Small questions v.10010

Angalin

As Rodrik marched on WF he was joined by Cley Cerwin, Leobald Tallhart, and levies from House Manderly, an unspecified branch of House Flint, House Karstark & House Hornwood. Anybody know which of the Flints joined Rodrik?

My guess would be (and it's only a guess) would be the Flints of Widow's Watch.

I'm basing this solely on the fact that their lands are on the East coast, along with the Manderleys, the Karstarks and the Hornwoods, so it makes sense for their levies to be included.

Why is the question of who should inherit Hornwood even a question? It seems simple to me...If a Lord dies without a son (or grandson), then the lands would pass to his younger brother. If he has no brother (or nephews by his brother), then the heir would be his sister's son(s) (still the grandsons of the previous lord).

Lord Halys Hornwood has a sister, Berena, who has two sons (Brandon and Beren Tallhart).

I know it is suggested in ACoK that Beren should be "fostered" by his aunt Donella and become the heir, but that's not definitive.

I just don't see why any more argument/discussion would be necessary. Why would any random dude who married the widow have a claim to the house/lands? Why would Donella have any power to name an heir to House Hornwood when there was a living (albeit captive), male heir descendant of her husband's father (previous Lord Hornwood) and she's actually a Manderly?

My guess would be (and it's only a guess) would be the Flints of Widow's Watch.

I'm basing this solely on the fact that their lands are on the East coast, along with the Manderleys, the Karstarks and the Hornwoods, so it makes sense for their levies to be included.

That was my thought too. Cool.

Why is the question of who should inherit Hornwood even a question? It seems simple to me...If a Lord dies without a son (or grandson), then the lands would pass to his younger brother. If he has no brother (or nephews by his brother), then the heir would be his sister's son(s) (still the grandsons of the previous lord).

Lord Halys Hornwood has a sister, Berena, who has two sons (Brandon and Beren Tallhart).

I know it is suggested in ACoK that Beren should be "fostered" by his aunt Donella and become the heir, but that's not definitive.

I just don't see why any more argument/discussion would be necessary. Why would any random dude who married the widow have a claim to the house/lands? Why would Donella have any power to name an heir to House Hornwood when there was a living (albeit captive), male heir descendant of her husband's father (previous Lord Hornwood) and she's actually a Manderly?

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/The_Hornwood_Inheritance_and_the_Whents

Do we know how Azor Ahai died the first time around?

We don't have this information, do we? Legends rarely die of old age, but we know he supposedly was successful in beating back the Others 8,000 years ago, so at least some time after that -- but we don't know if he died in the final battle, or after of a wound, or just vanished into thin air.

Thinking whoever is AA reborn, be it Jon, Dany, Arya, Stannis, Patchface or Hot Pie, they may share the same fate.

We don't have this information, do we? Legends rarely die of old age, but we know he supposedly was successful in beating back the Others 8,000 years ago, so at least some time after that -- but we don't know if he died in the final battle, or after of a wound, or just vanished into thin air.

Thinking whoever is AA reborn, be it Jon, Dany, Arya, Stannis, Patchface or Hot Pie, they may share the same fate.

We do not.

Maybe he lived a long happy life or maybe he went to Asshai like Nervarine goes to akavir.

Was the Tyrell reaction to the Red Wedding ever mentioned in the books? I can't remember if there were any minor quotes or such.

In their conversation with Sansa, Margaery expressed sympathy, while Olenna snarky remarked something like Your brother was a terrible traitor, I know, but if we start killing people at their weddings, the world will be even more crappy.

Did anyone else think Pyat Pree was the warlock Euron killed? I'm not so sure after reading this comment from Martin:

I think he was one of the four. I cant recall if he killed them all, or just the one. This comment makes me think PP eventually survived - maybe Euron still has them

If all the Martells die but a married Mrycella Baratheon lives, is she the ruler of Dorne? Wait, actually is she going to become Mrycella Martell?

This is a little more complicated. The Martells are toying with the idea that since in Dorne girls inherit just as boys do, in their opinion Myrcella is the true Baratheon heir to the throne. This way they stay loyal sort of. I am not sure their plans extend beyond this. In fact pulling such shenanigans puts Dorne at risk.

Archived