Asoiaf Tattoos

Rhasgul

Ahahaha peterbound, now you're sounding like a hipster. Only cool to like something before it gets famous, eh? ;)

You cut me deep on that one Min.. you cut me deep.

And Blah, tried to find the Hipster thread from so many years ago... apparently my google-fu isn't as strong as it once was.

As an oldster who was never a hipster, I was never interested in tattoos myself, though some of my kids have them, and I don't give them grief over it. I was (and still am) a nerd who was teased mercilessly by both the jocks on the one hand and the hipsters on the other. Our group, such as it was, called ourselves the "outies" meaning that we were ostracized by every other group and therefore formed our own group of outsiders. We did strange things like ride bicycles when other people were getting cars. We played chess, read Tolkien, and built models, and (yes) even made crude fantasy coins. So from my perspective I applaud anyone for following their passion, whatever it may be. If it involves getting tattoos, then more power to you. No regrets. The future awaits.

As an oldster who was never a hipster, I was never interested in tattoos myself, though some of my kids have them, and I don't give them grief over it. I was (and still am) a nerd who was teased mercilessly by both the jocks on the one hand and the hipsters on the other. Our group, such as it was, called ourselves the "outies" meaning that we were ostracized by every other group and therefore formed our own group of outsiders. We did strange things like ride bicycles when other people were getting cars. We played chess, read Tolkien, and built models, and (yes) even made crude fantasy coins. So from my perspective I applaud anyone for following their passion, whatever it may be. If it involves getting tattoos, then more power to you. No regrets. The future awaits.

THIS :bowdown:

Well said, ser. I wish more people shared your outlook.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'll have one soon and will post it when I get the chance..

My daughter, Khaleesi, wil join the world in less than a month and I'm giving myself a tattoo of her name and footprints.

...Might add in the Targaryan crest as well...still debating on it.

(I'm a tat artist..=-P )

That's cool about getting a tattoo in honor of your daughter being born, but you're not really going to name your daughter Khaleesi... are you?

Yes I am (we are)..lol =-)

It was decided before we ever saw any episodes of the show, and we had only read through book 2....we just liked the title as a name.

I went to school with 12 other people with the same first name as me in my class year, and it was similar for my wife...we wanted something uncommon.

(though now with the GRRM popularity boom, I'm sure more Khaleesis will spring forth into the world, but we like the name and aren't going to change it.)

For short....she/we also have the options of calling her Kallie or Lisey.

=-)

Any day now in the next few weeks! =-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

...please don't call her Khaleesi...I promise she will hate you for it

Too Late...! =-)

.....Wife had to have hers done first...so it took awhile to get around to doing mine....plus, had to do it left handed and well...THAT was fun!

Anyhoo....here's the pics, step by step :

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/b86ba11eab.jpg

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/eba9aeeaa4.jpg

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/a2a462be56.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, You have a made up language, from a fantasy book, that says you will serve someone's will tattooed on your fucking forearms? Tell me again how this was 'thought out'?

That's even worse than a goddamn wolf howling at the moon.

you ser,

are being a troll, and sadly i don't think you're doing it intentionally. you serve no purpose.

by the way, im sure having asoiaf ink is more meaningful than those permanent regrets you piss and moan about. all my tattoos tell a story and though some aren't great i still appreciate each of them. quit being such a fuckin cynic

you ser,

are being a troll, and sadly i don't think you're doing it intentionally. you serve no purpose.

by the way, im sure having asoiaf ink is more meaningful than those permanent regrets you piss and moan about. all my tattoos tell a story and though some aren't great i still appreciate each of them. quit being such a fuckin cynic

I'm not being a troll here. I'm trying to talk some sense into you. This is a horrible idea.

Not as bad as your use of the English language, but it is a bad idea.

My purpose: to make you reconsider, or put more thought into this little adventure. You're choosing a cheese dick, ugly path, and it's one you'll regret.

I'm not being a troll here. I'm trying to talk some sense into you. This is a horrible idea.

Not as bad as your use of the English language, but it is a bad idea.

My purpose: to make you reconsider, or put more thought into this little adventure. You're choosing a cheese dick, ugly path, and it's one you'll regret.

awh.

you must be unhappy with your life.

but don't let me stop you on your quest to become the kewlest poster on the interwebs.

your narcissism is so trendy.

awh.

you must be unhappy with your life.

but don't let me stop you on your quest to become the kewlest poster on the interwebs.

your narcissism is so trendy.

Unhappy. Fella, I'm the happiest dude I know.

You're just bring silly. I'm trying to give you some goddamn good advice here.

or maybe you're just being a pretentious bag of dicks

Or, and this I think is the correct option, you're being a foolish child.

Ya… let's go with that one.

Let me frame this for you again. You got a tattoo of something you've been a fan of for maybe a year. What happens when the 'next big thing' comes along in your life? You gonna get that awesome COD tattoo, or are you going to celebrate you love of cheetos with Chester plastered on your chest?

This fandom is a fleeting thing, and one that will be passé in a few years. Like I stated above, this type of shit will be the tribal tattoo of the 90's. Kewl at the time, douchey as shit now (but lets admit it.. it was douchey then.)

Archived