Trying to Dissect Characters' Dreams and Visions(may contain spoilers)

MidnightAurora

I am reading ASOS and loving it and it has a lot of characters' dreams and visions in it and I was trying to dissect them. I was thinking Dany's HOTU vision where she sees a wall cracked and a blue flower blossom from it might be something more than Jon. I was thinking at first the dream could mean Jon and that he is being pulled in many directions and that he is cracked maybe in his vows, but he arises anew whole and stronger with a new self. Now, I am thinking the wall being cracked is the NW itself as it is manly manned by those less honorable than the men who manned it before who actually volunteered to take the Black like many Starks. I think it is Jon who is meant to heal the Wall/NW and make it whole and strong again. I thought this after reading what happens to Mormont. What do you think??

Other dreams/visions are welcomed from the first three books (nothing from the next two please) and analyzes/theories welcomed.

• 8 months later...

I am interested in an interpretation of Jamie's fever dream when he is leaving Harrenhall and they stop for the night (chapter 44 ASOS). "Naked and alone he stood, surrounded by enemies with stone walls pressing close.The Rock, he knew. He could feel the immense weight of it above his head. He was home. He was home and he was whole".

It continues for 8 pages with lots of symbolism. Would love some insight from some council members.

I am interested in an interpretation of Jamie's fever dream when he is leaving Harrenhall and they stop for the night (chapter 44 ASOS). "Naked and alone he stood, surrounded by enemies with stone walls pressing close.The Rock, he knew. He could feel the immense weight of it above his head. He was home. He was home and he was whole".

It continues for 8 pages with lots of symbolism. Would love some insight from some council members.

There are several ways to look at Jaime's dream. It could be that the dream signifies that Jaime is slowly transforming.

It could also be that this is foreshadowing that Jaime will end up in danger, and only Brienne can safe him. It is also possible that Brienne represents the danger Jaime is in.

It doesn't necessarily have to be one of the three. It could very well be all three. Jaime is changing slowly. And (spoilers for Feast and Dance)

Brienne being the danger Jaime is in, and being the only one who can safe him from danger, could very well become true in Winds, as answer to the cliffhanger in Dance

I am reading ASOS and loving it and it has a lot of characters' dreams and visions in it and I was trying to dissect them. I was thinking Dany's HOTU vision where she sees a wall cracked and a blue flower blossom from it might be something more than Jon. I was thinking at first the dream could mean Jon and that he is being pulled in many directions and that he is cracked maybe in his vows, but he arises anew whole and stronger with a new self. Now, I am thinking the wall being cracked is the NW itself as it is manly manned by those less honorable than the men who manned it before who actually volunteered to take the Black like many Starks. I think it is Jon who is meant to heal the Wall/NW and make it whole and strong again. I thought this after reading what happens to Mormont. What do you think??

Other dreams/visions are welcomed from the first three books (nothing from the next two please) and analyzes/theories welcomed.

If you want a very (very) detailed analysis of the blue rose in the Wall, drop by in the current R+L=J thread, where there are people who can explain it much better than I ever could. Their explanation has something to do with Jon being represented by blue roses, indicated in several moments (Lyanna holding the blue roses as she died would represent Jons birth being what killed her; Rhaegar putting the crown of blue roses in Lyanna's lap would symbolyse him impregnating her; the blue rose at the Wall would prepresent Jon).

You might be on to something with the significance of the Wall being cracked, but I can't say more about that without spoiling about Dance, and I'm not sure if you've read it yet, seeing as you are posting in the still reading thread.

Should you drop by on the R+L=J thread, do mention you have yet to read the last two books. That prevents you being spoiled :)

Archived