Small questions v.10010

Angalin

I think the Tysha's rape was a recent revelation for Tyrion. At first he thought she was a whore so she was doing it all of her consent. I mean idk I''m not sure but I think so. But yeah when he found out she wasn't a whore, then he realized that she was raped.

Could be. After a few chapters he still seems to have doubts about Tysha though.
When he said that he had bought you for me, I never doubted him. Why would I? He was Jaime, and you were just some girl who’d played a part. I had feared it from the start, from the moment you first smiled at me and let me touch your hand. My own father could not have loved me. Why would you if not for gold?

Also, unrelated: Can Tourney's be rigged?

Between that there is a theory that Tywin rigged the tourney celebrating Rhaegar's knighthood and the events in the Mystery Knight story, it would seem that they can be rigged, with some limitations.

(There is also the theory of Rhaegar rigging the Tourney at Harrenhal, so that he could crown Lyanna.)

I hope this is the right place.

1) Have i missed something or is there something that speaks agaisnst the possibility of Aegon being banyswapped and growing up as Young Griff? And what is wrong with Varys being a Targaryen loyalist who wanted to bring the Mad King down and the future king away from his influence and shapde for ruling from his very early years buy a fitting man as the noble JonCon?

2) Why does it really matter if he would be a descendant of the Blackfyres or not?

I mean, the R+L=J - theory only has meaning because it desolves the problem with Ned's honour, not because it changes anything for Jon, which it doesn't. What would Aegon being Blackfyre change?

Not sure what 13y/o Tyrion was thinking exactly at that time but in his 1st POV in ADWD, he said that Tysha was raped by his father's guardsmen and he took part in it.

True but that's after Jaime told him so. Thanks anyway.

1) Have i missed something or is there something that speaks agaisnst the possibility of Aegon being banyswapped and growing up as Young Griff? And what is wrong with Varys being a Targaryen loyalist who wanted to bring the Mad King down and the future king away from his influence and shapde for ruling from his very early years buy a fitting man as the noble JonCon?

2) Why does it really matter if he would be a descendant of the Blackfyres or not?

I mean, the R+L=J - theory only has meaning because it desolves the problem with Ned's honour, not because it changes anything for Jon, which it doesn't. What would Aegon being Blackfyre change?

These are not really small questions, but I'll give it a shot...

1. To my knowledge, there is nothing that specifically rules out a baby swap, other than the plethora of hints that he is someone other than who it is claimed he is, many of which point to a Blackfyre connection. The problem with Varys is that he doesn't act like a Targaryen loyalist, he acts like someone very interested in manipulating the Targaryen dynasty, which is not the same thing. If he wanted to bring down the Mad King and replace him with a noble and honorable Prince, he had merely to join forces with Rhaegar. Instead, by all accounts, he subtly worked against Rhaegar at every step. As for JonCon- he was an exiled Westerosi Lord, well known for his loyalty to Rhaegar. IMO, perfect for being manipulated into raising "Rhaegar's" child and one day speaking for his legitimacy.

2. Aegon being a Blackfyre would be highly significant in that it reintroduces one of the major themes of Westerosi history in the previous century- the struggle of House Blackfyre to seize the throne from the descendants of Daeron Targaryen and prove their own legitimacy. It mirrors closely one of GRRM's favorite historical thems- the English Wars of the Roses. RLJ changes everything for Jon. How does going from being the bastard of Ned Stark and some unknown woman to being the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark not change things for him? Not that he is meant to sit the IT, but he would certainly become a contender. Aegon being a Blackfyre has the opposite effect- he would go from being a legitimate son of Rhaegar and Elia to being a bastard attempting to assert a claim he doesn't have.

Try searching the forum for Aegon + Blackfyre for many threads discussing this. As for the significance of RLJ for Jon Snow, visit the pinned RLJ thread for answers :)

1) Not any real proof, but some think it is impossible for Varys to switch them without anyone noticing. But mostly just people believe what they want to believe unless their version is disproved.

2) He might lose some support when it is revealed, it can be more than just a character detail.

As Rodrik marched on WF he was joined by Cley Cerwin, Leobald Tallhart, and levies from House Manderly, an unspecified branch of House Flint, House Karstark & House Hornwood. Anybody know which of the Flints joined Rodrik?

I can't recall if it was here or in another thread domeone asked how the godswood could have survived the dragonfire at Harrenhal.

I came across this quote in Bran's last chapter of Clash: "There is a power in living wood," said Jojen Reed, almost as if he knew what Bran was thinking, "a power as strong as fire."

I can't recall if it was here or in another thread domeone asked how the godswood could have survived the dragonfire at Harrenhal.

I came across this quote in Bran's last chapter of Clash: "There is a power in living wood," said Jojen Reed, almost as if he knew what Bran was thinking, "a power as strong as fire."

Yeah, the godswood in Winterfell doesn't burn either. Though Stannis does burn the one at Storm's End. I don't know for sure there was a weirwood at Storm's End, but I don't see why there wouldn't be.

Did Cersei have a miscarriage? I vaguely recall Cersei telling Ned about a black haired child that died in infancy, but I just can't remember :dunno:

That was an invention by the TV series. TVCersei tells Catelyn about a black haired boy who died in infancy, but GRRM's Cersei only ever had three children (Joff, Myrc & Tommen).

Archived