Small questions v.10010

Angalin

Where in the text is it alluded to that Stannis and Melisandre are sleeping together.

In ADWD, Melisandre mentions how that "with Stannis gone, her bed saw little use" and people draw the natural conclusion about what that use would be.

Blasphemy, I say. All that is implied is that Stannis works so hard he doesn't even sleep except for short naps, and to use all his time for the realm in the most efficient way as possible, he doesn't even waste the time to go back to his own chambers.

They fuck on the table.

Where in the text is it alluded to that Stannis and Melisandre are sleeping together.

In ADWD, Melisandre mentions how that "with Stannis gone, her bed saw little use" and people draw the natural conclusion about what that use would be.

Yes, and there's also Mel's saying that making any more shadow assassins with Stannis would likely kill him.

Yes, and there's also Mel's saying that making any more shadow assassins with Stannis would likely kill him.

While explicitely telling Davos that in order to serve his king, he should come to her chambers so that she would give him pleasure such as he had never experienced. It's pretty easy to draw conclusions from this.

Moreover, there's Jon's observation that Mel is Stannis' true queen (and not Selyse) and Stannis not backing from Mel's touch (like he did from Selyse's or like he would from any other woman's)

Tryion's blacklash seems unforgiveable. Also he goes to kills their father....

He;s pretty much had it with his family essentially disowning him despite their devotion to the concept of family, suspecting they were trying to kill him, not valuing him, and him wanting to lash out. The Jaime admission was too much to bear. Which is why Jaime didnt throw him back in the cell,

While explicitely telling Davos that in order to serve his king, he should come to her chambers so that she would give him pleasure such as he had never experienced. It's pretty easy to draw conclusions from this.

Moreover, there's Jon's observation that Mel is Stannis' true queen (and not Selyse) and Stannis not backing from Mel's touch (like he did from Selyse's or like he would from any other woman's)

When does he say that to Davos??

If Aegon had never given Highgarden to the Tyrells and instead gave Highgarden to a family with the blood of Garth Greenhand, who would have had the best claim to Highgarden?

When the Queen of Thornes is talking to Sansa about their "shakey claim" to Highgarden doesn't she say that they are descended from Garth Greenhand, but so are the Florents, and about half a dozen others (can't list them off the top of my head) which is why Aegon had to intervene and bestow it on the ones he liked because there were many families with a similar claim?

When does he say that to Davos??

She says it to him while he's imprisoned on Dragonstone for trying to kill her.

“Is the brave Ser Onions so frightened of a passing shadow? Take heart, then. Shadows only live when given birth by light, and the king’s fires burn so low I dare not draw off any more to make another son. It might well kill him.” Melisandre moved closer. “With another man, though... a man whose flames still burn hot and high... if you truly wish to serve your king’s cause, come to my chamber one night. I could give you pleasure such as you have never known, and with your life-fire I could make...”

“... a horror.” Davos retreated from her. “I want no part of you, my lady. Or your god. May the Seven protect me.”

When the Queen of Thornes is talking to Sansa about their "shakey claim" to Highgarden doesn't she say that they are descended from Garth Greenhand, but so are the Florents, and about half a dozen others (can't list them off the top of my head) which is why Aegon had to intervene and bestow it on the ones he liked because there were many families with a similar claim?

Many of the Reach houses married with Gardener girls/boys, yes. But I think Florents were the ones that married with Mern's daughter or close cousin. Thats why Florents are so angry about not being the High Lord of the Reach.

And te Tyrells.... I don't think they are close to Gardeners. Aegon give Highgarden to them just because Harlen surrendered.

Towards the end of CoK Jon has a "wolf dream" and is talked to by a weirwood tree that has a face that looks like Bran. Then in the last chapter when Bran & company are in the tombs under Winterfell, Bran has a long "wolf dream" in Summer and he mentions that he even went to Ghost and talked to Jon.

Does that mean Bran opened Jon's third eye and he is now a Warg, or Jon's third eye is not open yet and needs help to see through Summers eyes?

Towards the end of CoK Jon has a "wolf dream" and is talked to by a weirwood tree that has a face that looks like Bran. Then in the last chapter when Bran & company are in the tombs under Winterfell, Bran has a long "wolf dream" in Summer and he mentions that he even went to Ghost and talked to Jon.

Does that mean Bran opened Jon's third eye and he is now a Warg, or Jon's third eye is not open yet and needs help to see through Summers eyes?

The chapters are when each character actually goes beyond dreaming and wargs for the first time. As Bran says his third opens while he's in the crypts. And Bran visits Ghost while Jon is dreaming. Ghost approaches the WW and sees Brans face. The tree/Bran then opens Jon's third eye and Jon wargs ghost. He just never learns to use the gift effectively like Bran. At least not yet.

The chapters are when each character actually goes beyond dreaming and wargs for the first time. As Bran says his third opens while he's in the crypts. And Bran visits Ghost while Jon is dreaming. Ghost approaches the WW and sees Brans face. The tree/Bran then opens Jon's third eye and Jon wargs ghost. He just never learns to use the gift effectively like Bran. At least not yet.

Not to get off topic but there's no corresponding eye opening for Arya right? She's the only Stark kid who develops it totally on her own?

Edit: that we know of, who knows what's going on with Rickon.

Archived