Irrational love and hate

RhaenysBee

:cheers:

Daenerys will be played by Orlando Bloom and his pretty blond wig and her role will be reduced to looking pretty and uttering ineffectual one liners.

And she'll braid Tyrion's beard who's mounted behind her on the silver horse.

Meanwhile on the sea: Jack Sparrow is drinking rum and going through his mom's old love letters, to find out if he's father is Aerys Targaryen, Darth Vader or Severus Snape.

And she'll braid Tyrion's beard who's mounted behind her on the silver horse.

Meanwhile on the sea: Jack Sparrow is drinking rum and going through his mom's old love letters, to find out if he's father is Aerys Targaryen, Darth Vader or Severus Snape.

AMG Tyrion the dwarf. So perfect.

And Aegon will not shower for a few days, grow a beard, and find a broken sword. At which point he will go to KL and tell Cersei "authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king" and take the throne with the help of Penny and her army of hobbits midgets.

You don't need to explain that. There are two types of people on the forums: Those who love Roose, and those who have yet to realize their love for Roose.

Roose is the biggest traitor of them all.

He acted for his own ends with no provocation in the red wedding.

why does anyone love him?

AMG Tyrion the dwarf. So perfect.

And Aegon will not shower for a few days, grow a beard, and find a broken sword. At which point he will go to KL and tell Cersei "authority is not given to you to deny the return of the king" and take the throne with the help of Penny and her army of hobbits midgets.

As long as Aegon is Isildur's heir and not Slytherin's or Gryffindor's. You can never be sure about that.

Meanwhile in the castle Joff and Draco have a fight:

I'LL TELL MY MOTHER, YOU FERRET! / MY FATHER WILL HEAR OF THAT, BASTARD.

As long as Aegon is Isildur's heir and not Slytherin's or Gryffindor's. You can never be sure about that.

Meanwhile in the castle Joff and Draco have a fight:

I'LL TELL MY MOTHER, YOU FERRET! / MY FATHER WILL HEAR OF THAT, BASTARD.

Speaking of which it is totally obvious that all Malfoys are secret Targs.

In a remote corner of the Red Keep:

Balerion the Black Cat and Mrs. Norris put the fear of cat into Ser Pounce and Lady Whiskers

Sandor Clegane's another one. Why do characters/ readers dislike Sandor? I hear. Because he is a guy who kills children at the orders of people he knows are liars and sadists, and laughs doing it. Because he is generally unpleasant towards pretty much everyone. Because he says terrible, horrific things to people like "I should have raped [your sister]". Because he is violent, and because he threatens Sansa with violence when he is ostensibly there to keep her safe. That's not to say he's not a compelling character, and it's not to say that he has no redeeming features, but his massive appeal is really lost on me.

He kills children yet he saves their lifes.

He says "I should have fucked your sister" yet he saves her from the rape attempt.

He threatens Sansa yet he dares to say "enough" when other beats her and covers her lie on the Joffrey namesday.

He's very complicated and I love it.

Roose is the biggest traitor of them all.

He acted for his own ends with no provocation in the red wedding.

why does anyone love him?

Bugger Roose.

Don :wub:

Balerion the Black Cat and Mrs. Norris put the fear of cat into Ser Pounce and Lady Whiskers

While at the Twins:

- Where is my cat, Your Grace?

- Mrs. Norris sends her regards.

By the way, I hope you know Rodrick Cassel is Lady Whiskers and he came an animagus, because he's got a crush on McGonagall.

Just to mention: I have a totally irrational indifference towards both Jory and Rodrick Cassel... Rodrick's death was sad and all, but it never really touched me... :/

Clearly the Malfoys are Lannisters.

strongest irrational hatred for Bran...his stupid dreams are beyond boring and his tedious chapters go on and on and on...personally I think it detracts from the story as a whole to have a super magical little kid finding some tree in a cave and using its branches as super magical whatevers...I might be one of the only people who think ASOIAF would have been better story if bran just died when he fell out of the tower, or maybe after the assassin tried to kill him he could have just died from complications a couple days later

I dont like stories where little kids are major protagonists (although a huge exception to this is Arya, GRRM did a brilliant job with her)

also Brienne...pretty much for the same reasons as bran because I hate her chapters finding them boring and tedious...

