Confessions (reborn!) 5.0

RenlyIsNotRight

I used to like Asha, but I'm becoming a bit more lukewarm towards her. She just falls a bit flat, in all honesty. At times she reads like some neckbeard's wet dream of what an empowered badass Xena-Westeros-crossover chick should be like, which I think is pretty damn flawed. There are many movies with leading action heroines, but they're written in a way so that they have no conceivable flaws, which is just a product of poor writing that attempts to create strong female characters, but sacrifices realism in doing so. Not saying Asha fits this mold, but there are a couple of times where I felt this way about her.

I dunno. I didnt get that impression of Asha, because initially, she came off as hella dickish. It wasnt until ADWD that i began to like her. She is rather flawed. Shes super arrogant and her POVs seem to reflect on how shes starting to not be so damn in-your-face. Shes also rather stubborn. Her Ironborn nature gives way to some LEERY JENKINS!!! moments too. I think Asha is written well for her archetype. In the hands of a lesser author, she would be the Xena.

Theres a guy i see in my supermarket that looks so much like GRRM, i do a double take. Every time! Right down to the suspenders on occasion. The difference is the dude i see is taller and has a longer face. But goddamn.

I find Barristan a blithering yes-man. He provides us with some interesting insight, but what it all boils down to is "My King/Queen Right or Wrong" and that gets annoying. Even Davos opposes things Stannis posits.

Perfect desciption Flo.

I confess that during rereads that I find Arya's AGOT chapters to be as if not more annoying then Sansa's chapters. Simply, as it feels like George is repeatedly poking me in the ribs and asking me if I love Arya yet all through her chapters.

I confess that when people praise Asha as being extremely intelligent and some badass character that I feel like I am missing something, in how she reads as a completely mediocre character whose only aspect that I care about is the actions going on around her and not her as an individual.

I confess that the possibility of Sansa/Tyrion being an end game absolutely depresses me and more then anything I hope that doesn't occur.

Agree on Arya. Although I greatly enjoy her chapters in the next two books.

As to Asha, I don't like the bad-ass fighter chick aspect of her much. But, it's precisely because she isn't over the top like her uncles that makes me enjoy her so much. Her first chapter in Dance was a real pleasure to read.

Tyrion and Sansa makes me vomit in my mouth. It reads like a Nice Guy fantasy in the worst possible way. If they end up together, I'll lost a lot of respect for Martin as a writer.

I confess I don't understand davos hate. Is it just to be hip and edgy?

He's a genuinely good person who loves his family. So, I guess what I'm saying is I dunno.

I confess that I find George's hat and suspender combo particularly awesome and I wish that I could meet him just so I could tell him that.

He has his own superhero outfit.

I don't either. Criticizing Ser Barry the Not so Bold is a hobby of mine.

No Barristan hate allowed \(OnO)/

I confess that I love Barristan so much because he is the kind of grandpa-protector everyone should have in their lives.

I confess I feel extreme amount of pity and sympathy for Lysa and Robin that I feel offended when individuals talk about how much they hate them.

I confess that despite hating what he did to poor Lysa, that I still love Hoster and want to learn more about him as an individual.

I confess I have a severe dislike to both - the first because she's a total self-serving bitch who apparently has no sense of sisterly love or loyalty at all (as a sister who is super close with her little sis, Lysa's actions are incomprehensible and inexcusable to me), the second because he's such a spoiled baby, and both because they're just annoying people.

I also confess that pushing Lysa out of the Moon Door and slowly poisoning Robert Arryn made me love LF

I confess I don't understand davos hate. Is it just to be hip and edgy?

I confess that neither do I. How can you hate Davos? He's the personification of all that is awesome and good and honest and just amazing. Plus his house sigil is an onion.

I confess that I would like Stannis if he didn't kill Renly via shadowbby - I wouldn't even have cared if he killed Renly in battle, it is solely the via shadowbby part that really really bothers me. You don't murder your little brother and, if you must murder him, that's not how you do it. I'm also vaguely bothered by the fact that Melisandre's blood magic thing might be partially responsible for the RW.

I think the Others will cross the Wall, but the reason is because of the NW. I think the Black Gate gives us an insight on why the Others cant cross. Theres some sort of magical ward there that ties in with the NW oaths. Hence why Sam could pass but Coldhands and the others couldnt open that gate. But it really only seems to keep out the Others. The wildlings can climb the Wall. They can get around the wards. But since the Wall seemed to be erected to keep out the Others particularly and the NW's founding seemed to revolve around that as well, i think they cant cross unless the NW dissolves. Perhaps thats what the Horn of Joramun does. It sends the Wall "crashing down" by dispelling the ward. But as things look, the Horn may not be needed due to the NW crumbling as it is.

