Irrational love and hate

RhaenysBee

Again, hasn't Sandor suffered enough!?

LOL, I swear I do not intentionally pick on all the characters you like :))

Sandor and Bran totally suffered enough :"D Oh, I'm not laughing at them or on their expense, don't get me wrong.

LOL, I swear I do not intentionally pick on all the characters you like :))

Sandor and Bran totally suffered enough :"D Oh, I'm not laughing at them or on their expense, don't get me wrong.

Next you'll be telling me you irrationally hate Ned. :)

I irrationally hate Ned and Robb because their deaths left holes in my heart :{D

Fuck "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"

Oops... :D

No, I don't hate Ned. I just think he was as naive as Sansa. With all good intent, he made all wrong decisions...

Okay, now say someone you irrationally dislike or hate, maybe I like that person and we can be fifty-fifty :D

Oops... :D

No, I don't hate Ned. I just think he was as naive as Sansa. With all good intent, he made all wrong decisions...

Okay, now say someone you irrationally dislike or hate, maybe I like that person and we can be fifty-fifty :D

Mmm. Euron, Ser Jorah (he's alright. I don't find him annoying), Jaqen H'ghar.

Well, didn't Euron suffer enough?! Oh wait... :D

I don't have any problem with Euron, but I don't particularly like him either.

I don't know why but I really the him. Maybe it's the fact he's planning to take Westeros or just The North again, I don't know, bit I know I hate him and can't wait for him to die.

And he hasn't suffered enough :D

I have an irrational love for Tommen and Myrcella. They're both such sweet children and I really don't want them to die.

I have an irrational dislike for the Tyrells. I cannot explain it no matter how hard I try, so I always say it's because I love Dorne and House Martell. :D

I don't know why but I really the him. Maybe it's the fact he's planning to take Westeros or just The North again, I don't know, bit I know I hate him and can't wait for him to die.

And he hasn't suffered enough :D

I think you won't have to wait for long. Euron is just too sure of himself to survive Westeros, he has about a trillion enemies and no allies, not even his own house... people with far better odds have been falling like flies in the series.

Oh well, more tortures for Euron then. Sea storms, cannibal pirates, hungry sharks and all the dreads the open sea is holding :D

I think you won't have to wait for long. Euron is just too sure of himself to survive Westeros, he has about a trillion enemies and no allies, not even his own house... people with far better odds have been falling like flies in the series.

Oh well, more tortures for Euron then. Sea storms, cannibal pirates, hungry sharks and all the dreads the open sea is holding :D

I'm certain he'll be rev'd by some super magical powers and we'll watch all about it when Disney comes out with

Pirates of the Caribbean V: The Crow's Eye's Fury

Well I can't wait for him to be shot in the eye with an arrow by Sam in Oldtown :).

I find that whilst I tend to have reasons for disliking/ liking characters, these can be driven to the extreme when I come across people who hold the opposite strong opinion- and please note, I am paraphrasing and simplifying in the post below, I very much doubt that anyone has actually posted those exact words.

OK, so I dislike Rhaegar and Lyanna at the base of it. Particularly Rhaegar. But, at the same time I can appreciate their story as an interesting subversion of the "true love overcomes all" idea- Rhaegar and Lyanna throw everything aside for love, and not only do they themselves end up dying for it, but, as Barristan puts it "thousands died for it"- and I know, that's a very simplified view, obviously there were other causes of the rebellion too. But in terms of the Rhaegar/ Lyanna story only, that's generally how I see it. They fell in love, and they messed up badly.

But then I come on here and read posts about how Rhaegar and Lyanna are awesome, or that they are basically not responsible for any aspect of the rebellion at all, and that just makes me dislike the characters more. Or that- and this is my personal favourite- they probably did tell people that they were leaving, and left a message with Littlefinger, who messed it up deliberately and lied. Which makes my mind boggle, because how would that even go? When they encountered each other on the road, by chance, Lyanna saw Petyr and went "Hey, I know you! You're my brother's fiancee's former foster brother, right? The one who challenged aforementioned brother to a duel, and took some serious damage from him. Here, have all these super important messages and deliver them to my family, who you totally don't have a grudge against!" And Petyr, because he is eeeevil, went "Muahahahahahaha! I mean, yes, of course, I will deliver your messages for you, please leave all of your important messages with me, and I will call in at Winterfell and drop them off. It is totally on my way home, you see, give or take a few weeks of travel. Alternatively, I will send a raven when I get home in several weeks- because, you know, quite injured here, I'm not travelling at speed." And then Lyanna and Rhaegar went "Okay, thanks, that's great! How could this possibly go wrong?". I mean, damn, I think Lyanna and Rhaegar were stupid, but not THAT stupid. But anyway, I read some posts with this theory, and it makes me dislike the characters more, which is irrational, because it's not their fault that people have that reaction, but that's what it does for me.

