Small questions v.10010

Angalin

was ramsay cutting off theons member a tv invention or did it happen in the books also?

I always thought it was purely a tv invention but noticed in dance he says ramsay took three fingers and toes and that other thing, what is that other thing? is it just sending it to balon that was tv only?

was ramsay cutting off theons member a tv invention or did it happen in the books also?

I always thought it was purely a tv invention but noticed in dance he says ramsay took three fingers and toes and that other thing, what is that other thing? is it just sending it to balon that was tv only?

It was implied in ADWD, Prince of Winterfell chapter.

Yes, Ramsay really took his thing :'(

"Legend claims that it was built by Durran, the first Storm King during the Dawn Age, who declared a war against the gods after they killed his family and guests, ruining his wedding to their daughter Elenei. It was said that he raised six each larger and more formidable until he raised Storm's End. Some believe this was because the children of the forest took a hand in its construction, using their magics in the raising the castle walls allowing it to resist the storms. Others believe that a young boy who grew up to be Bran the Builder advised Durran on its construction. The truth of the matter is unknown."

does this suggest that the Storm Kings also practiced incest? or is he wording just confusing?

I wonder about this too. Like at the Tourney of Harrenhall, did Lynna and Rhagear just like run off in the night. Like everyone woke up and was like "shit, they're gone huh." (Rhagear "abdduceted" Lynna at the tourney right??") The whole thing is really confusing. Just like when did they run off, what did everyone else think when they realized they were gone, etc.

this wiki states the abduction was 1 year later, after the Tourney at HH.

Could Elia and Oberyn been incestuous like Jamie and Cersei? I only ask cause of this quote from Oberyn to Tyrion:

“As children Elia and I were inseparable, much like your own brother and sister.

I'll side with Tyrion who replies Gods, I hope not that close to the quote above. Oberyn meant he and Elia had very close brother-sister relationship, much like Jaime and Cersei (just without incest part).

I mean, it's hypothetically possible, but nothing in story and nothing in Oberyn's and Elia's characters points towards this.

Have there been any connections made between celestial bodies, especially the moon, and magic?

To my knowledge, celestial bodies other than "Planetos" have not been mentioned in a single word in neither of 5 books (except for sun-and-stars and moon-of-my-life). Any potential connection with magic thus remains unclear.

Have there been any connections made between celestial bodies, especially the moon, and magic?

One of Dany's haindmaiden's tell a story about how the dragons are born from the moon. There was a moon that was an egg and got too close to the sun and it cracked and thousands of dragons spilled out. The red comet is frequently cited as something related to magic by various characters. I don't recall if the various constellations that are mentioned have stories that connect them with magic.

To my knowledge, celestial bodies other than "Planetos" have not been mentioned in a single word in neither of 5 books (except for sun-and-stars and moon-of-my-life).

One of Dany's haindmaiden's tell a story about how the dragons are born from the moon. There was a moon that was an egg and got too close to the sun and it cracked and thousands of dragons spilled out. The red comet is frequently cited as something related to magic by various characters. I don't recall if the various constellations that are mentioned have stories that connect them with magic.

I stand corrected.

Can someone point me to a good Theon Durden theory? My search isn't working.

For those wondering about the status of Theon's member in the books, this is the passage that best describes it.

Ramsay smiled his wet smile. “Does she make your cock hard, Reek? Is it straining against your laces? Would you like to fuck her first?” He laughed. “The Prince of Winterfell should have that right, as all lords did in days of old. The first night. But you’re no lord, are you? Only Reek. Not even a man, truth be told.” He took another gulp of wine, then threw the cup across the room to shatter off a wall. Red rivers ran down across the stone. “Lady Arya. Get on the bed. Yes, against the pillows, that’s a good wife. Now spread your legs. Let us see your cunt.”

The girl obeyed, wordless. Theon took a step back toward the door. Lord Ramsay sat beside his bride, slid his hand along her inner thigh, then jammed two fingers up inside her. The girl let out a gasp of pain. “You’re dry as an old bone.” Ramsay pulled his hand free and slapped her face. “I was told that you’d know how to please a man. Was that a lie?”“N-no, my lord. I was t-trained.”

Ramsay rose, the firelight shining on his face. “Reek, get over here. Get her ready for me.”

For a moment he did not understand. “I ... do you mean ... m’lord, I have no ... I ...”

“With your mouth,” Lord Ramsay said. “And be quick about it. If she’s not wet by the time I’m done disrobing, I will cut off that tongue of yours and nail it to the wall.”

Has it ever been foreshadowed that sansa will be a queen,not nesecerily QoTN.

Depends. LF was talking about a war of "Three Queens." Its unknown who each queen was, though, but it's possible one is Sansa.

My question: What was Roose's official story for how the RW went down? Did he deny being there? Or did he basically fess up to killing Robb?

Archived