Small questions v.10010

Angalin

If all the Martells die but a married Mrycella Baratheon lives, is she the ruler of Dorne? Wait, actually is she going to become Mrycella Martell?

I don't think so,Blood right doesn't pass through marriage.

So it should go to a cousin of the Martells or something,that is unless she has a kid.

If all the Martells die but a married Mrycella Baratheon lives, is she the ruler of Dorne? Wait, actually is she going to become Mrycella Martell?

It would depend on many, many things. If her family were to win and keep the throne, and she was grown, with a Martell child, then yes, she run Dorne until it grew up. As a child, not likely.

Let's not forget that as long as she is officially Myrcella Baratheon (the only scenario where I can imagine her marriage to Trystane proceeding) she is not without a Martell claim via her Targaryen great-grandmother, whose own great-grandmother was Myriah Martell. While it seems a tenuous relationship, she might just end up being one of those cousins Morienthar mentions above.

Let's not forget that as long as she is officially Myrcella Baratheon (the only scenario where I can imagine her marriage to Trystane proceeding) she is not without a Martell claim via her Targaryen great-grandmother, whose own great-grandmother was Myriah Martell. While it seems a tenuous relationship, she might just end up being one of those cousins Morienthar mentions above.

Doran has an uncle (or cousin?) as castellan of Sunspear, so I suppose he is next in line if Doran, Arianne and Trystan die.

Doran has an uncle (or cousin?) as castellan of Sunspear, so I suppose he is next in line if Doran, Arianne and Trystan die.

True, cousin Manfrey. He may hail from a branch that split off before the Targ marriages (using generational math, it's possible to predict that Doran is only three generations from Maron Martell and Daenerys Targaryen) or he may be closer. My point was that Myrcella has a claim, not that it's the best one. Let's face it- she's not actually a Baratheon at all, a fact I can't see being ignored forever. And if fAegon succeeds in being accepted as Elia's son, he will be the next in line, with Jon Snow in the mix closer than any Baratheon offspring if you accept RLJ. Finally, Daenerys would also be ahead of any Baratheons though behind her brother's children. Poor Ser Manfrey wouldn't stand much of a chance against these other claimants, who I wager all have more power behind them than a simple castellan.

Prince Doran took a jagged breath. “Dorne still has friends at court. Friends who tell us thingswe were not meant to know. This invitation Cersei sent us is a ruse. Trystane is never meant to reachKing’s Landing. On the road back, somewhere in the kingswood, Ser Balon’s party will be attacked byoutlaws, and my son will die. I am asked to court only so that I may witness this attack with my own eyesand thereby absolve the queen of any blame. Oh, and these outlaws? They will be shouting, ‘Halfman,Halfman,’ as they attack. Ser Balon may even catch a quick glimpse of the Imp, though no one else will.”

When Cersei hatches this plan, is she aware that some of Tyrion's mountain men are still in the Kingswood? I always assumed she would use her own men in costume, but is it possible she was she planning to hire them? It seems risky to have Myrcella go through the Kingswood. It would be pretty funny if Cersei's fake outlaws got slaughtered by the real outlaws.

I did think as much, but thought there might be something I was missing with GRRM's description of them..pale faces and dark eyes, or something similar. Just thought it was worth checking.

I think they're pale cause they never see the light of day.

Why did Ned claim Joff was the rightful King I believe he would not have done that, not honorable Ned Stark (I'm going to reread his last chapter)

He did it because he was promised that his daughters would not be harmed and he would be allowed to take the black. Neither of these promise were fulfilled, of course.

Why did Ned claim Joff was the rightful King I believe he would not have done that, not honorable Ned Stark (I'm going to reread his last chapter)

Varys urges him to make a false confession to protect his family. If he does that, the king would be merciful to him and allow him to take the black and live forevermore at the Wall. But Joff demanded his head instead..

Ninja'd :P

was it the real jon snow stabbed or did mel pull the same trick she did with mance/rattleshirt? and what where mances sources with the nw who told him of Roberts visit to winterfell in agot?

A Mel switcheroo would have been pretty tricky since we read the knifing from Jon's POV.

Mance chalked up his knowledged to regular interaction betweem the NW and folks north of the Wall.

Archived