Lightbringer theory

So this theory is going off the premise that Jon Snow is in fact Azor Ahai. Now I am not theorizing which sword lightbringer really is but for the sword itself to be reignited, I believe that Lady Stonehart will have to be slain. Beric Dondarrion gave his life for hers, well the same can apply for the sword's "life". Once slain, fire ignite and lightbringer will be back. Part two, I will sumrise that the sword Dawn is really Lightbringer but that is just speculation on my part.. not that the first part isn't.. but yeah

Comment away

In my opinion your halfway right.

Jon is definitely Azor Ahai, but I deeply believe that it would be Daenerys whose death will ignite the Lightbringer (prophecy of the three - three mounts, three betrayals, three fires). Which means that Jon and Dany have to met in TWoW or ADoS, fall in love, and then BAM!

Hope Jon won't survive this war either.

It seems that you need sacrifice someone you love for LB to works.

And apparently Jon has little warm feelings for Mel.

I still believes that last treason and last fire from Undying Prophecy refers to Dany as an ultimate sacrifice.

PS. Mel can be solution for most recent problems of Jon...

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion your halfway right.

Jon is definitely Azor Ahai, but I deeply believe that it would be Daenerys whose death will ignite the Lightbringer (prophecy of the three - three mounts, three betrayals, three fires). Which means that Jon and Dany have to met in TWoW or ADoS, fall in love, and then BAM!

Hope Jon won't survive this war either.

The three betrayals that daenerys targaryen will face are for blood (maegi mirri maz duur), love (Jorah Mormont) and gold... I don't see Jon Snow fitting into that prediction because she has already faced that betrayal...Its also against the Jon Snow character to sell out Dany for gold...I'm not saying your wrong, but I just don't see that happening...keep in mind I haven't finish adwd yet and hell anything can happen in this series..but thats my two cents

The three betrayals that daenerys targaryen will face are for blood (maegi mirri maz duur), love (Jorah Mormont) and gold... I don't see Jon Snow fitting into that prediction because she has already faced that betrayal...Its also against the Jon Snow character to sell out Dany for gold...I'm not saying your wrong, but I just don't see that happening...keep in mind I haven't finish adwd yet and hell anything can happen in this series..but thats my two cents

I doubt that Dany has experienced any of predicted betrayals.. well, maybe that one for blood... and if you haven't finished books I won't spoil, there might be some other predicted betrayal, however I very doubt that one for love is about Jorah Mormont.

Of all the theory's I like the idea that mellisadre will help "ignite" lightbringer. Of all the priests I feel like mel is a powerful being ( and in a gandalf style mission has to rid the world of evil ) and actually has power and will. Do everything to banish the great other. But .....I'm not sure lightbringer is a swor maybe a person that'll have the power to kill others. Or just the fact that the last hero maybe is azor didn't he have like 1000 followers. Maybe it's that ; followers and dragon glass.

• 4 weeks later...

I've always considered Jorah Mormont to be the betrayal for gold and not love. Seeing as he was hired to spy originally.

I also thought this way until I realised Jorah betrayed her for love of his home and his family. He betrayed her before he fell in love with her himself.

He was not really promised gold but promised that he would be pardoned and could return home.

I don't think so. The order matters.
Three stallions: first to bed - Drogo, second to dread - obviously Drogon who is Balerion Reborn, and third for love.

Three treasons: first for blood - Mirri, second for gold - (many possibilities, but I think it hasn't happened yet), third for love.

Three fires: for live - Drogo funeral, for dead - possibility fire of Dragon wroth, and for love.

It goes in threes. Three first are abviously connected, and I suppose second ones will be also, and third one definitely.

And I've got a feeling the final treason is Dany becoming Nyssa Nyssa.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh. Several theories here I have not pondered.

Especially that Dany must be Nyssa Nyssa this time to temper Lightbringer. What if the dragons tempered LB with their fire (wild speculation).

But LB as a person or power. That would mean in addition to AA, there is another?

I am not convinced that Mel derives her power from the Red God. She does a lot of sorcery with shadows. All that business about the Dark, and she performs her greatest magic in the dark. She may be well-intentioned, but I do not trust her. Davos and I agree on that. If Mel is Nyssa Nyssa, doesn't it mean AA must love her. If Jon, can that be? Stannis doesn't seem the type to fall in love with anything but the iron throne. Mel has flamed two swords - one that burned to muck on Dragonstone, and this new one that has no heat. I am not sure what that means...she made a mistake in believing Stannis was AA, or she is playing with trick and powders. I am sorry that she is at the Wall.

I mean no disrespect, but I find it hard to believe that after all that Dany has been through (and she's not even made it to Westeros), she would allow herself to be killed for a sword.

The way I see it, Jorah was for gold. He was an informant to the IT to get his land and titles back. Land = money = gold, no? Just a theory but that can definitely open up Jon Snow for the love betrayal.

Edit- additionally, he stopped betraying dany because he loves her

Ned's sword Ice was re-forged into two separate swords Oathkeeper (given to Jamie by Tywin, then to Brienne by Jamie) and Widows Wail (given to Joffrey by Tywin, then inherited by Tommen)

Given the name of this series (A Song of Ice and Fire), I think that Lightbringer will be "reborn" when Oathkeeper and Widows Wail are re-forged into one sword

Ned's sword Ice was re-forged into two separate swords Oathkeeper (given to Jamie by Tywin, then to Brienne by Jamie) and Widows Wail (given to Joffrey by Tywin, then inherited by Tommen)

Given the name of this series (A Song of Ice and Fire), I think that Lightbringer will be "reborn" when Oathkeeper and Widows Wail are re-forged into one sword

Now there is something to think about.

I've always considered Jorah Mormont to be the betrayal for gold and not love. Seeing as he was hired to spy originally.

Then there's Daario, of course, who would fit the love betrayalk far better as Dany loves him (or lusts him in any case). The assumption is that the love comes from the betrayer but maybe it will eb more of a betrayal because of her own feelings.

Archived