Sandor Clegane and Him attempting thr "rescue" the Stark girls

MidnightAurora

It took fire on the Blackwater for the Hound to get scared enough and state enough of this and the Lannister bunch and he attempted to take Sansa with him. After some more reading, I think she should have but understand that he scared her so much with words that she would not listen also the fact that his face repulsed her. The Hound obviously likes Sansa, but did nothing to help her aside from him not hitting her and it took the wildfire for him to wake up enough to even attempt to rescue her. If Sansa, did go with him do you think he would have succeeded in getting out of KL and also back to her family like he stated or would he have lied and tried to "marry her"? I also think the Hound was soften by Sansa and the song and trying to understand the meaning of the discarded soiled white cloak. The Hound technically stole Arya like the Brotherhood did, but unlike the BWOB who went all the way to find the Lightning Lord for a decision that they would ransom her. Duh.. Couldn't they have sent someone to Riverrun ahead of time like Tom to let her family know she is alive?? It seems like the Hound is rushing to get Arya back to her mother more so than anyone else. Yoren never truly got a chance, but I would bet he would have succeeded in getting her safe at least to Jon. The Hound also lies as well as tells the truth, but when talking to Arya it is clear he wants to kills his brother and that is why he would not let anyone harm him because he wants to have the pleasure himself. He figured his brother did not have eyes to know what type of prize he had in his hands, but it seemed at this point he needed Arya to trust him some and so he told her the truth about her sister yet he did it with a snarl tone like he always does. He hates knights, but when talking to Arya he is dreaming of how Robb would making him a lordling and take him into his service. I have been trying to come up with why the Hound would want to be made a lord or be in the Service of a Satrk with all the things he has done. He has stated he does not make oaths, vows and hates knights because they lie, so why would he return Arya in hopes of getting into Robb's service?

If the Hound could be trusted he could be a useful tool as he knows the ins and outs of the Lannisters and his brother and could fight well. He could also be a well placed spy to return to KL for Robb, but no doubt he has useful intel Robb could use. Would you trust the Hound into your service? Can he be trusted? Would he have fought for Robb if he and Arya made it on time? Why do you think The Hound has a soft spot for both girls? I think it is more love for Sansa, but not sure with Arya. At this point he is not thinking of much of gold than wanting into Robb's service and if he did not he would take all the gold he could carry. I still cannot like Sandor, but I am beginning to respect him more.

Three questions to pose... Why does Sandor want to be in Robb's service besides Robb needs him as that can already be seen on many levels. 2) Why do you think he has such a soft spot for the Stark girls.. Does he use his mean demeanor to mask his feelings for them or is that just his style or he has no other way of showing his feelings? 3.) If Sandor arrived on time or before hand with Arya do you think that Sandor would have told Robb intel, fought to protect Robb to show his true intentions, or what do you think he would have done?

I do not like Sandor, but I am coming to respect him.

Sandor helps the Northmen fight his brother and such and I think that he means well, but he always mucks himself up by telling them honest things and such about himself and then threatens them etc.. (which at this point I think are empty threats), but the girls do not know so they do not trust him. I would like to see what would have happened if either one would have trusted him.

I think he can be trusted, he seemed like a blind puppet to Joffrey before he met Sansa. He was bullied and looked down opon his whole life. With that he feels sorry for how Sansa was being treated by Joffrey and fell in love with her. Remember most of the women he would have dealt with would have looked down on him, people like Cersei etc. I think Sansa made a huge mistake in not going with him, I think he would have done anything for her unlike anyone else in KL's. I think after Blackwater he found a purpose and that is why he wants to help the Stark girls. All he has to live for is them and to get revenge on his brother.

I think he can be trusted, he seemed like a blind puppet to Joffrey before he met Sansa. He was bullied and looked down opon his whole life. With that he feels sorry for how Sansa was being treated by Joffrey and fell in love with her. Remember most of the women he would have dealt with would have looked down on him, people like Cersei etc. I think Sansa made a huge mistake in not going with him, I think he would have done anything for her unlike anyone else in KL's. I think after Blackwater he found a purpose and that is why he wants to help the Stark girls. All he has to live for is them and to get revenge on his brother.

I agree Sansa should have gone with him and actually wanted her to, but I think his threats with all what she had been through rang true in her mind so she could not see the genuineness to him. I think the Blackwater, being close to fire woke him up again and he attempted to do the right thing and again at the Twins. I would have liked to see what would have happened if he came a day early or so and Robb had seen Arya.. I can speculate on the outcome.

With Mycah he stated he did what was commanded of him.. The Houund does his duty, but takes no joy in anything. I think the Stark girls like you say may have given him a spark of life as they did not bulk at him/his face and maybe he thought he could garnish respect/loyalty for bringing home something of worth to the Starks.

Archived