Parties At WorldCon 2013 San Antonio -- Call for Volunteers

Shit, I just realised this will probably be me since Cam will be too busy schmoozing :)

That said, I'm happy to do security if needed.

Lol just saw that. B*****d :-P

I did my duty last year - took one for the team. Was trying to stay sober but had to distract that guy by going and drinking single malts with him to get him away from the party. Was tough!

We collect the donations in person. Having cash on hand is very beneficial for the party organizers (in case of last-minute supply runs).

Xray,

For those who are new (and those of us who have bad memories) would it be worth giving a ball park figure of helpful donations? Or, rather just leave it to people to decide?

ETA: As usual, you are one step ahead of me!

I can also help with security-ID Checking at the door. I do that in my day job already. :) To that end, I can probably pickup some of those tear away paper wrist bands. We can band all those that appear underage. In fact I can get one set for the BWB to wear and one to indicate over 21.

eta: I'm grabbing the wrist bands this morning since I'll be by the party store anyway. :)

Hi you guys,

I am new to everything, but I would love to help! I figure that I can either be an Ice Dragon or help with security. I am a relative newbie, but I love the series and would love to hang with people who share the same passion. I am also appreciate recommendations on the Con. I want to attend, but I "Know Nothing". How do I get tickets? When should I go? Ect.

I'll answer these in bullet-points (running around madly to get organized)

1) Greetings!

2) In order to attend, you'll need to get a membership. You can get them at the door. Memberships can be for a single day (if you're strapped for time/cash) or for all of the days in one go. Con runs from noon Thursday to Monday sometime.

3) When to go depends on your interest. The BWB Meet&Greet is on Thursday at 16:00. That is, by far, the best place and time to find us all in one spot and get many questions answered. Our parties are Friday and Saturday. Sunday is the Hugo awards. Here's the program guide online: http://www.lonestarcon3.org/guide/ you can get an idea of how much is going on throughout the con; official programming starts at 9am most days, and ends well past midnight. So, lots of stuff to do.

4) GRRM has two signings. One is unfortunately scheduled during the Meet&Greet. The other is on Monday. He has a reading on Friday at 17h. He's chatting with Howard Waldrop on Saturday, and that should be funny as hell.

5) We look forward to meeting you!

A member of the BWB? If you have posted on this board, you are a member. There is nothing further to do!

If you mean a con membership, you purchase that through the main con website that I linked for you in the other thread. You generally do need a con membership to attend the con parties. I'm not sure what it is like at this hotel but the hotel sometimes can check for con badges before letting people up in the elevators.

we've added another signing for George it will be on midday Saturday, check the updated program notes to learn more (because I don't have the info right now, and I'm too tired to look for it).

And boy, do we have some great schwag to share this weekend with the Bros and friends!

Archived