Arya is the Valonqar

Joshua Ozersky

Arya is a girl. Valonqar means brother. So, no, I do not think Arya can be the valonqar.

4) What if the curly-haired, 4 golden dragon corpse in the House of B & W was Tyrek Lannister? That would be a great cover. But then we go back to the definition of Valonqar. Does it mean, "little sibling" or does it mean, "little family member?" Can she acquire more faces without the help of the Kindly Old Man?

I never heard of that idea, but seems like a good catch. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you support the idea that there's no separation between male and female in Valyrian, and that Valonqar can be mean both "little brother" OR "little sister", then there's something interesting in the text that I picked up on a re-read..

In many Jon and Arya chapters there comes the line of "He used to muss up my hair and call me 'little sister'"

that phrase repeats itself in many of their chapters, it could mean nothing though..

Personally I support the idea that Cersei will be choked to death by Tyrion's necklance shaped as hands holding one another, the one that he had made for himself when he was Hand of the King, and which he choked Shae with. The killer in that case could be anyone.

Archived