Ned's letter given to Varys

This is my first post but I have been reading these posts for awhile. I'm becoming more and more convinced as I read posts that Jon Snow may be the son of Ned's sister and the Ragar Targarian pardon my spelling if it is wrong. I wonder if the letter Ned gave to Varys while locked up at King's Landing may have been the proof of this and I'm a little rusty was the letter going to his bannermen the Reids? I saw that the show made no mention of Rob making Jon Snow his Heir but the book did. Wouldn't this theory make Jon being named the heir not needed as he would be heir anyways as the last known survivng male Stark heir but also last surviving male Targarian heir? Could this have been Ned's "nuclear option" if things went really bad? It would be nice if the next book would shed some light on the development with the letter.

Many people (me included) believe in R+L=J.

It's ever mentioned to whom Ned would have sent the letter. He asks Varys if he'd read the letter, and when Varys says yes, I'd read it, Ned decides not to write it.

Also, Jon is not a true Stark according to the common belief in Westeros so he can't inherit anything unless one of the King's legitimizes him.

Archived