Warging dragon? Is it even possible?

I think Dragons can be warged. While it says they are "fire made flesh" they are still just another creature. Valyrians apparently used horns to control them through magic. Warging is another type of magic, so I don't see why it cant work.

How does that explain the Others reappearing, or MMD's magic, which happened before the birth of the dragons?

The warlocks in Quarth magic strengthened with the birth of magic, and they are not just 'another' creature, do all creatures never stop growing? Do all creatures breath fire? I am sorry but this seems magical to me.

The Six-Skins prologue alluded to Jon warging Ghost. It forseshadowed nothing about warging dragons. I doubt the word dragon was used at any point of that chapter. And there's also no evidence--circumstantial or otherwise--that Dany warged Drogon or that she's shown any skin changing ability whatsoever.

The part I was refering to was that where Hagon says that ANY CREATURE whether it flys, swims, walks, or crawls, could be skinchanged. C'mon man. Why would I think wargin ghost = skinchanging dragon. Sigh. :bang:

WHile I think Dragons can be warged - the "Also there's that theory that the Valyrians didn't try to conquer Westeros because they feared the First Men would skinchange into their dragons" part doesnt make sense. Remember Queenscrown and the fort at the wall called Queensgate? The king and queen at the time traveled north with 6 dragons and their court. They clearly did not fear their dragons getting warged.

How could they know that the Valyrians didn't conquer Westeros because of the Skinchangers?

The warlocks in Quarth magic strengthened with the birth of magic, and they are not just 'another' creature, do all creatures never stop growing? Do all creatures breath fire? I am sorry but this seems magical to me.

For your theory not to work we need to find ONLY ONE example of magic before the return of the dragons. There are several posted above you in the thread.

That theory is a good one. It makes sense.

I also think Drangons can be warged, but they need to be warged by an expert skinchanger. Bran couldn't do it by now.

GRRM says we'll see and keep reading to almost every question people ask now so that I don't think proves they can be warged.

We also don't have enough evidence of Aegon's conquest to say he was afraid of his dragons being warged.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. There is that theory that the reason the Valyrians stayed out of Westeros was fear of skinchangers taking their dragons. By Aegon I's time skinchangers were mostly considered a myth south of the wall.

For your theory not to work we need to find ONLY ONE example of magic before the return of the dragons. There are several posted above you in the thread.

Magic did exist, but it was strengthened by the return of dragons, and the day dany hatched her dragons wasn't the return it started before that, as she had dragon dreams and felt the egg hot.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. There is that theory that the reason the Valyrians stayed out of Westeros was fear of skinchangers taking their dragons. By Aegon I's time skinchangers were mostly considered a myth south of the wall.

We don't have enough evidence for that to be a theory, so it is just another readers opinion.

The "targs fearing skinchangers taking their dragons theory" doesnt really hold up. Queen Alysanne (I think) went north with the king and six dragons. They visited winterfell and then she went to Queenscrown and the wall where they renamed a fort Queensgate for her visit. So none of the six dragons they brought north were skinchanged and if they brought six dragons it would appear they did not fear this happening

GRRM says we'll see and keep reading to almost every question people ask now so that I don't think proves they can be warged.

We also don't have enough evidence of Aegon's conquest to say he was afraid of his dragons being warged.

He is not talking about Aegon's conquest. He is talking about the Valyrian Empire.

It matters because dragon brought back magic to the world so they are not like a polar bear or a wolf.

So now the return of dragons strengthened magic and not "brought it back" as you previously stated? Cause I agree. The return of dragons strengthened magic, all magic, but specially and particularly fire magic. Magic existed before their return but has been stronger since.

The "targs fearing skinchangers taking their dragons theory" doesnt really hold up. Queen Alysanne (I think) went north with the king and six dragons. They visited winterfell and then she went to Queenscrown and the wall where they renamed a fort Queensgate for her visit. So none of the six dragons they brought north were skinchanged and if they brought six dragons it would appear they did not fear this happening

By that time I think any warging that might have been going on in the north was kept quiet. At least south of The Wall. Aegon and his descendants might never have even heard of warging, or thought it was bullshit like most people in Westeros do now.

So now the return of dragons strengthened magic and not "brought it back" as you previously stated? Cause I agree. The return of dragons strengthened magic, all magic, but specially and particularly fire magic. Magic existed before their return but has been stronger since.

Was a mistake, yes dragons strengthened magic

I think they can. Dragons are magical, yes, but so are direwolves. Even giants are magical yet Hodor(who has Giant blood in him) can be warged as well. They can all be warged - there's no point in introducing a magical system which allows users to control animals and then make the only animals which are out of control(and sorely in need of being put under control) exempt.

Thats even worse we have less evidence from the valyrian empire as it dates back further

You are right that it is a theory with absolutely no evidence. Maybe the Valyrians just didn't invade Westeros because they thought they had enough land already. It's still not a crazy thought to have. We'll just have to wait and see if anything is revealed in the world book or future novels.

Archived