Payback to the Freys

-TheYoungWolf-

Ok, now that would be great! Would be a part two of Davos and Stannis conversation about the other siege. Ran out of food, ate the horses, the cats, the dogs, the bastards, the nephews, Fat Walda, well cuz she's fat...

Brilliant. I hadn't thought of that.

But keep in mind, the rat cook is made to eat his offspring, because that's how he himself broke the guestright.

The Freys didn't break the guestright in this way. No cannibalism. No family hurting family at all, actually. Even the wedding itself was genuine, far as that goes. It just concluded with knives and arrows in the back.

if the gods were to play any poetically cruel ironies, it might have to do with the playing of music. The playing of the Rains of Castamere was imho the definitive moment crowning the RW.

I like the idea of Walder Frey getting killed at a Wedding @ Riverrun. By Jamie Lannister to the tune of the Rains of Castamere. Maybe even wearing the Hounds helm and a dirty yellow cloak.

"Lady Catelyn Stark sends her regards."

But only after the word comes that the Twins are lost and the Freys house has fallen to a siege at the behest of King Stannis in the name of the Starks of Winterfell. Taken by Frog-eaters(the Freys fear and hate the Reeds) and Wildlings.

So far only the Red God has made an appearance, of sorts, through agency, in the books; unless you think the Direwolves were given to the Starks by the Old Gods.

However, Frey, Bolton and Lannister were all involved in the Red Wedding (I think the Karstarks had left by then) and are being vilified in the very streets of King's Landing, it offends EVERY god, except maybe the Great Other and his cronies (The Drowned God).

It will come through agency, or disease or simple infertility but I believe these clans are dead, this is the last generation, no child will be born to them, they will be killed by malice, or disease or old age, but they are done, becoming a warning through history that to offend the gods in this way will lead to the loss of everything.

My biggest disappointment in books 4 and 5 is that there was no real revenge for the RW. A few hangings here and there are nothing. The Freys need to pay, and pay big. The old late lord Frey needs to suffer and see everyone wiped out. I wonder why GRRM has not avenged the RW yet, it just does not make sense. Since it looks like it will happen in book 6 or 7 (if at all) I am hoping the Twins will be burned by dragon fire like Harrenhall was and all of the Freys destroyed. If Dany defeats the Lannisters and her forces march north....the Freys are cooked.

What is the march on Winterfell, if not that? Roose by all lights had gotten off clean. Justice is being brought to him regardless, like the man said.

• 4 months later...

There will be a RW 2.0 at Riverrun where Lord Walder will attend Daven's wedding. Walder likes to humiliate his enemies as shown with what he did to Cat's and Robb's bodies; he will attend his brood's wedding at the castle of the Tully's that now belongs to his son.His [Emmon Frey] hand came away red and slimy from he sourleaf. "To be sure. Riverrun is mine, and no man shall ever take it from me."Compare that to the prophecy about the demise of the Witch-King Angmar: Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall. It won't be a man that takes Riverrun, but Lady Stoneheart.Jaime's description of a dead Tywin: Bloody hell, he's grinning like a bridegroom at his bedding. Daven Lannister is that kind of bridegroom.The massacre will take place during the bedding, and Tom plays "The Wolf in the Night" which commemorated Robb's victory at the Battle of Oxcross. LS will appear when during the bedding "Wolf in the Night" is played, and the Freys and Lannisters present are killed. Walder will die screaming as LS gives him a tortuous death.After the Red Wedding 2.0 at Riverrun where Lord Walder Frey is tortured and killed along with whatever Freys present there, a civil war will erupt in the Twins between now Lord Edwyn Frey and his brother, Black Walder. Lame Lothar Frey will manipulate things behind the scenes, he may even be behind Black Walder and Edwyn fighting each other. It will come down to one faction occupying a castle on one side of the Green Fork and the other faction occupying the castle on the other side of the Green Fork. Frey blood will be spilled at the hands of other Freys.I'd like to thank Capon Breath for helping me find this one:Rorge won the blood stained surcoat with its proud Lannister and Frey quarterings. The arrows had punched holes through lions & towers alikeRorge was missing a nose like another character, Tyrion. Tyrion will give his own house a beating, and he may give the Freys their just desserts as well. He had Allar Deem thrown overboard for killing a child that Cersei ordered dead, and I think he would have the Freys suffer for the RW. He may have Dany bring her forces to the Twins. Edwyn may die by the time Dany arrives as Edwyn himself is not a puissant warrior as shown when Lord Piper challenged him to a duel, and Black Walder may be the new Lord of the Twins.Black Harren had a bad reputation as a mean and cruel ruler of the riverlands. Black Walder has a dark reputation and has proven to be mean and cruel, such as suggesting that Jeyne Westerling be murdered so Robb would be free to marry a Frey. Cersei may name the Freys as liege lords of the riverlands after LF dies. Dany and Tyrion will come down to the Twins, and partly in an attempt to win support and partly out of a sense of justice, Dany will have her dragons roast the Twins like Aegon did Harrenhal.

And the Twins will have a very specific curse aimed at these who dishonour guest rights; infertility.

The Twins will be burned and pulled down by the Greatjon and a group of pissed off northmen, most of the Freys will be killed by Cat, Stannis, and hopefully Shaggydog. Olyvar will probably be given whatever lands are left after most of them have been taken by the Tullys and given to the Mallisters. Walder Frey will most likely be killed by Nymeria while Arya watches through her eyes.

OK, I love the idea of RW 2.0, but it should not happen. Why would we root for the "good guys" to break guest rites, while we are so morally outraged that the Frey's did it? To me, RW 2.0 would be a horrible event because it reduces the "honorable" to the same level.

The Frey's and Bolton's have to pay but not at the cost of who the northeners are supposed to be.

The Good Guys will not being offering guest rite, instead they will just crash the party of the Freys and Lannisters who are the host and guests.

Archived