*Crackpot* Roose Bolton is a descendant of the Night's King

The Great Walrus

Several times, Roose is described as having inhuman looking blue eyes, and is also described as having not noticeably aged. I believe that this points towards him being something more then human, and perhaps this could apply to house Bolton as a whole.

I think bumps posted a similar theory a while back if you're interested xD

I don't have the link on hand, but I remember it being fairly exhaustive and pretty interesting

The Boltons are definitely creepy and something is going on with them.

They could be descendants of the Night's King, which means they could also be descendants of the Starks. It's pretty interesting.

That could be an explanation for the numerous Bolton uprisings against the Starks, and why they had a habit of Flaying Stark men.

To me this is pretty much canon. Theon describes him as having eyes like chipped dirty ice. His House is a long standing enemy to the Starks. He doesnt care if his children live, despite the fact he supposedly doesnt like Ramsay. He leaches his blood. He learnt something from that freaky deak book in HH. Hes been "leaching" the Norths strength from day one. He personally killed Robb. His family flay men, likely as a parody of the Starks and other true wargs. It all adds up

The Red Lord has Mel etc. The Whites had Craster, and Roose

That could be an explanation for the numerous Bolton uprisings against the Starks, and why they had a habit of Flaying Stark men.

I could think of a few reasons that the Boltons are keeping the skins of flayed men.

Maybe they are keeping the skins of enemies to place on the Others - so they can walk around undetected like a FM. Maybe the Others could outfit in a Stark skin and pass through the wards in the Wall.

If there should always be a Stark in Winterfell, then maybe the Boltons think there should always be a Stark in the Dreadfort. What better way than to keep a Stark in the Dreadfort, than to keep their skin in a hidden chamber.

I don't buy it, yet. Could be. But the evidence is thin, if there's evidence at all.

Weird eyes? We have all kinds of eyes in Westeros.

Blood leeching? Others do it too. (pun intended)

About the eyes, no one else has eyes that are described as inhuman. Weather they're purple eyes or grey eyes or green eyes, they always seem normal. Going the extra mile to describe Roose' eyes as inhuman seems to me like a small hint of something larger.

And while others do use blood leeching, it's always as a strictly medical procedure, and it's never done in the amount that Roose does it.

Butterbumps proposed this theory too: http://asoiaf.wester...-from-a-bolton/

I actually quite like the theory myself and there is something otherworldly about him, I feel there is some type of Others connection.

Thanks! She linked it to me a while back but I was too lazy to find it to post here. It was a very interesting read, though I wasn't very convinced by the end. Bumps is fairly invested in this crackpot =P

About the eyes-Ramsays eyes are the only thing that save him. Rooses treatment of him is bizarre and out of character. Why is this? Because he sees something in him? Some of the same blood? More so then in his other children. It is remarked on often

Does Bolton have blue eyes though? I always pictured them as a pale grey. Jaime describes them as paler than stone and darker than milk. That doesn't really sound like blue.

butterbumps' Drawing Blood From A Bolton theory is great, but I'm very skeptical that it's true. It would be cool if Roose turned out to be a servant of the Great Other, but at this stage, I don't know, I don't really see it happening.

Does Bolton have blue eyes though? I always pictured them as a pale grey. Jaime describes them as paler than stone and darker than milk. That doesn't really sound like blue.

I always imagined them as a sort of bluish-grey color, like this:http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/0/05/NotanerArt_Roose_Bolton.jpg

I always imagined them as a sort of bluish-grey color, like this:http://awoiaf.wester...oose_Bolton.jpg

Yeah, the colour of his eyes are always differently interpreted by artists. The one in my avatar shows him as having eyes that are almost white. Ramsay's portrait also have the same eyes. He could have those sort of eyes that look grey in a certain light, and blue at other times.

If you want to add to the NK descendant theory, butterbumps brought up an interesting parallel between the NK's corpse bride and Ramsay's necrophilia. But I still think that it's a bit of a stretch, because the text isn't exactly clear on whether Ramsay is a necrophiliac, and also because this doesn't seem to be a common occurence among Boltons.

Archived