Cricket XIX - Australian Hundreds and Other Myths

Stubby

So, it seems that Alex's magic works even when he's not around. :lol:

I think it's bad luck to even say his name. It appears that he's the Macbeth of this forum. From now on, he'll only be referred to as "The British poster".

In other news, I've found that a Joe Root innings is the perfect cure for insomnia.

Tbh I'm surprised that we even got this much of a match without weather interruptions.

Every Test that has ever been played at Old Trafford during August has suffered rain delays.

Still, as my brother said, England chasing an ungettable target and praying for rain is a nice little bit of nostalgia for anyone who grew up in the 90s.

Well done to England for retaining the Ashes. It certainly seems like the right result was reached, over the balance of three Tests we have played so far.

It's a shame the series is effectively over by the Third Test, but hopefully the Aussies can make a good fist of the final matches to set the tone for the Australian series.

In retrospect it was a shame we weren't able to pull off the smash and grab First Test run chase, otherwise we really would have a heck of a series on our hands with a 1-1 scoreline and two to go.

Archived