Arianne Martell

Cimitière

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've said it in another thread. Oona Chaplin would have made a great Arianne. The way she is lying on the bed naked is exactly what I imagine Arianne doing in that case. Having her play a nobody from Volantis was such a waste.

imo she is too tall and skinny, because Arianne is supposed to be short and curvy.

Parminder Nagra looks close to how I pictured Arianne, but sadly she is too old. I always thought she was of an age with Keira Knightley.

• 1 month later...

Patricia Velásquez is how I have her pictured. I didn't even realize that's what I was doing then I saw her face and thought "Arianne?". But nope, just the woman from the mummy yet I don't see Arianne Martell any other way now. She has the beauty that I think would even cause a Knight of the Kingsguard such as Ser Arys Oakheart to forsake his honor and vows. Then again most Knights in these books have very little honor. :/

Patricia Velásquez is how I have her pictured. I didn't even realize that's what I was doing then I saw her face and thought "Arianne?". But nope, just the woman from the mummy yet I don't see Arianne Martell any other way now. She has the beauty that I think would even cause a Knight of the Kingsguard such as Ser Arys Oakheart to forsake his honor and vows. Then again most Knights in these books have very little honor. :/

Yes, that's Arianne - twenty years older.

• 1 month later...

ugh no whitewashing please

To quote George RR Martin on this

As for the Dornishmen, well, though by and large I reject one to one analogies, I've always pictured the "salty Dornish" as being more Mediterranean than African in appearance; Greek, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, etc. Dark hair and eyes, olive skin. Pedro Pascal is Chilean. (Check out Amok's version of the Red Viper, that's how I saw him. Or Magali Villenueve's beautiful and sexy portrait of Princess Arianne).

Archived