Cricket XIX - Australian Hundreds and Other Myths

Stubby

Looks like Hughes is out for the next test...bit unlucky as he played well in the first test and suffered from the move up the order at Lord's.

So Warner is definitely back in the team?

Cricinfo and Fox Sports both seem to think he'll bat at 6, with Clarke moving back to No. 4 (Clarke is yo-yoing like crazy ATM!)

Cricinfo is also reporting that Starc will play instead of Bird, which I find a bit surprising.

And looks like England will be unchanged...

Cricinfo is also reporting that Starc will play instead of Bird, which I find a bit surprising.

Gah. I really want to see Bird play a Test in English conditions, even before the tour had started I thought he could be a really good find.

It's not clear at the moment from what I can find on cricinfo, but I too will be disappointed if Bird doesn't get a run. Injured or not, Agar needs to be dropped for Lyon.

Yeah I reckon Lyon should get another crack. But Agar is in the fantasy team so if he is not playing I need to change him out.

Sonofabitch! I knew Australia were going to find a way to screw over my fantasy team.

That's why you wait until the last half hour before you make any changes to your team. I decided to make the bold choice and swap Trott for Bell, given that Bell has had strong showings in the past 2 test matches, while Trott has been disappointing. Bell better make that 3 hundreds in 3 tests.

The Aussie openers always seem to cobble together what looks like a reasonable start at a partnership at a fair lick before Watson gets out lbw. Then that exposes the middle order, and the tail have to save the day.

Maybe this time it'll be different and Watson will defy his atrocious conversion record to score a big hundred.

Watson gone. No review wasted. I will take that as a win!

He was looking solid defensively as he was letting go many of the ones outside off stump and played off his legs relatively well, considering he didn't trap himself (again) by trying to get his leg outside off stump. But he wasn't looking dangerous at all. Still, I was hoping for a few more runs from him.

Archived