Small Questions v 10011

Stubby

Why is Varys so nice to Robert's bastards? I mean I can understand Varys helping to get Gendry a job because that gives him a stable life and is useful so that Varys will always know where to find him. But what about sending Edric Storm presents is that really necessary?

Why is Varys so nice to Robert's bastards? I mean I can understand Varys helping to get Gendry a job because that gives him a stable life and is useful so that Varys will always know where to find him. But what about sending Edric Storm presents is that really necessary?

Maybe he has a thing for Bastards....

He might be a Blackfyre after all.

I think the Andals were Fair. They looked more like the Lannisters. The first men were darker. They looked more like the Starks. But essentially two waves of human immigrants. http://awoiaf.wester...ndex.php/Andals

Isn't really mentioned in the books the Rhoynar seem to the only ones with heavy physical differences.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked something.

This is not a small question. Here's one thread:

There are a few others. And the point usually comes up whenever Varys's motivation is discussed.

When did House Targaryen take a three-headed dragon as its sigil? Was it before Aegon I & his sisters/wives?

I think it was based on Aegon and his sister-wives. I can't recall the quote but the concordance says:

The three-headed dragon, red, on black is the emblem of House Targaryen. It represents Aegon and his two sisters (I: 36, 692)

When Aegon I invaded Westeros did he habe more than 3 dragons or just three?

Just the three.

Where exactly was Valyria located before the Doom?

In the exact same spot. Except there wasn't a huge crater there.

When did House Targaryen take a three-headed dragon as its sigil? Was it before Aegon I & his sisters/wives?

It was After/During the invasion.

When Aegon I invaded Westeros did he habe more than 3 dragons or just three?

The Targaryens came from Valyria with 3 dragons. 2 died on dragonstone but 2 more were born. He invaded Westeros with those 3.

Question of my own: At their height, how many dragons were ever alive at one time? Was it always 3?

Followup: Are all dragon skulls accounted for in KL?

Dressed as he was, he made a comic sight. His doublet was divided down the middle; the left side was purple velvet with bronze studs; the right, yellow wool embroidered in green floral patterns. His breeches were similarly split; the right leg was solid green, the left leg striped in red and white. One of Illyrio’s chests had been packed with a child’s clothing, musty but well made. Septa Lemore had slit each garment apart, then sewn them back together, joining half of

this to half of that to fashion a crude motley.

Has anyone figured the different houses the clothing here represents?

Doublet with yellow wool embroidered in green floral patterns - House Tyrell?

Solid green breeches - House Tyrell?

Red and white striped breeches - Jon Connington's house?

Purple velvet doublet with bronze studs (This one is the most confusing....Littlefinger wears a plum colored doublet...or could it be the Redwyne's?)

Just two questions, sorry if they have been asked before;

Roose and Ramsy are aware that Bran and Rickon are alive, right?

Also, were one of the millers boys that Theon killed his bastard son by the millers wife?

Just two questions, sorry if they have been asked before;

Roose and Ramsy are aware that Bran and Rickon are alive, right?

Also, were one of the millers boys that Theon killed his bastard son by the millers wife?

Yes and possibly. That's sort of the point with bastards (with any kids really). How do you know who your daddy is? 'Cause your mamma told ya'. The point is more that he very well could be Theon's bastard & since the miller's wife is dead the kid in question will remain, simultaneously, both Theon's bastard & not Theon's bastard. Schrodinger's bastard, if you will.

Question of my own: At their height, how many dragons were ever alive at one time? Was it always 3?

Not always 3, there have been more at several points in time

Probably, but we don't really know

Yes and possibly. That's sort of the point with bastards (with any kids really). How do you know who your daddy is? 'Cause your mamma told ya'. The point is more that he very well could be Theon's bastard & since the miller's wife is dead the kid in question will remain, simultaneously, both Theon's bastard & not Theon's bastard. Schroedinger's bastard, if you will.

Wouldn't the kids in question be too old to be Theon's? Or was the younger one young enough to be his?

Wouldn't the kids in question be too old to be Theon's? Or was the younger one young enough to be his?

They had to pass for an 8yr old & a 4yr old. Yes, the younger one could conceivably be Theon's I think. He would seem to be a pork swordsman of some renown & tapping the millers wife at 14/15 sounds believable. The point I was making was that it doesn't really matter. That in a world where highborn men routinely rape & bed lowborn women with no apparent method of contraception, bar morning-after moontea, then a man can kill his own son & not even ever know that he'd done it. So in effect, every man in Westeros who has a bastard of an age to go to war is killing his own son every time he cuts down some lowborn bastard on a battlefield and every man with a bastard of an age to work is raping his own daughter when he takes a tavern wench or serving girl, because if you don't know you have a bastard or you don't know what they look like then every bastard might as well be yours. Schrodinger's bastard. It's a thing.

Jaehaerys I had 6 dragons.So no.

and in pre history dragons roamed all over the planet.

All Targ dragons yes.

Archived