Irrational love and hate

RhaenysBee

I am quite easy. I generally like the good guys and dislike the evil ones but I don't have any that I truly hate (aside from Ramsay and Gregor). When it comes to greyish or minor characters

Irrationally fond of: Jaime, Renly, Asha, Theon, King Bob, Barristan, Sam, show!Tywin, show!Cersei, Roose Bolton, LC Mormont, GreatJon, Varys, Syrio, Viserys, a lot of the RR victims (Brandon, Arthur, Rhaegar, Lyanna and Ashara) and the good among bad (Dickon, Domerick, Alannys)

Irrationally dislike: Melisandre, Stannis (Show!Stannis is growing on me though), Margaery, Dontos, Shae, Jon Arryn, Sweet!Robin, Littlefinger

Irrationally not that interested in: Danny, Arya, Benjen, Oberyn, House Tully (aside from Cat)

Nah, the Stark's haven't got the fire to be gryffindors. The Baratheon's attitude fits better imo.

so the starks are hufflepuffs? hmmmm. i guess i can get with that. they are nothing if not hard working, patient and loyal (most of them) and expect fairness. they surely aren't ravenclaws since their collective intelligence couldn't even open the door to the ravenclaw common room so far.

Yep, the Freys are mostly creepy,power hungry, disdainful cowards after all, and that is what makes up House Slytherin.

And if you think about it, Filch loved the Slytherins.

I always irrationally liked both Filch and Walder Frey. Got to have something to do with the actor. No. I irrationally like Lord Walder in the books too. He's irrationally funny.

All this talk of ASOIAF and HP together makes me happy :D :D :D

Who's not happy to talk of ASOIAF AND HP? :D

Id say the Boltons are more Slytherin. Both creepy houses.

Fair point.

Targs would be Malfoys, with the Pure Blood thing.

They also have similar hair colours.

But Draco is Joffrey. Or Viserys. Okay, you win.

Duh, double post... >.< Sorry sorry.

Targs would be Malfoys, with the Pure Blood thing.

They also have similar hair colours.

Good point. Though Salazar Slytherin is like Aegon the Conquerer: hundreds years later and every child still knows his name. At the beginning of the books, both Houses (Targs and Gaunts) are bankrupt and fallen from grace. They also share the ability to control reptiles (dragons vs parselmouth). Both have madness in the family and both believe to be superior over others. Tom Riddle and Danny do share some similarities. :-)

Good point. Though Salazar Slytherin is like Aegon the Conquerer: hundreds years later and every child still knows his name. At the beginning of the books, both Houses (Targs and Gaunts) are bankrupt and fallen from grace. They also share the ability to control reptiles (dragons vs parselmouth). Both have madness in the family and both believe to be superior over others. Tom Riddle and Danny do share some similarities. :-)

Except house Slytherin and Gaunt didnt' have any memebers who weren't racist assholes, where as there were several likable Targereyans.

Except house Slytherin and Gaunt didnt' have any memebers who weren't racist assholes, where as there were several likable Targereyans.

So racism and beliefs of superiority are okay so long as there a couple of "likable" members in an extended family? Awesome as Egg and Aemon were, doesn't excuse all those family members of theirs who lorded the "blood of the dragon" over everyone and everything.

So racism and beliefs of superiority are okay so long as there a couple of "likable" members in an extended family? Awesome as Egg and Aemon were, doesn't excuse all those family members of theirs who lorded the "blood of the dragon" over everyone and everything.

You've kind of missed the point i'm afraid. I wasn't trying to apologize or excuse any of House Targereyans acts or behavior.

I hate Aeron Damphair and the High Sparrow irrationally just because they are zealots but not for the Old Gods of the north. It doesn't make sense because I don't worship the Old Gods but I hate their self-righteous BS even though they're humans like everyone else. Though I will admit, I started to like the Sparrow some after he humiliated Cersei.

Yes, I agree. Not a particular fan of religious zealotry but I don't consider your feelings here particularly irrational. History is filled with examples that would support a dislike for characters such as these. I personally find the HS to be especially repulsive.

I'm not too keen on Jorah myself, but how is he a Nice Guy? Maybe I've got my definitions wrong but isn't a "Nice Guy" a guy who acts all entitled to a girl and then turns nasty when he gets turned down? Seems to me Jorah's remains at Dany's side despite being rejected. Not that the entitled slaver is a particularly great guy, I just don't think that particular flaw can be levied at him.

I consider Jorah to be her best advisor actually, but considering who she is surrounded with that isn't saying a whole lot.

Your example is part of being a Nice Guy but there is more there that made me use the term. He resented the presence of both Barry and Daario despite and comes across as rather immature there. The crowning piece is when Dany learns about his treachery and he refuses to accept responsibility for it.

Archived