I wont say "hatred" for Jon Snow and a strong irrational dubiousness...hes just very "blah" and not really that interesting...at all

irrational love: euron, littlefinger, roose, cersei and kinda victarion (like cersei, i love to see the big dumb oaf chaotically carving a one way path to his doom with such overwhelming confidence)

I have an irrational and strong dislike for Catelyn and Rickon(don't know why) and I'm pretty indifferent to Davos(who bores me to death). What's next is even worse. I've always had an irrational interest in the Mad King and The Mountain. This is wierd since it's not in my habbit to like the vilans.

Clearly the Malfoys are Lannisters.

You are kidding right? Malfoys have silver blond hair and are Slytherins. The sigil of House Lannister is a Gryffindor lion. Snakes are reptiles like dragons at least. :D

I have an irrational and strong dislike for Catelyn and Rickon(don't know why) and I'm pretty indifferent to Davos(who bores me to death). What's next is even worse. I've always had an irrational interest in the Mad King and The Mountain. This is wierd since it's not in my habbit to like the vilans.

I must agree that as much as I liked Davos is CoK he became as boring as Bran. Even though Davos suffered enough too, no doubt :D Sorry, King of Starks.

I must agree that as much as I liked Davos is CoK he became as boring as Bran. Even though Davos suffered enough too, no doubt :D Sorry, King of Starks.

Davos had to suffer the Blackwater! Isn't that enough!?

You are kidding right? Malfoys have silver blond hair and are Slytherins. The sigil of House Lannister is a Gryffindor lion. Snakes are reptiles like dragons at least. :D

Well the Lannister's aren't Gryffindors if that's what you're suggesting :P . Ignoring sigils:

• Gryffindors are Baratheons
  • Slytherins are Lannisters
  • Ravenclaws are Tyrells
  • Hufflepuffs are Tullys

He kills children yet he saves their lifes.

He says "I should have fucked your sister" yet he saves her from the rape attempt.

He threatens Sansa yet he dares to say "enough" when other beats her and covers her lie on the Joffrey namesday.

He's very complicated and I love it.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that he is not an entirely evil character by any means, and I would definitely say that by the his last "official" appearance - Arya leaving him for dead- he has moved more towards the side of good, if you like, than he was at the start (YMMV on how much, though). That's not up for debate by me. And I can understand why people like him, he's not entirely on dimensional. But if there are reasons to like him, or at least to be interested by his story, there are plenty of reasons to dislike him. IMO, Sandor starts the books as a terrible, terrible person- one to whom terrible things have been done, yes, but who has reacted by doing terrible things to others. But you read posts talking about how maybe Mycah fell and died that way, and Sandor just made it look like he had killed him so that he could look bad, and posts talking about how all of his act is just a front he puts on (I imagine it's more than convincing to the people that he kills), and that he has to do terrible things because he works for Joffrey and Cersei and they give him commands (and yet he finds the strength to walk away from them when they force him to confront HIS fear), and that killing Mycah was actually an act of mercy and a favour to Mycah (He knows that Joffrey is a liar and a sadist, probably knows that it was unlikely that Mycah attacked Joffrey in the way he described it happening, yet he still went ahead and killed Mycah rather than bringing him back to be tried by Robert, as Arya was).

That is not to say that he is beyond redemption, nor that he has worked towards achieving it (not always successfully, see "I am going to save you from KL but first I will stick a knife to your throat and threaten your life" ), but it is rather irritating seeing people trying to excuse away the bad things that he actually does, and has done prior to the books, and repainting them in a positive light.

i used to have a rational dislike of catelyn but kittykatknits is single handedly moving me to merely disliking a few of her acts.

:love:

keep fighting the good fight with logic and objective analysis and you'll win the whole board over. but if you put the "stan love" blinders on, it'll never work. looking forward to your next cat thread. :love:

I really, really hate Loras Tyrell. I can't explain it, but I think Cersei's hate for the Tyrells influenced me.

I love the Hound, irrationally. I almost began to dislike Arya because of her hate for him. When the Elder brother told Brienne he was dead, it broke my heart more than any other death. I didn't notice the hints that he was the grave digger, so I just pretended the Elder brother was a liar and Sandor was fine somewhere.

Archived