Game of Thrones Pub Quiz, London, Monday 16th September (new date)

UPDATE UPDATE - the second date has also sold out now, but there's a third scheduled for Monday 16th September.

UPDATE - the original quiz is sold out, but they're apparently running a second date on Monday 19th August.

I noticed a link today on the Westeros Facebook page to this Game of Thrones-themed pub quiz in Camden next Monday. It's a bit short notice, but I wondered if anyone was interested in forming a team for it? Some of us went to a similar quiz in Belfast last year and it was good fun.

Could be fun if we can get enough people together.

Though I notice it doesn't say anything about being a team based quiz, it just says entry is £2 per person. Might be worth finding out if we can enter as a team and how many people we need for that, how many can we fit into a booth?

The venue has a page for the quiz on their website.

The Londonist website now says:

Update 24 July: this proved very popular and is now sold out. However, a second date has been scheduled for 19 August…same contact details as below.

There's no mention of this on the Monarch's own website, so I've e-mailed them to double-check. If it was the 19th August instead would people want to come along to that? I think that date should be OK for me.

Though I notice it doesn't say anything about being a team based quiz, it just says entry is £2 per person. Might be worth finding out if we can enter as a team and how many people we need for that, how many can we fit into a booth?

Pub Quizzes are traditionally done in teams, aren't they? I don't think I've heard of one that forced everyone to enter individually.

Sounds interesting, does anyone know if the quiz is based on the books or the tv show

According to one of the comments on the Londonist website it's based on the TV show.

I've had a reply from the Monarch and they confirmed that the July date is sold out, but there's a new date on the 19th August. Would people be OK with that alternative date?

I've also asked them about team sizes.

I'll be around in London on leave then and it sounds like fun. The only spanner in the works is that the preceding friday I'll be getting my eyes blasted with a laser and may not be recovered by monday. Put me down as a provisional yes.

Apparently the August date has now also sold out, unfortunately. I think this may be an indication of how popular this Game of Thrones thing has become over the past couple of years.

They say there'll be another quiz on Monday 16th September, although perhaps that will also sell out quickly. Anyone interested in that, assuming we can get enough people for a team before that one sells out?

Archived