:tantrum: No one is allowed to hate Davos! :commie: D:<

hehehe

Is this your first confessions thread?

Different character same context~ It was a joke Kitty hence the derpy emote =v=

No Barristan hate allowed \(OnO)/

I confess that I love Barristan so much because he is the kind of grandpa-protector everyone should have in their lives.

I confess that I am completely ambivalent to Barristan besides that I hope the Harpy kills him, but other then that he just exists in my opinion and doesn't occupy much thought besides that.

I confess that I think Arthur Dayne isn't honorable as he abandoned his king and because he attempted to kill completely innocent Ned when the latter came to the Tower of Joy in hopes of rescuing his sister.

I confess that even though I love Dany, I kind of wanted to see Drogon die in the pit and see what would happen afterwards.

I still confess that I believe that Drogon should have been put down by Dany.

I confess that I am completely ambivalent to Barristan besides that I hope the Harpy kills him, but other then that he just exists in my opinion and doesn't occupy much thought besides that.

I confess that I think Arthur Dayne isn't honorable as he abandoned his king and because he attempted to kill completely innocent Ned when the latter came to the Tower of Joy in hopes of rescuing his sister.

I confess that I wouldn't mind if Ser Barristan dies - I would be sad but it would make too much sense

I confess that that ToJ scene never made sense to me and always reminds me of FF battle sequences where all the heroes and villains line up facing each other doing the "bounce bounce all ready for battle" animation while epic music plays and that it plays out exactly like one in my head

I confess that I should be working on chapter II of my Dany reread thread but I'm procrastinating ... (~ T3T)~

I also confess that I wish there were emojicon options in the forums~

I confess that SanSan gives me the hibbiegibbes.

I confess I sometimes put on a pretty dress and walk around the house pretending to be Arienne.

I confess that I think the Dusky Woman was secretly helping Vic's gangrene along. It's the kind of think I would do if I found myself a sex slave.

I confess I hope Damphair gets eaten by a squid.

I confess I want an Other to have a POV. (prologue/epilogue is fine)

I confess I want an Other to have a POV. (prologue/epilogue is fine)

I confess that when I read that the first thought that popped in my head was "BRAIIIIIIIIINS"

Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry if I was unclear~

I confess that I like San/San, though I am by no means determined that they need to have a romantic relationship. Instead, I just want them to meet again and have some type of relationship be it romantic or platonic with him acting as her sworn shield.

I confess that I never had a negative reaction to Catelyn's arresting of Tyrion, in how in my first read it came off as a badass moment and only turned out for the worst. While, in my rereads I understand perfectly why she had to do what she did.

I confess that I think the TOJ Kingsguard are terrible Kingsguard and idiots and I feel all the praise that they get is ridiculous. They were probably plotting against Aerys, which actually makes them treasonous not that people shouldn't plot against the Mad King, but that isn't even my biggest grief.

I understand that you are obligated to listen to the Prince, but when that obligation conflicts with the main vow. You should probably go with the main vow. A civil war is ravaging the land. Your King has essentially caused a war and in the event of failure will likely be murdered. What do you do? You stay and watch over the prince's pregnant lover/mistress/wife. No, you follow the main vow.

No only that but when there are only seven Kingsguard and almost half are watching one person who the King doesn't even know about you have a problem. There are only four left to guard the King's family of five. 2 of the Kingsguard could potentially be of unknown loyalty, Jaime Lannister and Lewyn Martell. Standard procedure would also be the Kingsguard going into battle and having to leave the King's side. Hell, if Jaime wasn't a hostage. There might not have been any Kingsguard left to attend Aerys.

I totally understand leaving one, but three and no one said hey that's not right. Rant over.

He's a genuinely good person who loves his family. So, I guess what I'm saying is I dunno.

Yeah, crazy times we live in I suppose.

I confess that neither do I. How can you hate Davos? He's the personification of all that is awesome and good and honest and just amazing. Plus his house sigil is an onion.

I agree so so much. That being said...

I confess that I would like Stannis if he didn't kill Renly via shadowbby - I wouldn't even have cared if he killed Renly in battle, it is solely the via shadowbby part that really really bothers me. You don't murder your little brother and, if you must murder him, that's not how you do it. I'm also vaguely bothered by the fact that Melisandre's blood magic thing might be partially responsible for the RW.

I confess, I can explain this and make it all ok. But this isnt the place, so I wont, there's always next time though. See you in the next stannis thread.

Davos hate is en vogue?

I confess I'm out of touch with the times...

Its ok brah brah, im out of touch as well I guess.

I confess, I kinda wish daario did not have such gaudy swords, it would make being a fan of his that much easier.

Archived