What happened to make Aerys lose respect for Tywin around 270-275AL?

Suzanna Stormborn

How so, in comparison to before, pray tell? I might have missed something (obviously I have), I've yet to get a copy of TWOIAF.

Well before woiaf we did not know for sure where Aerys and Joanna were geographically during the time of Tyrions conception. I hypothesized in my OP here that if TYrion was born in 273, they would have had to be in the same location some time in 272, and that 272 was the 10 year anniversary of Aerys's reign, so maybe there was a party that the Hand and his wife would be obligated to attend.

woaif confirmed this was actually correct and that in 272 Joanna was at KL and her and Aerys had some sort of incident and the next day Tywin put in his resignation as hand, which Aerys did not accept. 9 months later she died giving birth to Tyrion. Although I will admit we do not know for sure that it was exactly 9 moths later, they do not break it down in terms of specific dates. Anyway, as one of the main arguments against A+J=T was that they were not in the same place for conception has practically been blown out of the water. Leaving it highly possible that Aerys and JOanna fornicated at the 10 year anniversary party and he is the father of Tyrion.

• 2 months later...

Archived