaery - she's just so ... amazing. I both want to be her and be her best friend at the same time

Sansa - she's actually the character I'm most aligned with personality-wise according to the really long and strangely accurate personality test somewhere (though I think I'm a bit less patient and have a touch of Lady Olenna in me - aka call a spade a spade because facepalm)

so I will defend her to the death ~(=v=)~

THE QUEEN OF THORNS aka Lady Olenna Tyrell - best halmoni ever!@!@

Irrationally indifferent:

Arya - I like her story arc but I don't really care about her character

Bran/Rickon - they just ... bore me. I can't explain orz

all the wildlings except Ygritte - I admit Tormund and his member is pretty lulzy, but I just can't work up the energy to care

Alys Karstark - see above

The Reeds

Val - she just isn't a very interesting female character to me - if we're saying pure beauty we already have Sansa/Dany/Cat/Cersei, if we're saying fiery wildling attitude we have Ygritte, if we're saying wit and a barbed tongue we have Lady Olenna, she just doesn't offer much that is new imo

Irrationally hate:

Ser Jorah Mormont

Robert Baratheon

Robert Arryn - he strikes me as the kind of little kid I would've slapped within 5 minutes of meeting him

Lysa Arryn - whatabitch

(f)Aegon - it's probably a response to his "oh I'm so perfect and prince charming on a poleboat" to which my instinctive feminist reaction is "well fuck you and your poleboat" - I also highly subscribe to the "if it's too good to be true, it's not true" philosophy

Patchface - he. creeps. me. out. Like creeps like he belongs in a Fatal Frame game.

Any one with the last name Frey - unless ofc they're in a pie, then it's perfectly acceptable

Melisandre

ETA: I'm also highly indifferent bordering on dislike for Rhaegar and Lyanna - I can't explain why except maybe their story is so kdrama-y and that Lyanna's personality sounds like the type that I would never get along with IRL (sort of like Arya)

(f)Aegon - it's probably a response to his "oh I'm so perfect and prince charming on a poleboat" to which my instinctive feminist reaction is "well fuck you and your poleboat"

Har! My reaction to him was far...different. :leer: And that poleboat was a whole pile of fun until Tyrion pissed in my cheerios. Cant hate a brah cuz hes got the penis, ya know? :P

Har! My reaction to him was far...different. :leer: And that poleboat was a whole pile of fun until Tyrion pissed in my cheerios. Cant hate a brah cuz hes got the penis, ya know? :P

haha~

I don't deny that I found the whole arc very amusing and TyrionxAegon is a ship poleboat I'd like to see happen (crackpot)

I just can't like Aegon as a character - he's so naive and arrogant and entitled I can't wait for him to realize that when you play the game of thrones, you win or everyone you love dies :leaving:

ETA: in the back of my mind I always imagine what Lady Olenna would say about him "that boy's as young as Robb Stark and twice the fool if he thinks a pretty face and a circus with elephants are going to win him the IT"

I irrationally hate Val.

GRRM is force feeding us Val as some impossibly amazing woman, and I just don't buy it. If he had taken it down a couple of notches, she's at least be more believable.

I mean, her only serious flaw seems to be her treatment of Shireen, and even for that there is a "reasonable" explanation for it, "Oh but it's such a taboo in Wildling culture" ...blah blah blah,

I think Val should be put under harsher criticism for that.

In my eyes, Val is the female equivalent of Darkstar, except she doesn't need to per se *say* something idiotic like I'm of the night, (I'm of the cold?) her comical and improbable beauty does it for her. Not to mention the ultimate crime of being utterly boring and devoid of real personality.

And I say improbable beauty, because considering North of the Wall is one of the most hostile environments to humans I have ever read about, she'd be more likely to survive if she was corpulent and covered with hair to protect body heat from escaping.

alright, rant over.

I irrationally love Sam .... you go on with your bad self, Sam! be the slayer of Puddles you were born to be!!

Archived