Shireen's True Purpose (spoilers)

Stannis Lives

I think that Shireen will become QUEEN OF THE ANDALS, THE RHOYNAR AND THE FIRST MEN, LADY OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS AND PROTECTOR OF THE REALM at the end of a Song of ice and Fire. No way anyone is going to be allowed to sacifice her for some weird theory. Watch.

I have to say, crazy old Selyse on the TV show saying that Shireen is a "wicked and sinful" child makes me fear for her ultimate safety in the books, now that Stannis is away.

oddly enough her behavior in that episode made me have real hope for her future. she was very aggressive, smart and determined. i loved every second of it because i'm rooting for her but the books gave me the impression her future was doomed.

I think it can count as foreshadowing that Selyse will sacrifice Shireen.

nooooo! didn't you think shireen showed spunk and strength? selyse looked completely nuts! you don't think shireen will find a way to escape that in the books based on how she's being depicted on the show?

nooooo! didn't you think shireen showed spunk and strength? selyse looked completely nuts! you don't think shireen will find a way to escape that in the books based on how she's being depicted on the show?

Sorry but if you google child abuse and sacrifice, often abusive parents are mentally ill or lack a grasp of reality. And in RL, there are cults that sacrifice children. It's a sad reality, but that scene, for me, confirms that Shireen is doomed, no matter how much we love her.

Sorry but if you google child abuse and sacrifice, often abusive parents are mentally ill or lack a grasp of reality. And in RL, there are cults that sacrifice children. It's a sad reality, but that scene, for me, confirms that Shireen is doomed, no matter how much we love her.

I agree with the attempt to sacrifice Shireen but I believe she will be saved. I don't like to see Shireen and Sweetrobin as walking corpses as many readers like to take it so. So much obvious hints for their deaths can be taken as an assurance that they will make it to the end in GRRM's mindset.

I agree with the attempt to sacrifice Shireen but I believe she will be saved. I don't like to see Shireen and Sweetrobin as walking corpses as many readers like to take it so. So much obvious hints for their deaths can be taken as an assurance that they will make it to the end in GRRM's mindset.

I actually think Shireen will be the Iphigenia to Jon's Perseus. Stannis has strong parallels with King Agamemnon, who killed a sacred stag in Greek mythology, and paid for it with his daughter's life. Shireen may metaphorically or literally be sacrificed in order to pay for Stannis's kinslaying of Renly.

The example you mentioned of Shireen being married off to Aurane Waters may fit with that idea, as he is sacrificing her in order to secure a advantage against FAegon.

It is probable, however I rather Jon stay dead if that ensures the continued safety of Shireen.

Jon is of way more importance than Shireen. In fact, Shireen may truly just be a means to an end. Val stated she has death in her, and whether or not people can see it or believe it, it is there, dormantly waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

i love shereen, but i ques shes a gonner. i hope its more litteral en she turns in to a dragon for jon to ride, (would make up for one of dany's getting killed in the battle of fire) en would be a bit weist sinds she is a underage girl :S but so was igrette in the books so ...

i dont think pacheface will be a " leader" of the others. mel is wrong to many times for it to be so obvious as him letting hem in, think the blood on his lips is him telling some one something ( could be to open the cells).

if patcheface does go evil we need to watch out for qwaith like a hawk, the only prophetic thats not gone freddy cruger.

the old lady in casterlyrock is sayd to have killed her famely... somehow... need to look it up.

i just cant see patchface in the vangard " kill them kill them all, oh oh oh"

• 2 months later...

Here's a total hail mary scenario. But With Stannis gone, Mel the Red Witch of Sex Appeal could convince her ever loving follower Queen Baratheon who oddly hates her only living child, into using said child Shireen in Blood Magic. Shireen "dies" as Azor-Jon rises and brings Shireen back to life with His fire Magic and kills off The Queen.
Meanwhile Stannis barely defeats Roose and takes WInterfell and the North, while Ramsay sneaks off to the the Wall and is slayed by Jon after Theon begs for help.

Stannis comes back and Mel realizes he is a pretender and Jon ignites Longclaw with magic and cuts down Stannis after he challenges Stark Bastard. Or maybe they fight because Shireen cannot be brought back to life, and Stannis lose's his shit and tries to kill Mel and gets stabbed in the gullet.

Either way Jon now having died is relinquished from his duty to the Nights Watch and becomes Jon Stark, taking the wildlings with him to Winterfell to rebuild it in preparation for the Next Long Night.

If she lives, I hope she gets her grey scale lifted from her by magic and that she marries into a royal family and becomes Queen. Because that girls been through a bunch of shit mang.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I've always believed and I've seen a few other people who believe it too,that Mel and selyse hearing that stannis is "dead" will sacrifice shireen and ask for azor ahai to be reborn but instead Jon rises.

This seems like the most likely scenario. Makes total sense to me. D&D hated stannis so wanted to make him look like an even bigger dick by sacrificing his only daughter. I doubt he would ever do that (at least not in his current mindset)

But crazy mom and the evil red witch won't blink an eye about it. Would work great if the first chapter is the fall out at the wall through mel and what she needs to do to sacrifice shireen for stannis. We see the chapter end with the poor girl roasting. Then next chapter Jons running around as ghost only to see flames in the sky and wakes up in the ice cells in his old body.

Archived