Small questions v.10010

Angalin

Has it been explained how it became public knowledge that Rhaegar abducted Lyanna?

Or who told Brandon Stark while he was on the way to Riverrun?

I wonder about this too. Like at the Tourney of Harrenhall, did Lynna and Rhagear just like run off in the night. Like everyone woke up and was like "shit, they're gone huh." (Rhagear "abdduceted" Lynna at the tourney right??") The whole thing is really confusing. Just like when did they run off, what did everyone else think when they realized they were gone, etc.

I wonder about this too. Like at the Tourney of Harrenhall, did Lynna and Rhagear just like run off in the night. Like everyone woke up and was like "shit, they're gone huh." (Rhagear "abdduceted" Lynna at the tourney right??") The whole thing is really confusing. Just like when did they run off, what did everyone else think when they realized they were gone, etc.

It's supposed to be confusing. All we have to work with are rumors. Luckily, we have the forums and future books to look forward too (fingers crossed). :)

I was confused about this too but I got straightened out in another thread. The kidnapping was quite some time after the tourney. So there is a great debate over where he abducted her and whom she was with. But that's way beyond the scope of this thread.

It was quite a few thousand years ago. I'm sure the details get a bit fuzzy. The fact that they can say anything about those times at all is impressive.

All those thousands of years bug me. The Middle Ages lasted only 1000 years. The western roman empire fell only 1500 years ago. And 8000 years ago people only just started staying put and building permanent settlements that turned into the earliest cities. But if we fall for Others and dragons and blood magic why not...

MEA CULPA

Iron Men: There is a sentence somewhere in the books that states the Iron Men are descended from First Men who came over from Westeros

Selmy and Blackfyre. Although I would still swear I saw it somewhere I have it on the very highest authority that there is no account of Barristan Selmy returning Maelys' sword.

<sigh>

Did they even go there? They say it is protected by greenmen.

Yeah, until we get more information I'm going with the idea that the order of the Greenmen are probably some bad motherfuckers.

http://www.fantastic...ce_And_Fire.jpg

There is a little island to the far east of the Iron Islands. Any word on what this place is? Seems like it should be part of Westeros.

I just looked in the maps of The Lands of Ice and Fire and the island is called "Lonely Light"

Wiki says it belongs to the Iron Islands and it's the seat of house Farwynd

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lonely_Light

Ahhh okay. Wow, it looks big for Lonely Light and way more than 8 days sailing away. The interactive map has house Farwynd farther North.

Thanks

The Lands maps are official most of the others you run into online are speculative. Like one that shows Sothyros as being a huge continent.

I have a question. Something that might have seemed obvious when I first read, but I'm only noticing now I'm on a retread and am more attentive.

The faces on the Weirwoods are said to be carved. But, is that just an assumption or is it ever explicitly made clear? Could they not be the faces of people that have grown into them, like the three eyed crow seems to be doing with regards to the tree in his cave?

I have a question. Something that might have seemed obvious when I first read, but I'm only noticing now I'm on a retread and am more attentive.

The faces on the Weirwoods are said to be carved. But, is that just an assumption or is it ever explicitly made clear? Could they not be the faces of people that have grown into them, like the three eyed crow seems to be doing with regards to the tree in his cave?

I don't think so. For ex. Wildlings carved faces on trees when they were taken to the south of the wall. Jon saw some of them. But we didn't hear a man sacrificing story :S

Bloodraven tells Bran that the singers carved faces and in one of the Jon chapters new faces are being carved in the trees around Mole's Town once the Wildlings come south of the Wall.

edt: TheBlackfyre beat me to it. :)

Archived