In Stannis' fight w/ The Others...

aceluby

just saw this. dany does not get dragons for free. she had to sacrifice her son, her husband and herself ( although she survived) to get it. killing the witch was hardly a sacrifice for her but provided the last ingredient to get it. given the knowledge of the cost for her dragons, i'm not sure dany would have paid it.

Interesting. The way I see it-

1.) Drogo died not to get dragons, but because she trusted MMD to treat him (a mistake, not one that I think is huge, but one none the less, listening to the Dothraki would have saved him)

2.) Son died because he was brought in the hut with MMD, so basically goes back to 1.)

3.) Would she have gotten dragons without them dying? We don't know. But she got them mostly because she walked into fire. Something a lot of targaryans experimented with, but it worked for her, and not for them. Screams of plot gift methinks

I think if 500k Others met him and declared him King, Stannis would use his newfound power to take the IT. I also think that he would imprison or kill anyone who opposed this action in the same way he imprisoned his lords who refused to sacrifice The Seven, Mel being the first to go IMO. I'm not entirely sold that he would deny this if he couldn't 100% control them either because I'm not 100% convinced he really cares about the people more than he cares about his own prestige. Most of the lords of Westeros deny his claim already, which will already mean punishment for the lords (even if they later swear fealty as shown w/ Davos), and war across the land. War means innocents die and Stannis knows this more than anyone.

Archived