from GRRM's blog: Jeyne Westerling and other characters in TWoW

AccusedSinner

I thought the television show put an end to any notions of Jeyne being pregnant....but maybe not?

I don't think Jeyne's pregnant. She's too distraught at her mother when that old hag says something like "I made sure she wouldn't end up pregnant" to Jaime.

But I def' think that she still has some role to play. She really loved Robb, and hate her family (well, at least her mother) for what happened.

I don't think Jeyne's pregnant. She's too distraught at her mother when that old hag says something like "I made sure she wouldn't end up pregnant" to Jaime.

But I def' think that she still has some role to play. She really loved Robb, and hate her family (well, at least her mother) for what happened.

I agree, she totally loved Robb. But absent an heir for the North (I never thought she pregnant despite the theories) what role could she possibly play in avenging Robb. The Lannisters and Freys are already marked for destruction. She could be in league with the Black fish in some way.

I agree, she totally loved Robb. But absent an heir for the North (I never thought she pregnant despite the theories) what role could she possibly play in avenging Robb. The Lannisters and Freys are already marked for destruction. She could be in league with the Black fish in some way.

I have a funny feeling that the BwB might rescue her from the Lannister troops and UnCat will think she was in league with the Lannisters and kill her which would be pretty tragic, but would show how different Cat is now.

I think the pregnant theory involves her escaping with the Blackfish and the "distraught" Jeyne is in fact her sister. One of the main bits of evidence for this is the difference in hip size between the Jeyne Cat describes and the one Jaime sees. So if she is pregnant I don't think she needs much rescuing.

So a user posted this comment to GRRM's blog about the video of all the characters that died in the show thus far, where GRRM commented that some characters may be dying that are still alive in the books:

Does this mean you don't plan to use any of those that died in the TV show and not in the books ?

To which GRRM replied:

Not at all. If they are alive in the books, they are alive in the books, and may well turn up again. Irri (and Jhiqui) is still serving as Dany's handmaid, Rakharo remains one of her bloodriders, Mago will definitely show up again. You will learn the fate of Pyat Pree in WINDS. The Thirteen are still one of the factions contending for power in Qarth. You may see more of Alayaya and Chataya as well, and you will definitely hear more of Jeyne Westerling.

Many of these are minor characters, but we know GRRM has said before that he wished the show hadn't killed Mago because he still has an important role to play. He says here that Mago will "definitely show up again." The other character where GRRM adds emphasis of their future appearances with the word "definitely" is Jeyne Westerling, that we will "definitely hear more" of her. To me, this read like she has a big role yet to play. Now I've never been one to subscribe to the notion that she is carrying Robb's child, but this certainly makes me think that she's not quietly exiting stage left, either (after Feast and the show killing off her counterpart I was starting to think she would just fade into obscurity). Thoughts?

So a user posted this comment to GRRM's blog about the video of all the characters that died in the show thus far, where GRRM commented that some characters may be dying that are still alive in the books:

To which GRRM replied:

Many of these are minor characters, but we know GRRM has said before that he wished the show hadn't killed Mago because he still has an important role to play. He says here that Mago will "definitely show up again." The other character where GRRM adds emphasis of their future appearances with the word "definitely" is Jeyne Westerling, that we will "definitely hear more" of her. To me, this read like she has a big role yet to play. Now I've never been one to subscribe to the notion that she is carrying Robb's child, but this certainly makes me think that she's not quietly exiting stage left. Thoughts?

She obviously wasn't just going to disappear without another reference in the books. She was the Queen of the North, after all. So we will definitely hear more about her.

That doesn't mean that she's carrying Robb's child.

B&W know the general direction of the story/major plot points, which tells me that even though Jeyne may be around, she probably isn't carrying a little King in the North in her belly.

Could Martin change his mind? Sure. But while I don't doubt that Jeyne will be brought up again (possibly with an interesting story line--I'm all for finding out what she's up to), I do doubt this means she's preggers.

Or who knows, maybe she'll turn up 8 months pregnant and then get stabbed repeatedly in the stomach.

I suppose it could lend more credibility to the idea that the Blackfish smuggled her out of Riverrun. Or did Martin basically shoot that down in another interview, I can't remember.

Theory: She's the younger more beautiful queen that will cast Cersei down.

She's certainly younger, "more beautifu" is subjective, and unlike that long list of other possibilities, she's a queen in her own right.

And if Cersei were to head back to the Rock, they would be in the same neighborhood, in theory.

Archived