Is Roose Bolton = Dracula

zaphodbrx

You must be reading Twilight books for your vampire rules. Explain how Roose reproduced. Even at that, most vampire lore has vampires as once being human and sterile.

Hmmm... Now if only we had evidence of GRRM writing books with fertile vampires before...

See what I just did there?

How would nobody notice? Does he just withdraw into Dreadfort every 50 years until everyone who recognizes his face is dead?

No, he is clearly a faceless man, when he gets too old, he fakes his death, then kills his heir, steals their face and continues to rule under their identity! That also explains the flaying.

How would nobody notice? Does he just withdraw into Dreadfort every 50 years until everyone who recognizes his face is dead?

No, he is clearly a faceless man, when he gets too old, he fakes his death, then kills his heir, steals their face and continues to rule under their identity! That also explains the flaying.

Interesting, but are faceless men immortal? How does he keep going? What's the deal with the leeches?

I'm not sure about Roose being a vampire, but Martin puts at least one nod to Bram Stoker in the map of Westeros. The body of water right next to the Neck of Westeros, is called the Bite. And in the Bite are three islands called the Sisters. In Bram Stoker's novel, Dracula, the three female vampires that live in Dracula's castle, are only referred to as the Sisters.

Also the name of Dracula's castle? Castle Bran.

The name of the ship that brings Dracula to England where it crashes is the Demeter. Demeter is the Greek goddess of the Harvest. The name of the ship that brings Illyrio to Westeros is called the Bountiful Harvest. The Bountiful Harvest also wrecks during Saan's trip around Westeros.

They should drink the blood not flayed the skin :D

Secondly, how Roose is walking on the daylight ? :D

The leeches that he uses drain enough of the vampire blood from him that he's temporarily able to withstand sunlight.

And Cersei..... well she is still a bitch.

Not bitch. Witch. The fact that Cersei kills Robert with a pig is a clear reference to Circe transforming men into pigs.

They should drink the blood not flayed the skin :D

Secondly, how Roose is walking on the daylight ? :D

Traditional vampires, according to folklore, had no problem being out in the daylight. Even in earlier fiction - like Bram Stoker's Dracula - they were only slightly weakened, but never killed.

This idea that vampires died when hit by sunlight started with the rip-off of Dracula called Nosferatu, where the creator had to do something different in order to avoid getting sued.

So if Roose is a traditional vampire, he wouldn't have a problem walking around in the sun.

Hmmm... Now if only we had evidence of GRRM writing books with fertile vampires before...

See what I just did there?

Like this.

I have always believed roose is immortal. He (as stated) has participated in numerous wars throughout history, has no fear, or shows no fear, and is seemingly uninterested in the game of thrones.

He does care about one throne though. In wf, where he will usher in the others for LN2.0. Or so I believe

Even more worryingly than having a Vampire ruling half a continent is (1): Has Ramsay inherited ANYTHING of his powers? Because that would be Bad. Very Bad. And (2): Dracula seemed to have power over Wolves. Hopefully not Direwolves or else the Starks are in trouble.

However, there's a solution. See Carpe Jugulum.

'I was in the blood, Count. I ain't been Vampired. You've been Starked Bloodravened Weatherwaxed.'

His face was clean shaved, smooth skinned, ordinary, not handsome but not quite plain. Though Roose had been in battles, he bore no scars. Though well past forty, he was as yet unwrinkled, with scarce a line to tell of the passage of time. His lips were so thin that when he pressed them together they seem to vanish altogether.

There was an agelessness to about him, a stillness; on Roose Bolton’s face, rage and joy looked much the same. All he and Ramsay had in common were their eyes. His eyes are ice. Reek wondered if he ever cried. If so, do the tears feel cold upon his cheeks?

Once, a boy called Theon Greyjoy had enjoyed tweaking Bolton as they sat at council with Robb Stark, mocking his soft voice and making japes about leeches. He must have been mad. This is no man to jape with. You had only to look at Bolton to know that he had more cruelty in his pinky toe than all the Freys combined.

I don't know if the concept of "vampire" exists in the ASOIAF world, but I deffinitly think there is some blood magic going on here. No scars/blemishes or even wrinkles on his skin? Deffinitly odd considering every other male in the story who is of fighting age (and some who aren't) have scars/pox marks/deformaties of some kind. And Roose faught in both RR and Wo5K. Maybe his practicing bloodmagic learned form the CotF or from Essos that grants him longlivity, which is why is unconcerned about sireing an heir before Ramsey inheits - he will outlive him.

Also, House Bolton rebelled a few times in their history and have always had a penchant for for flaying, especially the Starks, that makes a TON of sense if it's always the same Bolton who's doing it.

Even more worryingly than having a Vampire ruling half a continent is (1): Has Ramsay inherited ANYTHING of his powers? Because that would be Bad. Very Bad. And (2): Dracula seemed to have power over Wolves. Hopefully not Direwolves or else the Starks are in trouble.

However, there's a solution. See Carpe Jugulum.

'I was in the blood, Count. I ain't been Vampired. You've been Starked Bloodravened Weatherwaxed.'

Luckily he has several weaknesses, rivers would slow him down a bit - and of course there's always:

'It's Roose... can I come in?'

'No!'

'Fuck....'

Archived