Parties At WorldCon 2013 San Antonio -- Call for Volunteers

Xray, I'll help with setup on Friday and will do whatever up until Saturday - I 'think' Mr. ES and I may be having to leave on Saturday, but count me in for whatever. And I'll be a greeter. I love talking to strangers, as you probably already figured out. :)

I really hope you guys don't have to leave early! If you are able to stay that long, I have a feeling that working door duty with you as greeter Saturday night would be a riot!

Do I get a reenlistment bonus?

:leer:

:pimp:

Re-enlisting. Happy to be deployed where you need me. Can even do errands though... I understand someone got went on a mighty quest last time and The Knight of the Stamp was born (if i'm in Melbourne again and spot Jebus at a bar then I'm shouting out, "Knight of the F#%king Stamp! How are ya mate!").

Re-enlisting. Happy to be deployed where you need me. Can even do errands though... I understand someone got went on a mighty quest last time and The Knight of the Stamp was born (if i'm in Melbourne again and spot Jebus at a bar then I'm shouting out, "Knight of the F#%king Stamp! How are ya mate!").

:lol:

Yeah, I remember that well. Safe to say, I learned my fucking lesson and I'm buying a stamp in NYC before we leave.

I'll be in SA for work Thursday and Friday, and had intended on getting a day pass for Saturday con activities.

I'd prefer going to Friday night's party with the BwB if I had to choose between the two parties though. Would that be a problem?

I'd also like to help with setup on Friday, but not sure what time (a) setup begins or runs through and (B) what time the party(ies) kick off. I won't get off work until around 5 or slightly before that. If setup is not an option is not the best use of my limited time before the party, I don't mind being security. I also should have some time Thursday night after 8pm if I can help in any way.

Can do trash clean up on Friday and Saturday, and door duty on Saturday. Probably won't show up on Saturday until the Masquerade lets out. Might be able to help with set up Friday depending on time.

Thanks again everyone for signing up. Many hands make light work, and all of that. :cheers:

Depending on how things shake out, I might have to ask a couple of you to fill in for security. Don't worry -- that job is basically IDing those who need to be cut-off from the bar, or who might be otherwise causing trouble, and telling me or the bartenders about the problem. So, if you're a bit conflict-avoidant, that's OK. We won't make you grapple with The Tickler. (That's a job for whichever Aussies we have on hand. Tradition!)

Dunknegg -- re: Friday v. Saturday party and passes. It really depends on how the con works security at the hotel. I don't foresee this being a problem for Friday, except that you might have to get creative with the elevator/stairs between 8pm-12am.

... So, if you're a bit conflict-avoidant, that's OK. We won't make you grapple with The Tickler. (That's a job for whichever Aussies we have on hand. Tradition!)

Shit, I just realised this will probably be me since Cam will be too busy schmoozing :)

That said, I'm happy to do security if needed.

Archived