Small questions v.10010

Angalin

Which religion do the Stark kids follow? For some reason, I thought Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon follow the new gods, while only Jon follows the old gods, but now I am doubting that was ever true.

I always thought Sansa was raised in both, since she's closest to her mother, but the others follow their father/uncle?

Which religion do the Stark kids follow? For some reason, I thought Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon follow the new gods, while only Jon follows the old gods, but now I am doubting that was ever true.

Arya and Sansa were being taught by the Septa and I think had little interest in the old gods. Arya seems a little out of her element trying to pray to the old gods while at Harrenhal:

The light of the moon painted the limbs of the weirwood silvery white as she made her way toward it, but the five-pointed red leaves turned black by night. Arya stared at the face

carved into its trunk. It was a terrible face, its mouth twisted, its eyes flaring and full of hate. Is that what a god looked like? Could gods be hurt, the same as people? I should pray, she thought suddenly.

Arya went to her knees. She wasn’t sure how she should begin. She clasped her hands together. Help me, you old gods, she prayed silently. Help me get those men out of the dungeon so we can kill Ser Amory, and bring me home to Winterfell. Make me a water dancer and a wolf and not afraid again, ever.

Was that enough? Maybe she should pray aloud if she wanted the old gods to hear. Maybe she should pray longer. Sometimes her father had prayed a long time, she remembered. But the old gods had never helped him. Remembering that made her angry. “You should have saved him,” she scolded the tree. “He prayed to you all the time. I don’t care if you help me or not. I don’t think you could even if you wanted to.”

By the end of the first book Robb seems to keep the old gods. He might have always, or might have been swayed by the influence of the northmen around him.

She found Robb beneath the green canopy of leaves, surrounded by tall redwoods and great old elms, kneeling before the heart tree, a slender weirwood with a face more sad than fierce. His longsword was before him, the point thrust in the earth, his gloved hands clasped around the hilt.

Around him others knelt: Greatjon Umber, Rickard Karstark, Maege Mormont, Galbart Glover, and more. Even Tytos Blackwood was among them, the great raven cloak fanned out behind him. These are the ones who keep the old gods, she realized. She asked herself what gods she kept these days, and could not find an answer.

It would not do to disturb them at their prayers.

Edit:Bran prays to the old gods a few times at least since his fall:

“If Robb has to go, watch over him,” Bran entreated the old gods, as they watched him with the heart tree’s red eyes,

Rickon was probably too young to have a serious opinion.

So the Targaryen heir is the Prince(ss) of Dragonstone and gets the island, my question is do they get evicted if they are no longer the heir?

I don't know that there is an answer in text. "Prince of Dragonstone" is said to be how the Targaryens traditionally would style their heirs, but it doesn't say that it's a rule.

Also, after Dance with Dragons, all females were put at the end of succession (behind even uncles and cousins) so it would always be the oldest male son of the king, then oldest brother of the king, and so on, so the only time I could see this happening is if a King's brother was heir until he fathered a son. The king might choose to wait until his children are born before bestowing the land on anyone, unless he knew he would die without issue. (After the Rebellion Robert gave Stannis Dragonstone, therefore naming him heir until he bore sons, but instead GRRM said he could have kept it in his own right for his younger sons, the same with giving Renly Storm's End)

I don't see a time when one son as heir would be "disinherited" from the crown and someone else would become the heir, and if they were it seemes based on history they would be exiled and stipped of all titles, including "Prince(ss) of Dragonstone".

Im hoping it was Jons physical self but since he whispered ghost to himself while being stabbed he warged into ghost . When the time comes he will go back to his body and become azai ahor reborn.

And the small question was...

I thought the was something way back in Game to suggest that they were being instructed in the ways of the old gods and the new...

Do we know what Patchface's real name is?

I don't think so. Seeing as how he's only survivor of shipwreck on the way from Essos, there was no one in Westeros who could know his name. And seeing how he lost his mind after shipwreck, he's not likely to remember his birth name.

Steffon Baratheon might have known his name, but he didn't mention it in his letter to Cressen:

Only a boy, yet nimble as a monkey and witty as a dozen courtiers. He juggles and riddles and does magic, and he can sing prettily in four tongues. We have bought his freedom and hope to bring him home with us. Robert will be delighted with him, and perhaps in time he will even teach Stannis how to laugh

Archived