Similarly, Jon on his own, IMO, is a bit dull, and not a great leader. I don't really enjoy his chapters, for the aforementioned reasons. But a few threads of "Jon is the main character and hero of the novels, he is going to be King in the North/ King on the Iron throne, his is the Song of Ice and Fire" etc. and the thought of him irritates me even more.

Sandor Clegane's another one. Why do characters/ readers dislike Sandor? I hear. Because he is a guy who kills children at the orders of people he knows are liars and sadists, and laughs doing it. Because he is generally unpleasant towards pretty much everyone. Because he says terrible, horrific things to people like "I should have raped [your sister]". Because he is violent, and because he threatens Sansa with violence when he is ostensibly there to keep her safe. That's not to say he's not a compelling character, and it's not to say that he has no redeeming features, but his massive appeal is really lost on me.

So, yeah, irrational dislike tends to happen when I come across people who are overwhelmingly positive towards characters I dislike, which I fully acknowledge is silly XD Rhaegar, Lyanna, Jon and Sandor are definitely at the head of that chain. I also dislike Qyburn with a fiery passion, but I'm not sure that's irrational, given his character :P

Irrationally love... hmmm. I guess Littlefinger. Terrible human being. My favourite character in the series. I know he's terrible, but I can't help but enjoy reading him and watching him scheme. I also really like Margaery, despite the fact that we don't actually see a lot of her doing anything but earning Cersei's wrath in the books. I think the implication that the reason the people love her, and she has gained immense popular support , is because she's good at playing politics, which is the direction that the show has gone in.

I'm certain he'll be rev'd by some super magical powers and we'll watch all about it when Disney comes out with

Pirates of the Caribbean V: The Crow's Eye's Fury

Heh, yeah an epic Crow's Eye vs Jack Sparrow fight on top of a mast, while krakens and mermaids fight a bloody battle in the water around them, to avenge Jones's pet kraken, who was a secret Targ, warged by Euron.

Well I can't wait for him to be shot in the eye with an arrow by Sam in Oldtown :).

Sam can just set all the craws and ravens of Oldtown on his remaining eye ;)

Heh, yeah an epic Crow's Eye vs Jack Sparrow fight on top of a mast, while krakens and mermaids fight a bloody battle in the water around them, to avenge Jones's pet kraken, who was a secret Targ, warged by Euron.

At the end of which Jack gets elected Pope High Sparrow and decrees that all worshipers must drink rum and shout "Tortuga" every time they spot a secret Targ

At the end of which Jack gets elected Pope High Sparrow and decrees that all worshipers must drink rum and shout "Tortuga" every time they spot a secret Targ

But Tyrion Lannister will wobble into the scene then, slap Jack and say we've had crazy High Septons and drunken High Septons before, but we've never been cursed with a crazy drunken High Sparrow.

Varys will say, I am sure, you did not deserve that, sweet Captain.

And Jack will wink at Tyrion and point at Varys: "Eunuch."

And Irri will say: It is known.

*curtain goes up and we get an Oscar for screen writing*

You mean every person in the world who isn't an overt Targ (they are secret Blackfyres, it is known) ?

But Tyrion Lannister will wobble into the scene then, slap Jack and say we've had crazy High Septons and drunken High Septons before, but we've never been cursed with a crazy drunken High Sparrow.

Varys will say, I am sure, you did not deserve that, sweet Captain.

And Jack will wink at Tyrion and point at Varys: "Eunuch."

And Irri will say: It is known.

*curtain goes up and we get an Oscar for screen writing*

:cheers:

Daenerys will be played by Orlando Bloom and his pretty blond wig and her role will be reduced to looking pretty and uttering ineffectual one liners.

Archived